Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Best way send parcels UK to Algarve.

Best way send parcels UK to Algarve.

Old Nov 28th 2016, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

juharper1967 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Best way send parcels UK to Algarve.

Before I come back end of next week I need to send a couple of boxes of personal possessions maybe 1 @ 20KG and 1 @ 10KG. I need guaranteed 5 days delivery.

Yes I have googled and seen various options, but wondered if there is an easy, reliable, reasonable option other than the mainstream UPS/DHL etc.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 7:02 am
BE Forum Addict

liveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond reputeliveaboard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way send parcels UK to Algarve.

I like Direct transport; I mail to the UK depot and pick up in person from their depot in Porshes.
Parcels received by Thursday in the UK arrive in Algarve the following Tuesday.

Post to Portugal is problematic, you never know who will deliver, when, or if.
If you do use a parcel service, be sure to put a Portuguese phone number prominently on it.
There is no register of addresses [as there is in the UK] and the delivery vans do not use GPS. If they don't know where your address is, they will try to call, but only if they see a local number.
Old Nov 29th 2016, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by juharper1967
Before I come back end of next week I need to send a couple of boxes of personal possessions maybe 1 @ 20KG and 1 @ 10KG. I need guaranteed 5 days delivery.

Yes I have googled and seen various options, but wondered if there is an easy, reliable, reasonable option other than the mainstream UPS/DHL etc.
Hi

I use Pharosparcels to delivery Spices for my business, it costs for up to 30 kilo £29 and Pharos use UPS to deliver for them normally 3 to 4 days.

In Gois there are a number of places who take in parcels for the local Brits perhaps if you live remote you could find a local bar to do the same.

Peter
Old Nov 30th 2016, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

I used Algarve Removals Juharper.. Have had endless trouble with using ordinary post and courier's (written a massive moan on here about them lol) Unless the company I am ordering from uses a reliable courier like CHRONOPOST based in Faro. I will not go near courier's again.
It costs me money which is annoying,and unless I want to spend more for personal delivery , I have to go pick it up from their depot.but goods arrive when they say they will.

. I can fill a large box with orders from the UK for roughly 39 euro's. I should have paid that for the single item I ordered last week ,but the guy charged me 10 euro's.
Old Nov 30th 2016, 4:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

morro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond reputemorro has a reputation beyond repute

I use Pharoparcels- excellent!
I wish that I could send parcels to the UK for £29!
Old Dec 27th 2016, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Thanks all - for information I used www.courierpoint.com - boxes were sent by DHL and were easy to track, delivered within 7 days.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Will check them out juharper... Just one question. Do they deliver to your home? or to an agreed pick up point.? Had yet another hassle with a christmas gift that did the favourite thing for Royal Mail and their mates here GLS. It came from the USA (we begged them to use anyone but RM and GLS..to no avail ) via an address in the UK. Then toured most of Europe before landing in Lagoa where zero attempt was made to deliver it (excuse.. insufficient address..although it was the official address from the post office... ahh that will be it .it was an Apartado no... Oh just a minute the street address was on it as well. Didn't look down that far. ) So it went straight back whence it came.
A bitter complaint from my OH (it was my christmas present) resulted in myriad apologies and a promise to re~deliver asap. Who with? he enquired.. Royal Mail of course... aaaghhhh
He crossed out our address and put the local Sap grocer... fingers crossed.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 8:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Will check them out juharper... Just one question. Do they deliver to your home? or to an agreed pick up point.? Had yet another hassle with a christmas gift that did the favourite thing for Royal Mail and their mates here GLS. It came from the USA (we begged them to use anyone but RM and GLS..to no avail ) via an address in the UK. Then toured most of Europe before landing in Lagoa where zero attempt was made to deliver it (excuse.. insufficient address..although it was the official address from the post office... ahh that will be it .it was an Apartado no... Oh just a minute the street address was on it as well. Didn't look down that far. ) So it went straight back whence it came.
A bitter complaint from my OH (it was my christmas present) resulted in myriad apologies and a promise to re~deliver asap. Who with? he enquired.. Royal Mail of course... aaaghhhh
He crossed out our address and put the local Spa grocer... fingers crossed.
Old Dec 27th 2016, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

Yes GeniB to both. We delivered to rental agency just in case the boxes arrived early/late - at least someone was there to sign.
Old Dec 28th 2016, 8:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry for double post.. too late to delete one of them. Internet clitch