Is anyone going alone?

Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

ZoeSW is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Is anyone going alone?

Hi,

I'm in the process of putting my application into Edmonton Police. I'm currently A PC in Essex. I'm 24 and I'm planning to do all this on my own. I have no family out there. I've done a lot of research into it so I know it's something I really want to do.

Is there anyone in the same boat as me?
A lot of people are going out there but with their families or already have families out there.

I'd love to hear from you
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is anyone going alone?

Originally Posted by ZoeSW
Hi,

I'm in the process of putting my application into Edmonton Police. I'm currently A PC in Essex. I'm 24 and I'm planning to do all this on my own. I have no family out there. I've done a lot of research into it so I know it's something I really want to do.

A lot of people are going out there but with their families or already have families out there.

Hi ZoeSW,

Sorry not going alone, but i wanted to say good for you and hats off for your brave decision and i wish you all the very best and much success.

Kind regards,
Tina
Old Sep 20th 2007, 5:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TinaH
Hi ZoeSW,

Sorry not going alone, but i wanted to say good for you and hats off for your brave decision and i wish you all the very best and much success.

Kind regards,
Tina
Thank you Tina, I appreciate that. Good Luck to you as well, I'm assuming you're off over there
Old Sep 20th 2007, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

dimples12 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi,

hoping to go to Victoria or Queensland Police from the Met.

how did you go about getting info from QPS and the application forms etc?
going to melbourne in april for a look. hoping to be able to talk to someone then!

any advice or help would be great.

and GOOD LUCK 2!!
Old Sep 20th 2007, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TinaH
Hi ZoeSW,

Kind regards,
Tina
Ditto !!

Best wishes

I'm sure there will be quite a few single peeps on any course - there are a few on my hubby's course at the moment (CPS). The training is tough, mentally, so I'm sure you will easily make some new mates, and you'll be surrounded by people in the same boat.
Old Sep 20th 2007, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by ann m
Ditto !!

Best wishes

I'm sure there will be quite a few single peeps on any course - there are a few on my hubby's course at the moment (CPS). The training is tough, mentally, so I'm sure you will easily make some new mates, and you'll be surrounded by people in the same boat.
That is reassuring to know, thank you.
These forums have been great for finding out things
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ZoeSW
Hi,

Hello!!!

I'm not in the Police, but I am single and thinking / planning to move to Canada.. Very scary indeed really, but something I really want to do. I'm Canadian but have lived far too long in the UK and returning I guess. Will be looking to move back to either Vancouver or Calgary - undecided at the minute. Originally I'm from Montreal.

I'm very excited as I said, scared sh*tless too I have to say, but don't want to regret not going.

I'm in recruitment, and hopefully as I don't have any form filling to do, moving back will be slightly easier for me.? I may be wrong!!!

Good Luck and keep in touch with how htings go, and hopefully you'll get there and have a ball - I'm hoping to!

B
Old Sep 21st 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bandit
Hello!!!

I'm not in the Police, but I am single and thinking / planning to move to Canada.. Very scary indeed really, but something I really want to do. I'm Canadian but have lived far too long in the UK and returning I guess. Will be looking to move back to either Vancouver or Calgary - undecided at the minute. Originally I'm from Montreal.

I'm very excited as I said, scared sh*tless too I have to say, but don't want to regret not going.

I'm in recruitment, and hopefully as I don't have any form filling to do, moving back will be slightly easier for me.? I may be wrong!!!

Good Luck and keep in touch with how htings go, and hopefully you'll get there and have a ball - I'm hoping to!

B
You must do it. Look at me, I'm taking the plunge!
You have the added bonus of being Canadian, if you don't like it then you can return. At least you can say you tried and then not think about 'what if'
What stage are you at?
I have been reassured by quite a few people now that I will meet people and enjoy my time out there.
Ditto, keep in touch and keep me updated

Regards Zoe
Old Sep 24th 2007, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

bandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond reputebandit has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Zoe

I guess I am really lucky that I can always come back here - and I wasn't going to sell my property for at least a year - that way keeping a bolt hole in the UK for a time (safety blanket and all that!!)

I'm at the stage where I'm just so excited - I just want to know all the information now - and not wait!!! I've had 2 people request my CV - but it's far to early to take that process onwards as any job offers will be gone by the time I'm set to leave?

Have you arranged a Recce trip? I haven't but suspect I'll need to do one around christmas time and then again in Spring - hoping to be back in Canada before the summer of 2008? When does summer start? I dont' even know that!!!!

KIT and PM me how you are getting on - or email me [email protected]

Bandit!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Benjy - Do you have, or have you obtained British citizenship? To repeat what many say, try and get that if you are eligible before making the big move!
Old Sep 24th 2007, 3:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Benjy - Do you have, or have you obtained British citizenship? To repeat what many say, try and get that if you are eligible before making the big move!
can't see a Benjy in the thread - did you mean me - Bandit?

I'm the holder of an Irish (EU) passport as well as Canadian, therefore should not have any probs returning - and my Canadian passport normally gets stamped - indefinate leave to remain in the UK!

but thanks - I won't be giving that up.
Old Sep 24th 2007, 4:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sorry bandit - yes you !!

Good stuff - just checking - you never know what's around the corner !
Old Sep 25th 2007, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry bandit - yes you !!

Good stuff - just checking - you never know what's around the corner !
Thanks for checking Ann!!

I'm also not going to sell my house for the first 12 months I'm over there as feel I may need that security if things weren't to work out. I'd never be able to get back on the property ladder again on my own!!!

B
Old Oct 17th 2007, 9:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Andthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant futureAndthen has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bandit
Thanks for checking Ann!!

I'm also not going to sell my house for the first 12 months I'm over there as feel I may need that security if things weren't to work out. I'd never be able to get back on the property ladder again on my own!!!

B
I'm going it alone, to either TPS or OPP.
Old Oct 31st 2007, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

Nik H is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Is anyone going alone?

Hello Zoe, I plan to go out to Canada by myself and join the Police. I've just applied to Calgary Police and have downloaded the form for Edmonton Police but not yet filled it in - MORE medicals, hearing tests, eyesight tests! I have served in the Police in the UK but am currently an Ambulance Technician in Scotland.

I've only ever lived abroad by myself in Europe before (Germany for 13 months) and can say it was very hard at first but that there were other people in the same boat as me and friendly locals as well, and it was fantastic in the end. I expect Canada to be at least as good and I think you should not worry about going there by yourself!

On the Calgary Police website, they said you should apply for your visa at the same time as applying for the job, but the visa costs $550! Can anyone tell me if it really is best to apply for this visa before you have any feedback about your application? It is a lot of money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.