Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

CPS Recruitment training fitness

CPS Recruitment training fitness

Old Sep 15th 2009, 1:28 pm

LFC1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CPS Recruitment training fitness

Can anyone enlighten me as to what fitness training is done whilst on the 21 week course for CPS? And how often per week? Just so that I can tailor my fitness before I eventually land!!!
Old Sep 17th 2009, 11:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CPS Recruitment training fitness

It has no doubt changed since 2007, but hubby did the 23 week course and there was some kind of fitness on three or four days of the week. But this might include SCT - in which case if you did that all week, there was rarely anything else. Other weeks - lots However, he never reported anything too horrendous, nor any real beastings!
Old Sep 18th 2009, 10:33 am

LFC1977 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply Ann, how did your hubby go on with the length of the course coming from his background?
Old Sep 18th 2009, 9:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

It was a bit gutty in all honesty - no two ways about it!

Head down, keep quiet and just get on with it.

Good way to meet and integrate with new colleagues.

Nice bunch of people.

Some parts of training excellent, and some - well, not so much.

Everyone has differing opinions anyway and the Brits will still moan no matter where they are in the world

Good salary for 8-4 week-day lifestyle.

Hubby loved the PT stuff best actually.

Firearms - good, competent and well taught.

Driving - er, basic.

Law input - inadequate with regards to what you can actually use on the streets.

SCT - let's just say some love it and some don't. Be very careful, not foolish and don't get injured.

Gotta run - anything else, just holler !