EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old Oct 27th 2009, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hi all,

See Calgary have had a 10.25% pay rise, any news on EPS yet guys?

Nige
Old Oct 27th 2009, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by tim010
In regards to the AINP paperwork can someone confirm that I do not need to send all the proof I have of common law partnership with this? I am led to believe I send this evidence off with the CIC application.

The instructions do not state that I need to send proof with the AINP papers but I don't want to leave anything to chance. I have made a few queries on here and just wanted some reassurance that I do not need to send the proof off with the AINP application.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
I think I have answered my question as I called the AINP office today and spoke to someone there to confirm what paperwork they need in relation to prove a common law relationship.

They basically said to submit all the copies of evidence in relation to the common law partnership. I had already prepared this so will simply add it to the application. The lady said that after they receive the forms if they need further evidence or have any queries they will make contact with me anyway.

Thanks to myself!

Tim
Old Oct 29th 2009, 10:31 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Tim - Me and Kelly just live together.

What paperwork would i/we need then?
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by StuArc
Tim - Me and Kelly just live together.

What paperwork would i/we need then?
PM sent with what I provided.

Tim
Old Oct 29th 2009, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

cheers mate. And see my reply
Old Oct 30th 2009, 5:53 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nige1521
Hi all,

See Calgary have had a 10.25% pay rise, any news on EPS yet guys?

Nige
still negotiating on 6.1% with back pay to sometime in 2008, which will be nice if we get it. they got more in calgary to try and make them feel better about not being in EPS.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:21 pm
Just Joined

Elementary is an unknown quantity at this point

Evening all (not in a Dixon-esque way)

I'm new to the site and I've just started working my way through the forum after it was recommended by Stewie. So far it's been an extremely useful tool - just about every question I've been mulling over seems to be answered on here somewhere and there's a lot to take in. But I've also managed to scare myself silly by reading all about the process I'll be facing in a few weeks. I thought I was pretty well prepared (I've had to postpone my visit twice due to a shoulder op from an RTC at work so it's been a long time coming) and of an adequate level of education & fitness etc to give the selection week a good crack.

But now I'm panicking. I've already signed up to PolicePrep and am scoring well enough on the APCAT and ACT sample exams (which I now realise are still easier than the actual exams I'll be facing on 21st November. Still, forewarned is forearmed!) I'm also busy thinking of examples in readiness for the BDI but I suspect I've fallen into the trap of considering the PARE rather easier than the reality, based - up until now - on the EPS video. I play rugby weekly (when the bosses will allow me time off) and make use of the weights at work. But my 8 minute mile (I normally run a 3 mile circuit) is now looking pretty woeful. Time to hit the flights of stairs big time methinks.

Aside from the dread I'm now experiencing one area I could do with some confirmation on is a written exam that takes place between the ACT and APCAT. I read somewhere that this is a 400-word autobiography (which, I take as 400 words on your life history), but I've also seen that it could be an essay on a totally random subject. Can any recent applicants confirm what they had to write about? And tell me that the whole process is a stroll in the park and nothing to worry about? (okay - the last request is pushing things a bit far!)

Thanks in anticipation
Andy
Notts
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Elementary
Evening all (not in a Dixon-esque way)

I'm new to the site and I've just started working my way through the forum after it was recommended by Stewie. So far it's been an extremely useful tool - just about every question I've been mulling over seems to be answered on here somewhere and there's a lot to take in. But I've also managed to scare myself silly by reading all about the process I'll be facing in a few weeks. I thought I was pretty well prepared (I've had to postpone my visit twice due to a shoulder op from an RTC at work so it's been a long time coming) and of an adequate level of education & fitness etc to give the selection week a good crack.

But now I'm panicking. I've already signed up to PolicePrep and am scoring well enough on the APCAT and ACT sample exams (which I now realise are still easier than the actual exams I'll be facing on 21st November. Still, forewarned is forearmed!) I'm also busy thinking of examples in readiness for the BDI but I suspect I've fallen into the trap of considering the PARE rather easier than the reality, based - up until now - on the EPS video. I play rugby weekly (when the bosses will allow me time off) and make use of the weights at work. But my 8 minute mile (I normally run a 3 mile circuit) is now looking pretty woeful. Time to hit the flights of stairs big time methinks.

Aside from the dread I'm now experiencing one area I could do with some confirmation on is a written exam that takes place between the ACT and APCAT. I read somewhere that this is a 400-word autobiography (which, I take as 400 words on your life history), but I've also seen that it could be an essay on a totally random subject. Can any recent applicants confirm what they had to write about? And tell me that the whole process is a stroll in the park and nothing to worry about? (okay - the last request is pushing things a bit far!)

Thanks in anticipation
Andy
Notts
The autobiography is done once you have written both exams and are awaiting the results (I havent heard of an essay but thats not to say it doesnt exist).

Its a simple thing with a few rules to follow (double spaced lines etc) - the amount of people that had to keep redoing it tho because they didnt double space was amazing!

And yes, the whole process is a walk in the park - a long, stressfull and hard walk!
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Hi I'm Les,

I have applied to join the EPS. I was out there in July with Stu, doing all the testing, I got the email on the 26th offering me employment pennding the immigration. Just going through the paperwork now, if anyone can offer any advice or highlight any pit falls when filling in the paperwork I would appreciate it.

Hopefully I'll be out there with my partner, Sara, sometime next year. Look forward to hearing from anyone who is using this site.

Les.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ashleyg
The autobiography is done once you have written both exams and are awaiting the results (I havent heard of an essay but thats not to say it doesnt exist).

Its a simple thing with a few rules to follow (double spaced lines etc) - the amount of people that had to keep redoing it tho because they didnt double space was amazing!

And yes, the whole process is a walk in the park - a long, stressfull and hard walk!
Andy,

re the 400 words, I don't think I did 400, from what I remember you get a set amount of paper, I think its four sheets and due to the fact that you double space your writing you end up filling it pretty quickly so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Just take everything else one step at a time and good luck.
Old Oct 30th 2009, 7:40 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by arabian77
Hi I'm Les,

I have applied to join the EPS. I was out there in July with Stu, doing all the testing, I got the email on the 26th offering me employment pennding the immigration. Just going through the paperwork now, if anyone can offer any advice or highlight any pit falls when filling in the paperwork I would appreciate it.

Hopefully I'll be out there with my partner, Sara, sometime next year. Look forward to hearing from anyone who is using this site.

Les.
its been a while so not much help on the paperwork, but generally do not use anything other than a courier (UPS) to send your doc's through to canada house, the number of people who used royal mail and were screwed is ridiculous, and no it does not matter that its registered. use a courier, track the envelope and its delivery is assured and traceable.
Old Oct 31st 2009, 4:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rae
its been a while so not much help on the paperwork, but generally do not use anything other than a courier (UPS) to send your doc's through to canada house, the number of people who used royal mail and were screwed is ridiculous, and no it does not matter that its registered. use a courier, track the envelope and its delivery is assured and traceable.
Reference the last I sent off my AINP paperwork on Wednesday afternoon via DHL and it arrived at the EPS Recruiting Office on Friday afternoon. Fully trackable throughout the journey and it cost me a very reasonable £24.95.

Tim
Old Oct 31st 2009, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Elementary is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by arabian77
Andy,

re the 400 words, I don't think I did 400, from what I remember you get a set amount of paper, I think its four sheets and due to the fact that you double space your writing you end up filling it pretty quickly so I wouldn't worry about that too much. Just take everything else one step at a time and good luck.
Les, Ashley

Many thanks for clarifying the essay situation - it sounds like it might be one element of the selection process I need not stress too much about!

Andy
Old Oct 31st 2009, 10:57 pm
rae
Settled.

Originally Posted by tim010
Reference the last I sent off my AINP paperwork on Wednesday afternoon via DHL and it arrived at the EPS Recruiting Office on Friday afternoon. Fully trackable throughout the journey and it cost me a very reasonable £24.95.

Tim
very wise, the initial reference though was for the UK visa app's to canada house london, just in case there is any confusion.
Old Nov 4th 2009, 6:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Cheers all. i'll use UPS in the future as R.M don't seem to be the most reliable at the moment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.