Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit discussions

Brexit discussions

Old Sep 3rd 2019, 8:50 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Brexit discussions

Due to the fact that I was forced to intervene in yet another Brexit style thread due to members intolerance of others opinions I feel duty bound to set boundaries before further threads appear. So I have decided that in order for an intelligent polite and worthwhile discussion to occur there is a need for rules to be set down.

1. There will be no derogatory comments on leavers and remainers. What is past is past and no amount of your bickering can change this.
2. Be factual, provide evidence when possible.
3. Be respectful, no name calling etc

Very simple basic rules which each and everyone of you are capable of keeping when in the right frame of mind, however, Brexit appears to bring out the inner petulant child which is no longer going to be tolerated.

Any posts that do not adhere to these rules will be deleted. Members who repeatedly cause difficulties will be removed from the forum.

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 8:55 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit discussions

I hasten to add that some members did try very hard to keep the discussion polite and on track but were fighting an uphill battle. The thread could have been closed at an earlier stage but unfortunately I resisted this action believing/hoping that it would change for the better but it did not hence necessitating my intervention when I returned to the site.

Rosemary
Old Sep 3rd 2019, 5:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit discussions

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Due to the fact that I was forced to intervene in yet another Brexit style thread due to members intolerance of others opinions I feel duty bound to set boundaries before further threads appear. So I have decided that in order for an intelligent polite and worthwhile discussion to occur there is a need for rules to be set down.

1. There will be no derogatory comments on leavers and remainers. What is past is past and no amount of your bickering can change this.
2. Be factual, provide evidence when possible.
3. Be respectful, no name calling etc

Very simple basic rules which each and everyone of you are capable of keeping when in the right frame of mind, however, Brexit appears to bring out the inner petulant child which is no longer going to be tolerated.

Any posts that do not adhere to these rules will be deleted. Members who repeatedly cause difficulties will be removed from the forum.

Rosemary
Well said................ As admin of a couple of FB groups, I ended up simply introducing a strict no politics or Brexit rule for the same reason.