British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

Alissi Jan 29th 2020 1:52 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

I’ve received the same answer, though more elaborate...”successful candidates will be notified at different times regarding the status of their applications, as the recruitment process takes place in stages. The screening of applications is still ongoing.”
Still they don’t mention anything about the ending date for sending these notifications...

AntoU Jan 29th 2020 4:24 pm

Originally Posted by gpiper (Post 12797923)
I have just received a reply from Frontex regarding the emails about english tests and when they expect the process to be concluded.

"Hi, please be patient. We will still be sending emails over the next couple of days. Regards"

Stay positive people. Your email has just not arrived yet!!!!

Good to know gpiper. I have sent my appllication in December and may be possible that they are still processing in stages the vast amount of candidatures received. I am still optimistic for a shortcoming invitation email.....

TheoK Jan 29th 2020 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12797874)
Submitted my application on the 7th of November. Received the letter and the link for the online Eng test yesterday. I'm also sure there will be more emails to be received.

Agree! I had also submitted my applications early November and I received the link yesterday!

VasiRo Jan 29th 2020 7:19 pm

I applied pretty late, so i'm still hoping.
A historic night for EU tonight, the European Parliament approved the Brexit agreement.
Really sad to see the UK go (people tend to forget what Britain meant for Europe and really the world in the last couple hundred years), but the future Frontex Border Guards will have a huge role in strengthening the EU security and make sure that no other country will have reasons to think that it's better of outside the union.
Cheers to that!

Mihai Jan 29th 2020 9:07 pm

Good luck to everyone!

NewUser12 Jan 30th 2020 9:38 am

Looks like HR having a day off today ;-) no emails so far. Tomorrow is Friday fun day so it looks like they will carry on from Monday again ;-)

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 30th 2020 9:40 am

Yeah hopefully Monday it continues.

LorisL Jan 30th 2020 10:08 am

I think that this answer sent by Frontex today is helpful for all of us, so do not bother them anymore with the same questions, while de screening process is ongoing, I'm gonna put their answer here :
"... Please be informed that the English test is an online one and therefore you will be able to take it regardless of your current location. However, please find the necessary technical requirements for the test below: You will need a computer or smart device (tablet or phone) connected to the Internet with:
– functional front-facing camera
– headphones (for the Listening exam)
– microphone (for the Speaking exam)

The test is taken through the web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Safari or Edge), No special software installation is needed, you will be only asked to allow the access to your device microphone and camera.
Before the test starts, you will be able to check your technical capabilities.
With regards to the physical aptitude tests, please note that they will take place in Warsaw. Candidates who succeed in these tests will be invited for an interview which will take place the day after the physical aptitude tests.
Please note that as applications are currently being screened, shortlisted candidates will not receive the invitations for the English test and the subsequent procedures (if successful in the English test) at the same time. Please also be informed that invitations for the English test (and the for the subsequent physical aptitude tests and interviews) may be sent out until as late as mid-March
..."

Stanx Jan 31st 2020 2:12 pm

Hello everyone,
It's so quiet here....:-)
How are your English tests going?
Wishing you all good luck once more!

GCamich Jan 31st 2020 2:41 pm

Hi guys!
A spanish Civil Guard here, I have over 10 years experience in the law enforcement sector and I sent the application 5 days before the end so I´m still waiting until mid-March as they said.
Patience and Intention, the best for you all.

scrubbedexpat092 Jan 31st 2020 3:03 pm

Welcome to the forum.

bxpuser9847562957 Jan 31st 2020 3:58 pm

Originally Posted by Stanx (Post 12794889)
Tell me about it!...
But I'm sure we'll get there. Good luck. Started the beep test last week. Both speed and endurance achievable within my age group.
I'm wondering if they will allow clapping hands push-ups?
What do you think?
:-)

Do you guys use any specific app for the beep test? There are several variations and I do not which one to use! Gluck to all!

NewUser12 Jan 31st 2020 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by steliospk (Post 12799290)
Do you guys use any specific app for the beep test? There are several variations and I do not which one to use! Gluck to all!

I am using the one available on youtube

I would say that the physical tests are not easy in my opinion if you do not train on a regular basis. I achieved pretty much everything within the limits but I have some training background so wasn’t that hard. Not sure what sort of technique they expect us to maintain while doing press ups and sit ups. If you got a feet support for sit ups that’s fair enough but if not that’s gonna be a bit difficult. The same with press ups. The proper ones should be with your bum and back kept in a line plus you should be facing forward not down. But the same there is not much details of standards they want us to keep. What you reckon guys???

bxpuser9847562957 Jan 31st 2020 8:39 pm

I am totally into you mate! The physical tests are quite difficult for non trained people. Since there is no information about the way the sit ups and push ups will be done, I expect the common case scenario. Sit ups with a feet support and push ups with someone else's elbow below so that you touch him each time you bend. That's what happens to every military academy. Hope that helps!

george loizos Feb 1st 2020 8:07 am

Have started email or not yet.