EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Jan 17th 2011, 1:23 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Exclamation Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hi all.

I passed with EPS last year, but despite having the background checks, it was a tad too late. EPS pulled the plug on the AINP.
one of the chaps I met out there starts with EPS in May this year. sadly for me, I wont be recruited.
Unless anyone hear's direct, I believe the international recruiting campaign is dead and buried. Not nice, but we're stuck with it.
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

gpiper is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by StuArc
Hi all.

I passed with EPS last year, but despite having the background checks, it was a tad too late. EPS pulled the plug on the AINP.
one of the chaps I met out there starts with EPS in May this year. sadly for me, I wont be recruited.
Unless anyone hear's direct, I believe the international recruiting campaign is dead and buried. Not nice, but we're stuck with it.

I have recently started researching into moving to Canada and believe EPS will be the best choice. Stuarc and the rest thanks for all your info. It is invaluable. I'm planning a reccie maybe this January and then spring/summer to see both weather types. I'm a Met police officer for about 3 years and before that I was a PCSO for another 3 years. The international option does seem a little bit dead now but one can only hope. I wouldn't even mind starting from the bottom of the payscale if that's what it would take. Anyone knows any ppl already there I could contact when I'm in Canada to possibly go out on patrol with them and see what the nature of the police work is there? StuArc when can I buy you lunch so I can pretty much squeeze you dry of all your info from your experience during the application process?
Old Apr 28th 2011, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

gpiper is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't believe you can't PM someone until after you have made 3 posts. Oh well this is post no 2. I wanna ask a few questions to agent Smith and see what I can do to prepare myself better during the hopefully short waiting period.
Old Apr 29th 2011, 8:43 am
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

gpiper. nice to read your sentiments and aspirations on joining EPS. my trip there was invaluable and i can honestly say, a better copper for the experience. if anything, my perception of officer safety.has increased considerably
please feel fsee to email me. I'm not an expert, but will discuss my experience. [email protected]
Old Apr 29th 2011, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

neolight90 is an unknown quantity at this point

Stu are you still on hold?
Old Apr 30th 2011, 10:37 am
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by neolight90
Stu are you still on hold?
He is at the same stage as me - not on hold, just deferred!

Should it ever come out again we would have to do everything again albeit worth it though (in my opinion).
Old Apr 30th 2011, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
He is at the same stage as me - not on hold, just deferred!

Should it ever come out again we would have to do everything again albeit worth it though (in my opinion).
TOTALLY AGREE AshG. Nigel has just passed out and LES commences training in MAy this year.

Gutted it's not me, but then such matters are beyond my control.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

GPiper

As others have said the international recruiting has been closed. Who knows if and when it will start again.

If I was you I would look at the potential ways you are able to gain Permanent Residency. If you can then obtain that you can apply like everyone else.

Tim
Old May 1st 2011, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tim010
GPiper

As others have said the international recruiting has been closed. Who knows if and when it will start again.

If I was you I would look at the potential ways you are able to gain Permanent Residency. If you can then obtain that you can apply like everyone else.

Tim
Tim. How the devil are you? How's it going out there? Any start date yet?
Old Oct 15th 2011, 8:57 pm
Live life to the full

treacle1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Been ages since i was last on and good to see a few made it, and unhappy to see a few never. Stick at it those few and please keep us all informed.
Well just an update about myself now. Had second baby, looked into PR in Canada via other means and lots of emigration show visits but no luck. Passed police app test in UK and got kicked due to cut backs, i can laugh about it now. I'll let you know where i go from here since I'm never one to lay down. Damm you EPS your missing out on one pro-active dude.

Hi to the usual people, Good luck to those still waiting, and keep at it and realise the dream to those just about to apply.

Cheers and take care.

Treacle