WA - what if...?

Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:16 pm
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default WA - what if...?

My interview is scheduled for 27th sep and my physical is on 26th. If I fail the fitness will they tell me I dont need to attend the interview? Would seem cruel to make you attend a pointless exercise especially when it means more expense etc. How would thia work?
Old Aug 30th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what if...?

I'm in the same boat..... Hopefully no one finds out!
Old Sep 1st 2013, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

EC182 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WA - what if...?

You'll know there and then whether or not you've passed the physical.
Old Sep 1st 2013, 8:34 pm
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

I read on another post that they give you a second chance ins few months time to do fitness. Not sure how true this is mind.
Old Sep 4th 2013, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

Maddjose is an unknown quantity at this point

I have read in the email that was sent,there maybe limited opportunities to retake the fitness at some stage in your week. No sure how that would work? Easy option pass first time..... simples....
Old Sep 14th 2013, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

The Elk is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes you get 2 opportunities to take the physical. If you fail any part you're told there and then but have to complete the rest of the session, which takes about 2 hours. Harsh if you fail on the sit up but that's the way it is. You also have to attend the interview and RJP (which is actually very interesting and informative). One person who failed was able to re-sit the next day, whereas others had to wait a couple of weeks.

My advice is do sit ups and press ups every morning - you only have to do 5 press ups and 1 sit up so its very achievable. The sit up is very technical using only your core muscles, so make sure you can do one with your feet flat on the ground and without using your arms.
Old Sep 14th 2013, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

fadsie1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You can use your arms a little cant you? As l long as your hands stay on your shoulders. On the video his arms move for a little momentum. Is this not the case?
Old Sep 14th 2013, 4:44 pm
Forum Regular

The Elk is an unknown quantity at this point

Basically the way they told us was that your fingers must remain on your collar bone throughout and feet flat on the floor. Haven't seen the video so not sure how much movement is shown there.

A tip would be to not to have your knees too bent - if you fail first time move your feet further away from your bum and really concentrate on tensing your stomach muscles.