Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Old Nov 12th 2022, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond reputeBomber Harris has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brexit Biometric card payment difficulties

Originally Posted by toots sweet
Just went onto SEF site and generated my DUC... no problem. Onto bank...filled in correctly double checked details and requested SMS code to validate payment.
This is where the problem starts.None of the codes have been accepted by the bank and so payment hasn't gone through,and I've tried 4/5 times. Is this a problem with the bank or SEF does anyone know ,or had the same problem?
You have to wait 48 hours after generating the DUC for the payment reference number to be activated in order for the payment to be processed.
Old Nov 12th 2022, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

toots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond reputetoots sweet has a reputation beyond repute

Ah.. thanks BA .Little slip I was given said to wait 48 hours to generate the DUC (which I have) and to pay via bank or Multibanco. No mention that I had to wait 48 hours AFTER generating the DUC. Could have done that a couple of days ago!!
Old Nov 12th 2022, 7:08 pm
Forum Regular

Pilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond reputePilotabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yep same issue... Thanks to toots for highlighting and bomber for the suggestion
Old Nov 13th 2022, 8:41 am
Forum Regular

Mitzi2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ninmurai
I’m not sure if others have had this issue, but I still have not been able to generate the DUC on their Brexit residence card website, did anyone else here have that issue and how did it get resolved? I had my appointment 2.5 weeks ago and still haven't been able to pay for mine.

All the usual claims of “click the printer icon” or “click the calendar icon” don’t apply here because there’s no icon to click! I just get the message of “No active or pending payment documents (DUC)”.

I've emailed SEF and tried calling, literally 200 times according to my redial counter, but to no avail. They only emailed back to say they could see the 'process' in their back end and the DUC will only be released when they are finished. Whatever that may mean.
It’s not easy or clear. Click on the € sign. Click on your name. Click on the date that you had your appointment. Then click on the printer sign. Can’t remember if it then reveals its self but if it doesn’t, click on the printer sign that shows up again on the right side. This should reveal the payment reference you need. Screen shot if it does appear. Good luck.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Ninmurai is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mitzi2012
It’s not easy or clear. Click on the € sign. Click on your name. Click on the date that you had your appointment. Then click on the printer sign. Can’t remember if it then reveals its self but if it doesn’t, click on the printer sign that shows up again on the right side. This should reveal the payment reference you need. Screen shot if it does appear. Good luck.
Thanks. My process was completed about 2 weeks ago.

Originally Posted by Mitzi2012
It’s not easy or clear. Click on the € sign. Click on your name.
Your answer is the kind I specifically mention didn’t work in mine and many other people’s situations. It would have failed after clicking on the name, because there’s nothing to click beyond there. There’s a real back-end issue for those applying for 10-year card it seems.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

sam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the roughsam349 is a jewel in the rough

SEF has just published a 1 min video showing step-by-step what to click on when you are paying - it's on Facebook, not sure if this link will work, but I'll try:
[edit - no, failed.. can't add link - but if you go to SEF's page on Facebook, it's the first item (at the moment)]

Last edited by sam349; Nov 14th 2022 at 7:41 pm.
Old Nov 17th 2022, 4:52 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Oh well, payment deadline today (17/11/22) and SEF still not posted the payment DUC. Have emailed the contact address and will just have to wait until they bother to reply.
Old Nov 18th 2022, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

A good news post for a change.
Attended interview at SEF offices Faro at 4pm on Wed 16 Nov.
Logged in to SEF website this morning (18 Nov) and printed off payment details.
Will now wait 48 hours before paying 15 Euros as instructed.
Old Nov 20th 2022, 4:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Ah.. thanks BA .Little slip I was given said to wait 48 hours to generate the DUC (which I have) and to pay via bank or Multibanco. No mention that I had to wait 48 hours AFTER generating the DUC. Could have done that a couple of days ago!!
Me too, she told me to wait 48 hours before trying to make the DUC, but it appears that its 48 hours after the DUC that you can pay (but maybe I wouldnt have been able to make the DUC before 48 hours too?)

I made my request on 7/11
It was issued on the 17/11
Payment deadline is 24/11
Today is 20/11
"De momento não é possivel efectuar esta operação. Por favor tente mais tarde."

That should be the National Anthem

Maybe it is 48 'working day' hours .....?

Or maybe this is just the start of yet another exiting Portuguese adventure to incredulity and beyond

Probably I will get a fine for not paying on time when my payment deadline passes before the system allows me to pay
That's no joke, its happened to me before

Oh well, the lady in the appointment was very nice, so its fine
Old Nov 21st 2022, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Midgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond reputeMidgo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Midgo
Me too, she told me to wait 48 hours before trying to make the DUC, but it appears that its 48 hours after the DUC that you can pay (but maybe I wouldnt have been able to make the DUC before 48 hours too?)

I made my request on 7/11
It was issued on the 17/11
Payment deadline is 24/11
Today is 20/11
"De momento não é possivel efectuar esta operação. Por favor tente mais tarde."

That should be the National Anthem

Maybe it is 48 'working day' hours .....?

Or maybe this is just the start of yet another exiting Portuguese adventure to incredulity and beyond

Probably I will get a fine for not paying on time when my payment deadline passes before the system allows me to pay
That's no joke, its happened to me before

Oh well, the lady in the appointment was very nice, so its fine
8:02 Monday morning!
Operação Efectuada
Woohoo!

Just when I had that 15 digit payment code memorised by heart, I'd tried it so many times

Old Nov 21st 2022, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

BillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond reputeBillBullock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BillBullock
A good news post for a change.
Attended interview at SEF offices Faro at 4pm on Wed 16 Nov.
Logged in to SEF website this morning (18 Nov) and printed off payment details.
Will now wait 48 hours before paying 15 Euros as instructed.
Less than 48 hours passed and I was able to pay online through my bank. Now the long wait for delivery of the card in the post.
Old Nov 21st 2022, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

It is mentioned in DUC.
"O DUC encontra-se disponível para pagamento dois dias úteis após a data da sua emissão."
Old Nov 28th 2022, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

paradis2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i have had difficulties paying for my biometric card online and today I checked my document they issuedy for my biometric card and it says the deadline was the 22th November. Has anyone else had these issues and could I pay if I went to the SEF office?
Old Nov 28th 2022, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

GrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond reputeGrahamF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paradis2022
Hi i have had difficulties paying for my biometric card online and today I checked my document they issuedy for my biometric card and it says the deadline was the 22th November. Has anyone else had these issues and could I pay if I went to the SEF office?
Deadline for issue of my DUC was 17th and when it was overdue, I emailed SEF but no reply. On 22nd I managed to get through on telephone and woman issued it immediately, with payment deadline of 29th. Paid by internet banking on 25th and it's now appeared on SEF portal as paid.
Old Nov 29th 2022, 3:57 am
BE Enthusiast

sportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond reputesportpix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GrahamF
Deadline for issue of my DUC was 17th and when it was overdue, I emailed SEF but no reply. On 22nd I managed to get through on telephone and woman issued it immediately, with payment deadline of 29th. Paid by internet banking on 25th and it's now appeared on SEF portal as paid.
please advise how to check this on SEF portal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.