Life after PACE!

Old Jun 8th 2007, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

mark937 is on a distinguished road
Default Life after PACE!

Thought I'd update everyone on life after the PACE programme!

19 weeks at the academy flew by. The only thing I can say re the academy is not to expect 5 star luxery! The course itself was ok, jumped through the hoops as requested. Got on well with the trainers who respected us for our previous policing experience. Getting all your fitness tests out of the way helps no end as you can then concentrate on the exams and assessments!

Don't go getting yourself worked u over exams - they want you to pass and will help you get through it! Everything your taught is whats in the exams so pay attention.

Firearms - completely new to me but coped well, have to say that plus the traffic were the most stressful parts of the course. More so because it was a lot packed into a couple of weeks.

Motivation? Ahhh you have down times during the 19 weeks so its important to try and keep motivated. The last 4 weeks were the worst cos we were so close to finishing!

Now.... well I have my FTO for support whilst on duty and have to complete my CER (competency evaluation review). Hopefully will exit out of that after 3 mths, though theres no hurry! Life at the station is pretty darn good! Work with a great crew with a great sense of humour! There are a few differences, paperwork - so much of it and the computer systems are dated, but I'm getting used to that.

Other than that pretty good! Good luck to all the rest of you going through the pace programme. Cheers Mark
Attached Thumbnails Life after PACE!-mark-alexworkinghard-.jpg  
Old Jun 11th 2007, 5:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Life after PACE!

Thanks for that, I'm hoping to start the course in September so its really good to hear for people who've done it!
Where are you based?
I've requested the Metro districts as my 1 and 2 and then areas around bris. I come from a busy city and dont think I could cope with a more rural post just yet!
Why was the traffic bit of the course stressful? Do you mean the traffic law or the driving course?
I also have no experience of firearms.
I'll be travelling to the academy every day rather than living in (if I get in!)
Should find out at the end of this month if I am in
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

mark937 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by jon and alex
Thanks for that, I'm hoping to start the course in September so its really good to hear for people who've done it!
Where are you based?
I've requested the Metro districts as my 1 and 2 and then areas around bris. I come from a busy city and dont think I could cope with a more rural post just yet!
Why was the traffic bit of the course stressful? Do you mean the traffic law or the driving course?
I also have no experience of firearms.
I'll be travelling to the academy every day rather than living in (if I get in!)
Should find out at the end of this month if I am in
Hi there, stationed at Noosa on the sunshine coast. Traffic was stressful purely cos of the amount of information (law) in such a short space of time (2 weeks). Driving side of it easy - fun actually! Firearms was also a laugh - just getting used to carrying one now. Good luck with it!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 12:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

jon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of lightjon and alex is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mark937
Hi there, stationed at Noosa on the sunshine coast. Traffic was stressful purely cos of the amount of information (law) in such a short space of time (2 weeks). Driving side of it easy - fun actually! Firearms was also a laugh - just getting used to carrying one now. Good luck with it!
Cheers mate - would've loved to have gone to Noosa but had to think of Alex's employment chances too!
Traffic isn't really my bag I have to say but when needs must and all that!!!