Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Portugal
Reload this Page >

8th June 2017 UK General Election

8th June 2017 UK General Election

Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 8th June 2017 UK General Election

Not only can I think of numerous reasons why I don't want to go back (even for a visit) I also can't think of a single reason to want to go back & I'll be happy if I never set foot in the UK again.

The last few times I have been back, I've felt like a stranger in a strange land (apologies to Mr Heinlein) & couldn't wait to get out of there.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfesharne
Not only can I think of numerous reasons why I don't want to go back (even for a visit) I also can't think of a single reason to want to go back & I'll be happy if I never set foot in the UK again.

The last few times I have been back, I've felt like a stranger in a strange land (apologies to Mr Heinlein) & couldn't wait to get out of there.
Very odd given your determined efforts to vote. .?
If it's no longer the country for you !
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 12:54 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

If one is attracted to the idea of doing away with the EU, I don't suppose that sort of thing bothers one too much
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

mfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond reputemfesharne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric
If one is attracted to the idea of doing away with the EU, I don't suppose that sort of thing bothers one too much
Who's "attracted to the idea of doing away with the EU" then?

Personally, I can see the point of it as a European organisation (although it has it's flaws) but I don't want to see it done away with.

I do however think the UK is better outside of it. Not for me particularly but rather for the next & subsequent generations.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 1:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Very odd given your determined efforts to vote. .?
If it's no longer the country for you !
I agree 100%
This poster is nothing but a hypocrite
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 2:22 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles
I agree 100%
This poster is nothing but a hypocrite
I fail to understand why you call a person who wishes to vote but does not wish to return to the UK a hypocrite. Surely you can see that it is important to vote for who governs in the UK because even though many of us have chosen to live in other counties the policies of the UK affect us. It is for that reason that many of us wish to cast our votes.

Rosemary
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

I believe it's called democracy & I don't give a damn whether people approve of my life choices or not. - If the thought police (who are on ignore anyway) don't like it they can do the other thing....... In fact, I find their disapproval hysterically funny.

And I thank Rosemary for her support.

Last edited by mfesharne; Apr 23rd 2017 at 4:10 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 2:44 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I fail to understand why you call a person who wishes to vote but does not wish to return to the UK a hypocrite. Surely you can see that it is important to vote for who governs in the UK because even though many of us have chosen to live in other counties the policies of the UK affect us. It is for that reason that many of us wish to cast our votes.

Rosemary
There is a big difference between deciding to make your home in another country and having the views of your country of birth expressed by the poster in question.
Having such views putting aside the question regarding eligibility to vote is enough to disqualify him from voting,
What would he and others think if it was an non UK born but UK resident who thought that way.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 4:34 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
There is a big difference between deciding to make your home in another country and having the views of your country of birth expressed by the poster in question.
Having such views putting aside the question regarding eligibility to vote is enough to disqualify him from voting,
What would he and others think if it was an non UK born but UK resident who thought that way.
Others on here have stated that they have no wish to return to the UK and have passed negative comments about life in the UK yet there appears to be only one hypocrite, strange.

So people will you please remember that verbal attacks are not tolerated. Labelling people in a negative manner for their comments often leads to stupid disagreements on the forum. Disagree/agree about issues by all means but do not start warring with each other or labelling each other with antagonistic names.

Rosemary
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 4:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by EMR

I think that if you look up the various definitions of democracy a voter doesn't have to agree with the views of any third party to be allowed a vote & that he or she can vote any way they like.......
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosemary

Rosemary
Rosemary. I fully stand behind the post you find confusing !
If you have the time or the inclination , please carry out a search off post by " mfesharne" & some off the declarations he has made ,not just on this thread ,but also on thread in the link below.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/take-...rendum-879308/
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Please do.......... The tolerant left might not agree with my views but they have no right to dictate what I'm allowed to think or what I'm allowed to say within the boundaries of forum rules. lol!

Freedom of Speech Rights

Freedom of speech and expression are recognised under the European Convention of Human Rights as fundamental human rights. In Britain these rights can be found as early as 1215 in the Magna Carter. Everyone has the right to freedom of speech and expression, and has the right to voice their opinions and to freely receive and give out information. Prior to the Human Rights Act, the freedom of expression was permitted as long as the law did not prevent it. But the Human Rights Act now guarantees under the law the rights to freedom of speech and expression.

http://www.civilrightsmovement.co.uk/right-freedom-speech.html

Last edited by mfesharne; Apr 23rd 2017 at 5:22 pm.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:28 pm
EMR
Banned

Please do.......... The tolerant left might not agree with my views but they have no right to dictate what I'm allowed to think or what I'm allowed to say within the boundaries of forum rules. lol!

Freedom of Speech Rights

Freedom of speech and expression are recognised under the European Convention of Human Rights as fundamental human rights. In Britain these rights can be found as early as 1215 in the Magna Carter. Everyone has the right to freedom of speech and expression, and has the right to voice their opinions and to freely receive and give out information. Prior to the Human Rights Act, the freedom of expression was permitted as long as the law did not prevent it. But the Human Rights Act now guarantees under the law the rights to freedom of speech and expression.

The Right to Freedom of Speech
You do not get it do you.
The more you post in the way you do the more obvious it is what your true views are.
Certainly not those that could be regarded as one who wants the best for the UK , a country you have expressed your disdain for more than once.
It raises the question what do you really think about Portugal where due to circumstances in countries far away you have ended up.
Countries where the freedoms of speech were denied to millions during your times there.
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oh & guys....... you might not agree with my opinion on the subject of Brexit (as is your right) but that doesn't make me wrong.

After all, the majority of the electorate obviously agree with my opinion don't they?
Old Apr 23rd 2017, 5:42 pm
EMR
Banned

Oh & guys....... you might not agree with my opinion on the subject of Brexit (as is your right) but that doesn't make me wrong.

After all, the majority of the electorate obviously agree with my opinion don't they?
It's not your opinion on Brexit but that of the UK, a country where you claim to vote for its best interest but have a very low regard for .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.