EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old May 3rd 2010, 11:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by sulley
Hope everyone is doing well.

I was planning on visiting in October with the OH, but we've changed it to May '11, I was a bit over enthusiastic with booking the holiday and didn't do the maths properly.

Anyhoo, a quick question to those in the know. What is the position on tattoos on the forearm of an applicant? The OH has mentioned paying for my new tat for my birthday, I was going to have it on my forearm, but will change it if they aren't allowed.

I'm going to do the recce visit and then if we like what we both see I'll be putting in the application. I know they've frozen recruitment for now but am happy to wait.

Cheers

Steve
You are allowed tattoos on your forearms but during the 21 weeks basic training you will be required to cover them up with a pressure bandage or similar. After that you can wear them for all to see.
Mine are often a diffuser as the people I am dealing with want to talk about them and forget why you were there in the first place, coupled with the English accent, works a treat!
Old May 4th 2010, 2:41 pm
Wish I was elsewhere!

sulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant futuresulley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
You are allowed tattoos on your forearms but during the 21 weeks basic training you will be required to cover them up with a pressure bandage or similar. After that you can wear them for all to see.
Mine are often a diffuser as the people I am dealing with want to talk about them and forget why you were there in the first place, coupled with the English accent, works a treat!

Thanks for the reply. Guess I know what my birthday present is going to be!

I heard it was snowing last week, hope it wasn't too bad
Old May 5th 2010, 2:33 am
Just Joined

Brickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by sulley
Thanks for the reply. Guess I know what my birthday present is going to be!

I heard it was snowing last week, hope it wasn't too bad
4 inches of snow fell and settled here in South West Edmonton this morning after a night of high wind, rain and hail.

M
Old May 18th 2010, 12:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

alcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nicealcat2010 is just really nice

Hi all,

Ive not been on here in a while (due to my application to EPS being put on hold / no doubt like alot on here)

My current question is though.....

Is there any 1 here been given a place on the recruit intake 'IN THE FALL'.....
the one that is stated on the EPS webpage?

Or how many have been over to Edmonton and went through recruitment process and have now been left in limbo?... (not to mention out of pocket )

Although my wife and I have been kept occupied lately preparing for our 1st baby, it would be good to hear of some positive news in terms of our applications?...
Old May 18th 2010, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi all,

Ive not been on here in a while (due to my application to EPS being put on hold / no doubt like alot on here)

Or how many have been over to Edmonton and went through recruitment process and have now been left in limbo?... (not to mention out of pocket )

Although my wife and I have been kept occupied lately preparing for our 1st baby, it would be good to hear of some positive news in terms of our applications?...
Alcat

Myself and two others I know on here are waiting to start in the Fall class and it has been indicated that the class is likely to be in November. I was told by recruiting there are about 12 Brits in total waiting to start in this class.

I know there have been a few on here who did the tests and then had their applications suspended. This is all covered previously on this thread so I can't tell you anymore than this thread can

Tim
Old May 18th 2010, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Alcat,

I'm on the fall course, just waitng for the actual date, before moving across.

Regards

Nige
Old May 18th 2010, 7:56 pm
Forum Regular

arabian77 is on a distinguished road

Alcat,

I am also on the fall course. Just waiting on passport requests.

Arabian
Old May 28th 2010, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future

Hi All,

Best wishes to those who start in the fall with EPS. Very best of luck and hope your newlives there goes swimmingly.

I had a reply from the Assistant Chief of EPS, in response to the one I sent to Chief BOYD.
It stated that my commitment is recognised and I may be contacted in 2011, pending further recruitment.

As to how I stand with all the testing, I'll wait to see on that one.

Keep in touch and again, best regards Tim, Nige and Arabian
Old May 28th 2010, 8:15 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by alcat2010
Hi all,

Congrats ALCAT on the birth of your baby. Haven't been on here for some time, as I have been upto my monacle with our 9month old!
Hope all is well. My application was suspended too, so please feel free to PM or email me.
Old May 29th 2010, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

tim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant futuretim010 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by StuArc
Hi All,

Best wishes to those who start in the fall with EPS. Very best of luck and hope your newlives there goes swimmingly.

I had a reply from the Assistant Chief of EPS, in response to the one I sent to Chief BOYD.
It stated that my commitment is recognised and I may be contacted in 2011, pending further recruitment.

As to how I stand with all the testing, I'll wait to see on that one.

Keep in touch and again, best regards Tim, Nige and Arabian
Stu

Good to hear from you again. That's promising that they acknowledged you and may get in touch in 2011.

Tim
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 7:08 am
Just Joined

HP409 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Shane,

My application is still on file, due to the current pause in the recruitment campaign. I completed all of the required paperwork and sent this in i.e eye tests IQAS etc. This is to save time when/if recruitment starts up again.

The recruitment team have been really helpful and they dont waste any time once you start the ball rolling.

If you have any questions give me a shout

Cheers

H
Old Jul 18th 2010, 9:44 pm
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Hi All,

My first time on here since May, owing to a multitude of personal matters and time constraints.
Hope all the regular posters are in good spirits and have some good news to speak to of.

After much speculation and hypotheses as to EPS current recruiting climate, I sent a few emails to my F.M asking for some clarity on the matter.
To provide the overall conclusion I will explain thus. EPS have no intention of further recruiting internationally, at this time. further, they cannot foresee a change of policy in this regard.
As for me, my file (and test results) expire this summer. Should EPS change their decision, I would need to reapply, but with my P.R visa.
So, I am no longer one of those waiting for a start or hope of 2011 class.

Any questions, please email me
Old Jul 20th 2010, 5:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

For anyone that's interested the JoinEPS website has now been updated to confirm the next class date of 22nd Nov 2010. I know this has been unofficially known for a month or so but it is now confirmed on the website.

Tim
Old Jul 20th 2010, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Question Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Good to hear that the November class has now been officially released Tim. Any indication if you are on it?
Old Aug 14th 2010, 1:52 am
Just Joined

bigchief is an unknown quantity at this point

I am looking to send off my resume to be held on file. Is there any point paying out at this stage for IQAS, eye tests, etc or is it best to wait and see if there is to be any movement with recruitment
K

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.