Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Obviously NOT a democracy here !!!

Obviously NOT a democracy here !!!

Old May 28th 2007, 10:27 pm
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future
Default Obviously NOT a democracy here !!!

I notice that you've decided to close the thread as YOU'D SAID ALL YOU WISHED TO ON THE MATTER ... what about others???

As defined in the English Thesaurus : Forum "Discussion, debate". Perhaps you should retitle the 'Discussion Forum' to something more suitable.

Leaving now ...
Old May 29th 2007, 12:08 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Obviously NOT a democracy here !!!

Originally Posted by A&M
I notice that you've decided to close the thread as YOU'D SAID ALL YOU WISHED TO ON THE MATTER ... what about others???

As defined in the English Thesaurus : Forum "Discussion, debate". Perhaps you should retitle the 'Discussion Forum' to something more suitable.

Leaving now ...
i think you are getting a little over excited by all this.
from another perspective, anyone who wants to find out about the police forum can do so easily, if they need to be provided a link as well i would say thats a little lazy of them.
this site has rules, abide by them, its that simple.
Old May 29th 2007, 11:32 pm
A&M
Forum Regular

A&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant futureA&M has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by rae
i think you are getting a little over excited by all this.
from another perspective, anyone who wants to find out about the police forum can do so easily, if they need to be provided a link as well i would say thats a little lazy of them.
this site has rules, abide by them, its that simple.

You asess incorrectly - I'm not getting a little excited by this - it would take more than pettiness to get me excited!

I agree that if one wishes to find the police forum that they could however, this site has indicated that the same forum spammed this one (can't think why they would) which is incorrect. Members from that same forum have now been banned from this site - again petty - for merely trying to clarify this matter.

I'm not breaking any rules - where is the rule that states that I can't post freely on a discussion forum? If you're referring to the 'rule' about spamming - is there a rule and if there is it applies to those who actively spam. Just a suggestion but if you correctly vetted your members as they sign up this would prevent any spamming.

The police forum in question who allegedly spammed this site has NEVER been the subject of spamming. Explain that!

This one's for the administrator - Sue, Mrs Muppett asked why did you apologise to her - she's not in the slightest perturbed that she's been banned - she's FAR too busy moderating on another forum.

And if you also choose to ban me too, never mind, I'm sure I'll get over it.
Old May 30th 2007, 2:40 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by A&M
You asess incorrectly - I'm not getting a little excited by this - it would take more than pettiness to get me excited!

I agree that if one wishes to find the police forum that they could however, this site has indicated that the same forum spammed this one (can't think why they would) which is incorrect. Members from that same forum have now been banned from this site - again petty - for merely trying to clarify this matter.

I'm not breaking any rules - where is the rule that states that I can't post freely on a discussion forum? If you're referring to the 'rule' about spamming - is there a rule and if there is it applies to those who actively spam. Just a suggestion but if you correctly vetted your members as they sign up this would prevent any spamming.

The police forum in question who allegedly spammed this site has NEVER been the subject of spamming. Explain that!

This one's for the administrator - Sue, Mrs Muppett asked why did you apologise to her - she's not in the slightest perturbed that she's been banned - she's FAR too busy moderating on another forum.

And if you also choose to ban me too, never mind, I'm sure I'll get over it.
hhmmm, this comeback seems to evidence the fact that you are getting worked up. she apologised possibly because shes a decent person and saw it as the correct thing to do. i am in no way affiliated to ex pats so won't be vetting anyone, anyway what do you suggest, send your fingerprints in?, you could be anyone on here surely thats obvious.
i would suggest rules on posting are mostly unwritten but blindingly obvious to most, racial, obnoxious, aggressive etc and clearly here if advertising a rival site.
clearly you think you have been hard done by, the moderator thinks they have acted correctly, i think nows the time to 'av it and move on.
i wouldn't mind but the police forum is rubbish compared to this one. all the best.
Old May 31st 2007, 7:23 am
A&M
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rae
hhmmm, this comeback seems to evidence the fact that you are getting worked up. she apologised possibly because shes a decent person and saw it as the correct thing to do. i am in no way affiliated to ex pats so won't be vetting anyone, anyway what do you suggest, send your fingerprints in?, you could be anyone on here surely thats obvious.
i would suggest rules on posting are mostly unwritten but blindingly obvious to most, racial, obnoxious, aggressive etc and clearly here if advertising a rival site.
clearly you think you have been hard done by, the moderator thinks they have acted correctly, i think nows the time to 'av it and move on.
i wouldn't mind but the police forum is rubbish compared to this one. all the best.
Whatever ....