Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

Bathroom Equipment

Bathroom Equipment

Old Jan 15th 2016, 9:13 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bathroom Equipment

I'm just planning some major changes in my place, including swapping out all the sanitary equipment and installing new. I've had some quotes from the builder and the prices seem a little steep (you name it, it costs ~300 euros), so I want to do my own research.

Apart from AKI and Leroy-Merlin, can anyone recommend any vendors/showrooms around Lisbon or the Algarve? (I'm halfway between the two!)

TIA
Old Jan 16th 2016, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

debsi6 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bathroom Equipment

Hello,Try Beatriz salero near Luz Tavira on EN125 they also have an online shop www.beatrizsalero.com .
I recently redid my bathroom good prices!
Old Jan 16th 2016, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

MaxMAt , I think have an online catalog. Had nothing but problems with cheap leroy stuff.

Ive had good luck for the cheap stuff from sanatania though , used in most of the public and resturaunts , I think dropping the makers an email will provide supplier more local to you , or of those that will deliver.

I think I was about 149 euros for sitter off floor job , 99 for footbath , 120 for sink ex comode , 99 for shower tray which was generic not sanatania , never asked about the plastic bath price just for a cheap one as it wasnt going to be used. But I was buying 2 of each , and that was ex vat and del , ex wall cistern and fittings.
Old Jan 16th 2016, 9:59 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both.

I'll be in Lisbon on Monday for a few days, so I'll have a look around ... and then the Algarve isn't a million miles away.

Sanitana has a huge range, but some of their stuff is at the prices quoted by my builder. However, I looked at his suggestions and they are modern "luxy" stuff ... not to my taste and not what I need really. So he's not being dishonest, he's just suggesting stuff he'd like rather than what I need .... we'll be having a chat later in the week too!
Old Jan 17th 2016, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

algarveandroid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by macliam
Thanks both.

I'll be in Lisbon on Monday for a few days, so I'll have a look around ... and then the Algarve isn't a million miles away.

Sanitana has a huge range, but some of their stuff is at the prices quoted by my builder. However, I looked at his suggestions and they are modern "luxy" stuff ... not to my taste and not what I need really. So he's not being dishonest, he's just suggesting stuff he'd like rather than what I need .... we'll be having a chat later in the week too!
I think we are spoilt with using the likes of b and q et al for porcelain chariots in the uk , with their bulk buying power , but price wise it is comparative to the prices I was given , but this is a few years ago now since that endeavour.

It may still be an option however to use the Uk supplier , and palletise for the usual twice weekly freighters , but again your not exactly local to them neither , plus the luck of transit breakage.

This might be redressed though with any sales on , end of line , new lines coming in from spring onward. Other than a bath the rest are usually palletised when sold as a suite .