Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

8th June 2017 UK General Election

8th June 2017 UK General Election

Old Apr 21st 2017, 8:37 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8th June 2017 UK General Election

Originally Posted by Naaling
In the light of recent political events, only an idiot would have "no doubts" about the outcome of an election!
I didn't say I have no doubt about the outcome of the election...... I said I have no doubt Brexit will happen & the coming election isn't about Brexit. - The issue of whether to leave the EU or not was decided in the last referendum.

The election is to decide which party will govern & nothing else.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 8:40 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carvoeiro
What would be really funny would be if they voted her out at the Election she said wouldnt be happening anytime soon
(unfortunately) with almost 66% of the vote for her constituency in 2015 and a majority of 29000 over the Labour candidate (who gained under 12% of the vote).......

The PM is living up to her reputation as a "submarine".

In April, announces a surprise election to be held in June.

May's nowhere to be seen.......
Old Apr 21st 2017, 8:45 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
I didn't say I have no doubt about the outcome of the election...... I said I have no doubt Brexit will happen & the coming election isn't about Brexit. - The issue of whether to leave the EU or not was decided in the last referendum.

You obviously did not listen to May's election announcement outside of no 10 or the moronic reaction from the Brexit supporting press.
It is now thought that May is about to do another U turn and exclude students from the immigration figures.
Why, because overnight the numbers of " recorded " immigrants will fall.
When home secretary she was anti this and blocked any attempts to change the system.
I wonder why ?

Last edited by EMR; Apr 21st 2017 at 8:53 am.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

You still haven't got it have you! If its not what you think then it can't possibly be true.

If Brexit isn't about governing then what is!!
ALL issues will be decided at this election.
What matters now is what people vote for in 2017. What they voted for in 2016 or 2015 instantly became irreleavant as soon as this election was called.

Believe what you want, you will anyway!
Old Apr 21st 2017, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

You still haven't got it have you! If its not what you think then it can't possibly be true.

If Brexit isn't about governing then what is!!
ALL issues will be decided at this election.
What matters now is what people vote for in 2017. What they voted for in 2016 or 2015 instantly became irreleavant as soon as this election was called.

Believe what you want, you will anyway!
I rather think it's you & the other remainers that are in denial rather than me but hey, if you think otherwise I suggest you sit back & watch it happen because it will happen whether you like it or not.

That's how democracy works.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Naaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond reputeNaaling has a reputation beyond repute

I rather think it's you & the other remainers that are in denial rather than me but hey, if you think otherwise I suggest you sit back & watch it happen because it will happen whether you like it or not.

I'm not a remainer - I really don't care!

You have no interest in facts, that contradict what you think.
You have no interest in listening to, or understanding arguements that are not consistent with your own.
In short. you have no interest in learning.
People who believe they have nothing to learn because they already know everything are usually among the most stupid people on this planet.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 9:12 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

The conservatives have a majority, every piece of Brexit legislation passed with a large majority.
So do they govern or not?
Your claim that the election is about who governs the UK is just bollocks.
It's about buying a few more years in power that's all.
We can spin it any way we want but that's all it is.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not a remainer - I really don't care!

You have no interest in facts, that contradict what you think.
You have no interest in listening to, or understanding arguements that are not consistent with your own.
In short. you have no interest in learning.
People who believe they have nothing to learn because they already know everything are usually among the most stupid people on this planet.
Thanks for the lecture & I wonder if you realise the irony of that remark?

I also wonder what makes you think your opinion is worth more than anyone else's?

Last edited by mfesharne; Apr 21st 2017 at 9:34 am.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

usually there is a good reason for an election - its not done on a power grab
this time its simply a morally corrupt Tory party dipping their fingers in the till

Normally its the end of the term - People usually vote for the current government again if theyre happy or the oposition if not
Or theres a real and significant reason and people vote on that -like war or death of a Pm
So the only significant issue of the moment is Brexit - therefore that must be the reason
its created some real anomalies this time
the core Tory supporters - certainly outside of the ultra ring wing shires voters were overwhelmingly dont you love to abuse that word - anti-Brexit
So who do they vote for
The core Labour voters - especially the combination of Labour and Brexit voters overwhelmingly voted Brexit - especially the unemployed - unemployable and working class oaps - the lowest level and least educated members of society - as described as the core Brexit voters by the Rountree foundation - the most widely respected survey institution that analysed the results - Tradional Labour voters
Do they now vote Tory
UKIP of course are now beyond hope and have no purpose
So who do the remaining 43 million disenfranchised people vote for
Especially as may referred to them as the 43 million losers who must work hard to support Brexit in a recent speech
Could be a very interesting election

Last edited by carvoeiro; Apr 21st 2017 at 11:07 am.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 9:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the lecture & I wonder if you realise the irony of that remark?

I also wonder what makes you think your opinion is worth more than anyone else's?
There is absolutely no "irony" in my remarks.

And I never said my opinion is worth more that anyone elses, even yours!!
The value of an opinion depends entirely on the quality of the evidence and arguement used to back it up.
All I ask is that people listen to and at least try to understand my opinions before passing judgement.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

AliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond reputeAliceCaroline has a reputation beyond repute

UKIP of course are now beyond hope and have no purpose
So who do the remaining 43 million disenfranchised people vote for
Could be a very interesting election
I think alot of people will vote Lib Dem for the first time.
A protest vote, against Brexit.

In 7 weeks we will know.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:03 am
BE Enthusiast

peterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond reputepeterfc has a reputation beyond repute

If one member has an opinion then that then lets everybody else jump in to argue against that member.

I think you all have nothing better to do that act like kids.

Pity you don't know the member you are acting like kids over because he is a nice Guy.

Then again it's what Expats do because they have nothing better to do with there time.

Peter

Last edited by peterfc; Apr 21st 2017 at 11:08 am.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:29 am
EMR
Banned

<snip>
btw havent you just done exactly as you described - jumping in for your friend - a person you seem to have personal knowledge of denied to the rest of us - very 'child in the playgound'
perhaps you should either send personal messages of support off thread or stick to posting to the topic of the thread
Some seem to forget that this is a forum, a place to exchange views and opinions.
Sometimes we agree, often we do not.
If you cannot take anyone disagreeing with your views then this may not be the place for you.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Apr 21st 2017 at 11:36 am. Reason: Quoted post edited, insults removed.
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:32 am
BE Enthusiast

carvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond reputecarvoeiro has a reputation beyond repute

always happy to debate
always happy to be better informed
always happy to exchange knowledge and views

never happy to be abused or suffer fools gladly - if that makes me unsuitable for this website then so be it
Old Apr 21st 2017, 11:36 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

never happy to be abused - if that makes me unsuitable for this website then so be it
If you feel that you are being abused, then please just hit the report button and let the mods deal with it.

Either use the ignore button, or stop constantly bringing your issues with another forum member in to threads please (particularly those he hasn't even posted in, no need to even mention him then surely?), we're all getting thoroughly fed up with it, my inbox is full of other members reporting your posts and it's getting rather tiresome.

So please, put him on ignore, and just report any personal attacks and we will remove them.

Thx.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.