British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

Neven Jan 28th 2020 11:14 am

Re: Frontex Border Guard

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797225)
Here is a theory. If they are staggering invites etc it could be the case that they might send a batch of them every Monday. So consider yourselves lucky if you haven't received one yet as you get more time down the road to prepare for the physical. Positive thinking!!!!!

Fully agree with you!

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 28th 2020 11:15 am

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797225)
Here is a theory. If they are staggering invites etc it could be the case that they might send a batch of them every Monday. So consider yourselves lucky if you haven't received one yet as you get more time down the road to prepare for the physical. Positive thinking!!!!!

I like your positive thinking buddy. Let's hope that's the case šŸ˜

Lenka01 Jan 28th 2020 11:27 am

Originally Posted by Fudokanconway (Post 12797231)
I like your positive thinking buddy. Let's hope that's the case šŸ˜

Well, I'm not so sure. Most probably they have sent the emails to those who they think are more suitable. Not everyone will probably make the English test cut. So if they feel they haven't many candidates who made it through the 1st cut they will invite more people to take it.
So, 2 conclusions. One we are not in the 1st batch of more desirable candidates. Second, this is an ongoing dynamic procedure. Therefore the reason they don't update the status of the procedure to "shortlisted candidates all invited to the English Test" is because it is ongoing to see how much of them make it to the next stage.

AntoU Jan 28th 2020 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by Lenka01 (Post 12797236)
Well, I'm not so sure. Most probably they have sent the emails to those who they think are more suitable. Not everyone will probably make the English test cut. So if they feel they haven't many candidates who made it through the 1st cut they will invite more people to take it.
So, 2 conclusions. One we are not in the 1st batch of more desirable candidates. Second, this is an ongoing dynamic procedure. Therefore the reason they don't update the status of the procedure to "shortlisted candidates all invited to the English Test" is because it is ongoing to see how much of them make it to the next stage.

I like your positive thinking guys! Really hope that all of this is related to the quite complex selection procedure....

gpiper Jan 28th 2020 12:44 pm

Originally Posted by IONUT (Post 12797124)
Hi everyone, i am Ionut from Romania. Yesterday i received my invitation email and few hours afterwards the link for the english test. Cant say it was easy, as an advice, take your time, pay attention and it will be ok. I was kinda in a hurry because i wasnt sure what is comming next and i finished it in 34 min with a 79.8% score. Pretty sure i could have done better. Anyway, in the email it says that they foresee the phisycal and the interview on the second week of february, on two consecutive days. These damn push ups are killing me, 31 seems like 310 for me. Good luck everyone.

Just out of curiosity do they tell you before you start the test what the pass mark is? Good luck from me as well with the rest of the process.

IONUT Jan 28th 2020 1:31 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797281)
Just out of curiosity do they tell you before you start the test what the pass mark is? Good luck from me as well with the rest of the process.

hi and thank you for your wishes. I cant recall exactly, but to pass the test you have to score 65%

Dozex Jan 28th 2020 2:37 pm

IONUT what position did you apply for?

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 2:52 pm

One question for those already invited.
I assume most of you have applied for more than one level as well. As you know the message doesn't state what level (basic, intermediate or advanced) you have been selected for.
Noticed my invitation has been send from an email address starting with the advanced level code - AD7.
Some of you applied for basic and intermediate.
I applied for intermed and advanced.
Q: Have you also received the message from an address corresponding to basic or intermediate FX code?

LorisL Jan 28th 2020 5:11 pm

Hi, everyone !
I have a question for those of you who have already been invited for English test... Can you offer us information about the date when you have submitted the applications? In my opinion this could be also very important as I think that they are inviting us also depending on the age of the application (and not only).
Thanks and good luck !

Antongo Jan 28th 2020 5:24 pm

Originally Posted by LorisL (Post 12797499)
Hi, everyone !
I have a question for those of you who have already been invited for English test... Can you offer us information about the date when you have submitted the applications? In my opinion this could be also very important as I think that they are inviting us also depending on the age of the application (and not only).
Thanks and good luck !

Iā€™ve submitted my application on 28th of october for AST4 (intermediate level) and recieved my confirmation e-mail this morning.

LorisL Jan 28th 2020 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by Antongo (Post 12797508)
Iā€™ve submitted my application on 28th of october for AST4 (intermediate level) and recieved my confirmation e-mail this morning.

Thanks for reply ! I've submitted mine on 10th of December (for intermediate and advanced) and I haven't received an invitation email yet...

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by Antongo (Post 12797508)

Thanks Antongo.
Also received the mail this morning.
Your confirmation email was sent from an email address starting with AST4
I assume?

Stanx Jan 28th 2020 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by LorisL (Post 12797516)
Thanks for reply ! I've submitted mine on 10th of December (for intermediate and advanced) and I haven't received an invitation email yet...

They haven't finished yet as I understood.
You will receive it.

LorisL Jan 28th 2020 5:57 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797533)
They haven't finished yet as I understood.
You will receive it.

Thanks! I hope I will šŸ˜‰

NewUser12 Jan 28th 2020 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797523)
Thanks Antongo.
Also received the mail this morning.
Your confirmation email was sent from an email address starting with AST4
I assume?

just a quick question. When you received an invitation email, was it addressed to ā€žDear Candidateā€ or ā€žDear ( your name)ā€. I assume if they address the email to your name that means they respond to everyone individually. It could be not just a case of sending a batch of emails. And it could make a sense. Sending individual emails to a few thousands canditates is really time consuming.

and another one :-)... how much time you got between completing the English test and travelling to Warsaw for the physical assessment??? If thatā€™s a week that could be quite difficult to book a time off from work, get plane tickets and travel there