application to CPS

Old Aug 18th 2007, 3:20 pm
Forum Regular

rodders5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default application to CPS

hi guys,
have filled out application forms, in my force we do yearly first aid/cpr training but don't get certificate to show this. Has any one had the same problem that have no certificate to submit?? how did you get round this??
I have already looked at doing st johns course but they arn't running another near me for month or so.
DOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
any one help???
cheers
adam
Old Aug 18th 2007, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough
Default Re: application to CPS

Adam,

I don't think that will be a problem.
I would suggest getting the trainer for first aid to send you an e-mail or write a letter on Force headed paper confirming that you have completed 1st Aid and the date completed.
While you are at it, get him to include a copy of the course content to prove that you covered baby/infant CPR as CPS asked me to prove this.
If you have any problems, then phone the recruiters and chat to them, they will talk you through any concerns.
Good Luck with the process.
Jay
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:25 am
Forum Regular

TinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond reputeTinaH has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: application to CPS

Originally Posted by rodders5
hi guys,
have filled out application forms, in my force we do yearly first aid/cpr training but don't get certificate to show this. Has any one had the same problem that have no certificate to submit?? how did you get round this??
I have already looked at doing st johns course but they arn't running another near me for month or so.
DOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!
any one help???
cheers
adam
Hi Rodders5,

My husband has been through the whole process of recruitment to job offer pnp etc ( having our medicals 29th Aug) he has'nt got his first aid even as yet ( his force here doesn't do it as standard and they were supposed to be setting it all up back in Nov last year 06 - it still hasn't happened!) we were told that providing you have it when you actually start work with CPS thats okay - at this rate he will be doing it out in Calgary privately!

as other poster just have a word with your file manager/contact at cps

good luck with everything any other questions as you go along feel free to pm us

Kind regards,

Tina & John