Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia?-Part 2

Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia?-Part 2

Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:38 am
servibabe

servibabe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Originally Posted by ronniecat25
Alright you lot I get the message. We will bring the dogs now leave me alone!!!!!!!
I was thinking out loud, wont do that again.
I tell you what though if my dog shits on the newspaper on the flight I hope there are no passengers on board cos the smell will take the plane down. His breath is bad enough.

As an aside. I was chatting to Chris who is also from Gatwick. He mentioned the comment about the residency. Did anyone else pick this up.
The question asked was; [B]what happens if we fail any part of the course or probation as far as our residency goes, do we get kicked out?

Linda discussed this with the other two and said.... No, we will honour the contract for two years.
Does this mean that if we arrive we are basically in OZ for good.

Anyone hear differently.
You dogs will love you forever now. That wasn't my intension just though i would give you some ideas, but good news anyway.
Coral
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

gjc38 is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS.

DOGS AND CATS TO – AUSTRALIA.

1) IMPORT PERMIT – From Australia.

2) DEFRA/MAFF EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE.

3) MICROCHIP CERTIFICATE. – Get this done before applying for the Import Permit - see 1)

4) ( DOGS ONLY ): LEPTOSPIROSIS/BRUCELLA TEST (NEGATIVE) CERTIFICATES.

5) ( DOGS ONLY ): VACCINATION CERTIFICATE – (Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza.).

6) ( DOGS ONLY ): WRITTEN DECLARATION BY THE OWNER/AGENT – Stating that the dog is not one of the following breeds, or their crosses, DOGO ARGENTINA, FILA BRAZILLIA, TOZA, PIT BULL TERRIER, AMERICAN PIT BULL, IRISH STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER.

7) WRITTEN DECLARATION BY OWNER/AGENT – Stating that the dog/cat was not imported into Great Britain during the past six months, prior to being exported/imported into Australia, and that the dog/cat has never been to Africa.

8) ( DOGS ONLY ): ERHLICHIOSIS CERTIFICATE.

9) ( CATS ONLY ): VACCINATION CERTIFICATE – ( Feline Enteritis, Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus.).

ALL CERTIFICATES ‘MUST’ BE ORIGINALS.
NOTES:

A) All the blood tests for Australia (Including the Lepto) now have to be done ‘within 30 days’. If two Lepto tests are being done – both need to be done within the 30 days. ( 14 days apart ).

B) Ask your veterinarian to contact DEFRA/MAFF SERVICES, for a specimen copy of the ‘Export Health Certificate’ – well in advance of the export. In the normal way the DEFRA/MAFF EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE would arrive at your veterinarian within about 10 days prior to the export date. For those veterinarians who are not familiar with the export requirements for ‘Australia’ this would not be enough notice since there are certain ‘Tests’ and ‘Treatments’ which should have been carried out prior to your veterinarian receiving this ‘export certificate’ – So advanced warning is recommended !

REMEMBER - NO TRANQUILLIZERS FOR THE FLIGHT.

hOPE THIS HELPS RATHER THAN CONFUSE THE ISSUE - IT'LL BE A HANDY DOC TO CUT AND PASTE AND CHECKLIST AGAINST ONCE YOU GET STARTED INTO THE PROCESS.

Just had a quote for 2 x medium sized dogs for travelling - £2530 for both (not each!). Then you just have the about to pay - import permit, vaccinations etc., vets and the quarantine bill on the other side.

Judes
x
Old Feb 16th 2005, 2:48 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia?-Part 2

Hi All

Iv'e just logged in and discovered that there is now a heading Police officers who are planning to move out to Australia? - Part 2, with my name on it .

The last post I did was yesturday at 0739 on The SAPOL 60 thread.

Don't know whats happened, but it wasn't me!!!

Dawn
Old Feb 16th 2005, 3:51 pm
Forum Regular

Nancy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi All

Iv'e just logged in and discovered that there is now a heading Police officers who are planning to move out to Australia? - Part 2, with my name on it .

Dawn
Oooh what's going on there then! SPOOKY!
Old Feb 16th 2005, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

IRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant futureIRONS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Nancy
Oooh what's going on there then! SPOOKY!
Perhaps it's something to do with the Psychic's that people are seeing lately

Dawn
Old Feb 16th 2005, 6:02 pm
Just Joined

Kimbers is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Police Officers who are planning to move out to Australia ?

Finally - now that makes some sense. Got the moggies chipped but having a mare trying to sort through all the other requirements. Bloody confusing. Didn't find this site until after the d-day, wish I'd found it before so I could have talked to some of you. Nice to know there are others out there with no fingernails or nerves left intact.

Originally Posted by gjc38
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS.

DOGS AND CATS TO – AUSTRALIA.

1) IMPORT PERMIT – From Australia.

2) DEFRA/MAFF EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE.

3) MICROCHIP CERTIFICATE. – Get this done before applying for the Import Permit - see 1)

4) ( DOGS ONLY ): LEPTOSPIROSIS/BRUCELLA TEST (NEGATIVE) CERTIFICATES.

5) ( DOGS ONLY ): VACCINATION CERTIFICATE – (Distemper, Parvovirus, Hepatitis, Parainfluenza.).

6) ( DOGS ONLY ): WRITTEN DECLARATION BY THE OWNER/AGENT – Stating that the dog is not one of the following breeds, or their crosses, DOGO ARGENTINA, FILA BRAZILLIA, TOZA, PIT BULL TERRIER, AMERICAN PIT BULL, IRISH STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER.

7) WRITTEN DECLARATION BY OWNER/AGENT – Stating that the dog/cat was not imported into Great Britain during the past six months, prior to being exported/imported into Australia, and that the dog/cat has never been to Africa.

8) ( DOGS ONLY ): ERHLICHIOSIS CERTIFICATE.

9) ( CATS ONLY ): VACCINATION CERTIFICATE – ( Feline Enteritis, Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus.).

ALL CERTIFICATES ‘MUST’ BE ORIGINALS.
NOTES:

A) All the blood tests for Australia (Including the Lepto) now have to be done ‘within 30 days’. If two Lepto tests are being done – both need to be done within the 30 days. ( 14 days apart ).

B) Ask your veterinarian to contact DEFRA/MAFF SERVICES, for a specimen copy of the ‘Export Health Certificate’ – well in advance of the export. In the normal way the DEFRA/MAFF EXPORT HEALTH CERTIFICATE would arrive at your veterinarian within about 10 days prior to the export date. For those veterinarians who are not familiar with the export requirements for ‘Australia’ this would not be enough notice since there are certain ‘Tests’ and ‘Treatments’ which should have been carried out prior to your veterinarian receiving this ‘export certificate’ – So advanced warning is recommended !

REMEMBER - NO TRANQUILLIZERS FOR THE FLIGHT.

hOPE THIS HELPS RATHER THAN CONFUSE THE ISSUE - IT'LL BE A HANDY DOC TO CUT AND PASTE AND CHECKLIST AGAINST ONCE YOU GET STARTED INTO THE PROCESS.

Just had a quote for 2 x medium sized dogs for travelling - £2530 for both (not each!). Then you just have the about to pay - import permit, vaccinations etc., vets and the quarantine bill on the other side.

Judes
x
Old Feb 16th 2005, 11:26 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by IRONS
Hi All

Dawn
Don't worry it's still the original thread. I split the thread because it was taking too long to load. This part just happened to start at one of your posts back on Feb 10th.

Sue
Old Feb 17th 2005, 6:23 am
Forum Regular

Thanks for explaining Sue

Dawn
Old Feb 17th 2005, 9:05 am
Banned

mrsmuppet is an unknown quantity at this point

To change the subject a wee bit, Im in need of a boost. House went on the market 2 weeks ago and all we've had is one mad woman who used to live in her current house in a former life...?!? (Not alot to say to that one really.) Hubby flies out on 13th or 14th and there is no prospect of us even being under offer by then. And to cap it all, my meds have been referred because my BMI is over what it should be. Obviously a man who laid that criteria down, he should try having 3 kids!!
We have spent the last three days with a skip outside the door going chucking out loads. Its quite cathartic in one sense but sad in another. A lot of memories are now on thier way to the dump.
One light at the end of the tunnel is that as you cant take the booze with you, Ive got 3 bottles of Baileys, 2 bottle of Pimms and at least 2.5 of Vodka & Gin plus a few single malts of Sir's. Looks like its party time!!!
Old Feb 17th 2005, 10:27 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsmuppet
To change the subject a wee bit, Im in need of a boost. House went on the market 2 weeks ago and all we've had is one mad woman who used to live in her current house in a former life...?!? (Not alot to say to that one really.) Hubby flies out on 13th or 14th and there is no prospect of us even being under offer by then. And to cap it all, my meds have been referred because my BMI is over what it should be. Obviously a man who laid that criteria down, he should try having 3 kids!!
We have spent the last three days with a skip outside the door going chucking out loads. Its quite cathartic in one sense but sad in another. A lot of memories are now on thier way to the dump.
One light at the end of the tunnel is that as you cant take the booze with you, Ive got 3 bottles of Baileys, 2 bottle of Pimms and at least 2.5 of Vodka & Gin plus a few single malts of Sir's. Looks like its party time!!!
Where in "moon raker " county are you?? ................ MM
Old Feb 17th 2005, 8:52 pm
Banned

mrsmuppet is an unknown quantity at this point

Mr Mover..we are in Squaddie land - Warminster. I take it from your handle that you could be a "man to know"!! Got one quote of £3100 for 20ft container.Is that about right? Also heard that freight costs are going up on 1st March by approx 50%, is this true?
Mr Muppet and I have decided that as soon as we are settlled we are going to have the mother of all "social gatherings"! Would love to have you join us (if you can give us an insight into removals!)
Old Feb 22nd 2005, 6:17 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsmuppet
Mr Mover..we are in Squaddie land - Warminster. I take it from your handle that you could be a "man to know"!! Got one quote of £3100 for 20ft container.Is that about right? Also heard that freight costs are going up on 1st March by approx 50%, is this true?
Mr Muppet and I have decided that as soon as we are settlled we are going to have the mother of all "social gatherings"! Would love to have you join us (if you can give us an insight into removals!)
I will look forward to it, i was born in Salisbury, been in Adelaide 41 years, the price you have been quoted , is about the bench mark, 35 cu mtrs, /1000 cuft is a full container allowing for Packing Materials, which company have you chosen? i contract to www.grace.com.au yes i have heard increases are on the way [Bunkering oil costs going up for shipping companies, not so many freighters around ,lots of work in IRAQ} ..................... mm
Old Feb 28th 2005, 10:48 am
Just Joined

boffybloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread guys..

Am another person in the pool...but definately optimistic..although haven't put house on the market.

Anyway did anyone else in the pool get very excited by the title of the mail sent out over the weekend....

Secondly in the email they mention 'confirmation' of other courses. I read that there are the courses but are waiting to release them.(nothing new just an observation)

Thirdly, on the info day Linda mentioned 200 spaces plus an extra 10 spaces for officers on secondment overseas........If 60 pathfinders have gone out with 150 in the pool....is it co-incidence that that equals 210 as well...(straws and clutching maybe).

forthly....extending the medical to the end of the year to ensure that those awaiting Septembers entry do not have to get another medical???.

Fifthly, I heard from one of those in the know that the press hate the commisioner...and apparently its reciprocated...so they are hell bent on causing as much grief for him.....

Anyway thought I'd contribute to the forum.

All the best to those going out (wished I'd taken the test on week one when offered!!!)
and for those still waiting....Ebay is a fantastic way of gettin rid of crap !!!

Love & stuff

Ads
Old Feb 28th 2005, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Ads

If you log on to www.police-forum.com you may find it helpful.

Dawn
Old Mar 4th 2005, 5:02 pm
Learning the ropes

SimonA is an unknown quantity at this point

Just heard a little rumour that SAPOL are going to announce details of a MAY in take soon.

Anyone else heard this or a similar rumour ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.