Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

CPS/EPS Education Standards

CPS/EPS Education Standards

Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:20 pm
Just Joined

simlam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CPS/EPS Education Standards

Hi,

I am a police officer currently serving with West Mercia Constabulary, I have 8 years service. I left school when I was 16 and have a few GCSE's, my question is am I going to struggle to meet the education requirements for CPS or EPS as they state that you need to have complete 12th Grade? Has anyone else been successful at getting in with little or no qualifications prior to joining the police?

Thanks
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CPS/EPS Education Standards

Originally Posted by simlam
Hi,

I am a police officer currently serving with West Mercia Constabulary, I have 8 years service. I left school when I was 16 and have a few GCSE's, my question is am I going to struggle to meet the education requirements for CPS or EPS as they state that you need to have complete 12th Grade? Has anyone else been successful at getting in with little or no qualifications prior to joining the police?

Thanks
Hi,

I think that if you did full time school right through to completing GCSE's that is covered.

On CPS specifically for UK officers this is what it states;
Preferred qualifications

* Minimum of two years post secondary education and/or consistent employment history.
* Volunteer experience in the community.
* Work experience involving a position of responsibility and trust.
* Duties that involve significant interaction with the public.
* Applied knowledge of computers including but not limited to Windows, Word, Outlook, etc. and basic keyboarding skills.

this is from this page with more info http://www.calgarypolice.ca/recruiti..._standards.htm

Hope that helps

Tina
Old Oct 4th 2007, 1:34 pm
Banned

Helen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud ofHelen Parnell has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by simlam
Hi,

Thanks
12th grade is like leaving school at 18. But like the above posts says most forces accept continuous job training. I did the police test for the cps and I have o levels and 1 a level and I passed ok.
Old Oct 4th 2007, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

And, to be honest, all the bloomin' courses you have completed since becoming a police officer go some way to proving your 'education' too ! I'm sure you would be fine.

(CPS, CPS, CPS - is that subliminal enough? )