Police Canada?

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

ant_27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Police Canada?

Hi Im brand new to this site and having looked at some of the reports on people who have transferred to Canada I am already having second thoughts!!
Can anyone advise me on what steps I need to take in order to apply to one of the Canadian police forces? When is the recruitment process? Where does it take place? How do I request an application form? Where do I find out the entrance requirements? Just a few things I would like to know.
Like I said this is the first post I have made and I would like to know the answers to these questions. If anyone could advise me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ant
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 4:34 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Police Canada?

Originally Posted by ant_27
Hi Im brand new to this site and having looked at some of the reports on people who have transferred to Canada I am already having second thoughts!!
Can anyone advise me on what steps I need to take in order to apply to one of the Canadian police forces? When is the recruitment process? Where does it take place? How do I request an application form? Where do I find out the entrance requirements? Just a few things I would like to know.
Like I said this is the first post I have made and I would like to know the answers to these questions. If anyone could advise me it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Ant
do not let anyone anywhere put you off, just allow the posts/advice on here to assist your information gathering. then come for a visit and research first hand, you really cannot/should not make a decision without coming over.

below are some links, though if you really are interested you need to sit down for several hours and do some serious searching on this sites search engine and other sites like wikki on info of the cities, population, culture, canada stats for houses, crime, education, look at banks for mortgages, check out MLS.ca the house search engine or type in realtors (estate agents) edmonton or wherever and this will give you an idea.

http://www.edmontonpolice.ca/joineps.aspx

http://www.calgarypolice.ca/

http://www.lethbridgepolice.ca/
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Do the Lethbridge Regional Police recruit officers internationally?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

The Drystone Cowboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
Do the Lethbridge Regional Police recruit officers internationally?
No unfortunately... the nearest would be Calgary
Old Sep 21st 2009, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

ExMetCop is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not be put off! I am loving it!