Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

WAPol: transitional/lateral entry.

WAPol: transitional/lateral entry.

Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:46 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default WAPol: transitional/lateral entry.

Hi,
I know there has been lots about the International recruitment pathway into WAPol. However, is anyone out there going via the Transitional/lateral entry route?
My wife's an Ozzie, and I will be applying for a Spouse visa and hopefully WAPol through this route.
Thanks.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

richie-318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WAPol: transitional/lateral entry.

Originally Posted by Pincher
Hi,
I know there has been lots about the International recruitment pathway into WAPol. However, is anyone out there going via the Transitional/lateral entry route?
My wife's an Ozzie, and I will be applying for a Spouse visa and hopefully WAPol through this route.
Thanks.
Don't know about this one but please keep us updated.
Old Jun 15th 2010, 6:24 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Will do. But don't hold your breath. I haven't started on the visa paper work yet!!!
Old Jul 10th 2010, 7:13 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Heard a rumor the other day that WAPol are going to recommence the DEAT/Transitional program by the end of the year.

Nothing on the official website to say that this is the case, but worth keeping a look out for anyway
Old Jul 10th 2010, 8:09 am
Almost there...

Thanks for the heads up. Will keep a look out on the site.
Old Jul 10th 2010, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Heard a rumor the other day that WAPol are going to recommence the DEAT/Transitional program by the end of the year.

Nothing on the official website to say that this is the case, but worth keeping a look out for anyway
If you hear anything more please let us know, I got stung last time when they cancelled it.
Old Jul 19th 2010, 11:29 am
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: WAPol: transitional/lateral entry.

Hi all.

Having applied and passed for Edmonton Police in Canada, I have been unfortunate enough to have been 'culled' in the financial climate.

I did download a WAPOL form in 2007, but went on holidays the next days and returned 14days later to find WAPOL ended their recruitment campaign.

Anyone out there knows if theyintend to recruit from the U.K again???
Old Jul 20th 2010, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

I've now sent an email to WAPOL.

I'll update those on here when I get a reply.
Old Aug 9th 2010, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Unhappy Re: WAPol: transitional/lateral entry.

NOT RECRUITING - NO PLANS TOO EITHER!
Old Aug 10th 2010, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by StuArc
NOT RECRUITING - NO PLANS TOO EITHER!
I wouldn't give up hope, or read too much into the above. WAPol are still losing a high number of cops to other trades and I can only see this increasing over the coming months/years.
These cops have to be replaced and certainly, over recent years at least, they have struggled to get their quota via the local population, hence the transitional program.
My advice would be, sit tight and regularly check out the WAPol website.
Old Aug 21st 2010, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Cool Re: WAPol: transitional/lateral entry.

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
I wouldn't give up hope, or read too much into the above. WAPol are still losing a high number of cops to other trades and I can only see this increasing over the coming months/years.
These cops have to be replaced and certainly, over recent years at least, they have struggled to get their quota via the local population, hence the transitional program.
My advice would be, sit tight and regularly check out the WAPol website.
Why are they all leaving? Does make you think.....

I'm still holding out for them to start recruiting again. However also thinking maybe looking at the MODL taking a year or so out and learning one of those.

Any thoughts anyone?
Old Aug 22nd 2010, 7:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by richie-318
Why are they all leaving? Does make you think.....

I'm still holding out for them to start recruiting again. However also thinking maybe looking at the MODL taking a year or so out and learning one of those.

Any thoughts anyone?
Mate, the main reason for the high turnover of cops, is that there are far more opportunities to make better money doing other things.
That's not to say that pay and conditions are bad, because they're not, but when the opportunity exists to make twice as much working on the mines,
or going back to a trade, you can see why many are tempted.
WA is on the verge of a resources boom that most experts are saying will be on an unprecedented scale. This will require huge numbers of workers and no doubt lead to an increase in people leaving the public sector, just like the previous boom.
These people have to be replaced, hopefully leading to more opportunities for you guys.
Old Oct 19th 2010, 6:25 am
Just Joined

woodhillkamikaze will become famous soon enoughwoodhillkamikaze will become famous soon enough

i'm a current NZ police officer. I applied last year and we visited in Jan this year. Perth is a lovely place and I finally got an email 3 weeks ago asking if I'm still interested in joining and could I come over Nov for the assessments as there is provisionally a transitional course March 2011. Unfortunately I had shoulder surgery 3 days after receiving the email but I let them know I'm still keen as and will hoefully be good for assessments January '11. Fingers crossed!
Old Oct 19th 2010, 2:12 pm
Almost there...

Please keep us up to date with how you get on, and good luck!
Old Oct 20th 2010, 12:13 am
Just Joined

woodhillkamikaze will become famous soon enoughwoodhillkamikaze will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pincher
Please keep us up to date with how you get on, and good luck!
Will do and thanks It's such a long and slow process but hopefully in the end it will all be worth it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.