Nice to meet you!

Old Aug 25th 2007, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

nbrinham is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nice to meet you!

I'm a new member so be nice to me!

I am currently a Met officer working out of Lambeth with nine years service. My husband works at the same nick and has six years in the job. Basically, we are in much the same position as many of you in that we have a daughter and wish to improve our quality of life whilst we're still relatively young.

I see that the majority of threads centre around the actual process. To be honest, my main concern is the physical test. Do males and females have to meet the same standard e.g 80lb push/pull test and 100lb carry? Are the times for the obstacle course the same? If they are thats fine but it means that I'll have to really kick the ar*se out of the training!

I would like to hear more about the changes that the move has made to your quality of lives. Where you all live, outdoor living etc.

Our position is that I will apply for CPS and my husband intends on learning a skilled traded once over in Canada. Has anyone done this?

Lastly, all of the threads mention CPS. Has anyone applied for Vancouver or any other force?

Cheers

Natasha
Old Aug 25th 2007, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Nice to meet you!

Natasha,

The fitness test is the same for both males and females in all disciplines.

I'm afraid I can't tell you about the improvement to lifestyle as I have just received my PNP via CPS.

I think most people apply to either CPS or Edmonton (EPS) as they are currently running the PNP route.
I don't think Vancouver are doing the PNP route. You have to be a PR or citizen to apply (I stand to be corrected by someone with more knowledge about Vancouver).

Just shout if you need anymore information. There is another helpful site, think of a police forum and try get the rest of the site. Its got lots of useful info.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Jay
Old Nov 4th 2007, 6:52 pm
fortune favours the brave

poppy1 is just really nicepoppy1 is just really nicepoppy1 is just really nicepoppy1 is just really nicepoppy1 is just really nicepoppy1 is just really nicepoppy1 is just really nicepoppy1 is just really nice

Originally Posted by nbrinham

I am currently a Met officer working out of Lambeth with nine years service. My husband works at the same nick and has six years in the job. Basically, we are in much the same position as many of you in that we have a daughter and wish to improve our quality of life whilst we're still relatively young.

I see that the majority of threads centre around the actual process. To be honest, my main concern is the physical test. Do males and females have to meet the same standard e.g 80lb push/pull test and 100lb carry? Are the times for the obstacle course the same? If they are thats fine but it means that I'll have to really kick the ar*se out of the training!

I would like to hear more about the changes that the move has made to your quality of lives. Where you all live, outdoor living etc.

Our position is that I will apply for CPS and my husband intends on learning a skilled traded once over in Canada. Has anyone done this?

Lastly, all of the threads mention CPS. Has anyone applied for Vancouver or any other force?

Cheers

Natasha
Hi Natasha

just looking over other threads on this forum and noticed yours, just in case you haven't been made aware, the Calgary police service has increased the time allowed for the assult course and push pull(4:45), I am aware of a few more ladies now passing so if you havent already started the process, get on it and get out here.

Allan
Old Nov 4th 2007, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poppy1
Hi Natasha

just looking over other threads on this forum and noticed yours, just in case you haven't been made aware, the Calgary police service has increased the time allowed for the assult course and push pull(4:45), I am aware of a few more ladies now passing so if you havent already started the process, get on it and get out here.

Allan
Hi,

Applying to OPP here. I'm only able to do it because I'm already a Canadian citizen, but am applying from the UK.

Their tests are the same for male and female, but aren't as bad as people make out.

A lot harder than the UK though!!!
Old Nov 11th 2007, 5:08 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbrinham

Cheers

Natasha
hi, i'm currently working for EPS. i had 10yrs in GMP, and moved over in june this year, after around a 20mth process, from writing the exams, to actually landing, to give you a rough timescale, though there are people i know who have done it in 6mths or so less than this. on the physical, don't be lead to believe it is easy, or you'll be ok as you are experienced, it is not and you won't. an english cop was binned on the initial testing, and one on my course has just been backclassed due to being unable to complete the physical side of things. do lots of interval work, practice dips and pull ups, and do medium distance runs 5-8k at a reasonable pace at least 3 times a week.