vettasses prac test

Old Feb 3rd 2008, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default vettasses prac test

hello all, has anyone actually done it yet. any info would be good.
john
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice
Default Re: vettasses prac test

Originally Posted by johnknight001
hello all, has anyone actually done it yet. any info would be good.
john
I'll second that.

It would be very interesting to hear from people who have been through it and to share their experience.

Simon
Old Feb 6th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

Jackandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: vettasses prac test

Hi,
I am a fully qualified plumber aged 44, looking to hear from anyone who has or is going through the practical test.
Thinking of moving to Brisbane with my family, anyone give me some idea on lifestyle there would be great.
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:10 pm
OH is STILL undecided grr

Racht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond reputeRacht70 has a reputation beyond repute

Does every plumber have to take this flippin' test?
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:37 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

YES all plumbers have to complete the prac test, it is a pain but if thats what is required then thats what we do.
Not sure if anyone has actually done the plumbing one yet but i no most other trades have, do a search on the test and look at the threads for info.
john
Old Feb 12th 2008, 9:51 am
Just Joined

nick carter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jackandy
Hi,
I am a fully qualified plumber aged 44, looking to hear from anyone who has or is going through the practical test.
Thinking of moving to Brisbane with my family, anyone give me some idea on lifestyle there would be great.
hi mate i am also 44 and wanting to move to perth, time is short for us though as the practical test has to be done before visa can be lodged have just received all the paper work for it and it looks pretty difficult and finding evidence of everything i have done will be fun. seems as though 25 years of experience is not enough ! good luck to you
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nick carter
hi mate i am also 44 and wanting to move to perth, time is short for us though as the practical test has to be done before visa can be lodged have just received all the paper work for it and it looks pretty difficult and finding evidence of everything i have done will be fun. seems as though 25 years of experience is not enough ! good luck to you
Hi Nick,

I have just got all the onfo needed to apply for a visa, now i just need to action and start the process. My wife looked at pom in Oz web and she has seen an advertisement there wanting plumbers up to the age of 50, if successful they will get permanent residency. Seems like another option maybe? We are looking at Brisbane. Seems the whole process does take about a year, so good luck mate.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:56 pm
Just Joined

nick carter is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jackandy
Hi Nick,

I have just got all the onfo needed to apply for a visa, now i just need to action and start the process. My wife looked at pom in Oz web and she has seen an advertisement there wanting plumbers up to the age of 50, if successful they will get permanent residency. Seems like another option maybe? We are looking at Brisbane. Seems the whole process does take about a year, so good luck mate.
hi yes i have now got all paperwork and filling out forms, never seen so many also a bit worried cause they talk about irrigation and sprinkler systems which i have never fitted so i will have to wait and see if i get in , my brother in law went 2 years ago with no qualifications just experience so i should have done it a while ago. If you could let me have the web site your wife saw that would be great, many thanks nick
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:44 pm
Just Joined

hi yes i have now got all paperwork and filling out forms, never seen so many also a bit worried cause they talk about irrigation and sprinkler systems which i have never fitted so i will have to wait and see if i get in , my brother in law went 2 years ago with no qualifications just experience so i should have done it a while ago. If you could let me have the web site your wife saw that would be great, many thanks nick
Hi Nick, The adress is [email protected] hope you, find what you are looking for. Let me know how you get on. Likewise will let you know of any info i find.
Cheers Andy
Old Feb 12th 2008, 7:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

sorry to but in to your thread, i have looked at the plumbers position on ********, it looks like an investment job, ie buy a franchise! at least thats the way it looked, hope im wrong.
john
Old Feb 12th 2008, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

sorry to but in to your thread, i have looked at the plumbers position on ********, it looks like an investment job, ie buy a franchise! at least thats the way it looked, hope im wrong.
john
Hi Johnknight,

Dont mind at all, looking in, thats what this is site is all about, helping and giving info and advice that will help. I will be careful when looking into this.

Cheers Andy
Old Feb 24th 2008, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

susan m is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, have just read your comments, I have been a plumber/gas fitter in the uk for 14 years and have always been working on new build home. I have all my qualifications but by the looks of things I may still have to sit a test, can you tell me if this part is part of the visa app, ie do they send it to you or do you have to research this yourself,

I take it that I would not be able to work straight away as a plumber without this test or would a provisional lic be ok to start with.

any help appreciated. cheers, ian

Last edited by susan m; Feb 24th 2008 at 6:46 pm. Reason: adding info
Old Feb 24th 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

hi
as a plumber going to aus you would be required to sit a skills test before applying for your visa, this is based on 3 parts. a self assesment (this is free), you then submit a app form with evidence( this can take a while to get together and there is a charge). finaly if they think you are ok to procede you sit a two day skills assesment(again there is a charge). then you apply for visa. I think this is all correct. the web site with all info is www.vetassess.com.au.
hope this helps!!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:49 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

hi
as a plumber going to aus you would be required to sit a skills test before applying for your visa, this is based on 3 parts. a self assesment (this is free), you then submit a app form with evidence( this can take a while to get together and there is a charge). finaly if they think you are ok to procede you sit a two day skills assesment(again there is a charge). then you apply for visa. I think this is all correct. the web site with all info is www.vetassess.com.au.
hope this helps!!
Im in the middle of my paper work but have spoken to some one regarding the practicle test which was in december, the only one held so far and it was all basic stuff accept you had to do a bit of brazing, they also asked a few questions on the way but wernt trying to catch you out, they just were making sure you were a UK plumber and that was it.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

SimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really niceSimonG is just really nice

Originally Posted by ronnie98
Im in the middle of my paper work but have spoken to some one regarding the practicle test which was in december, the only one held so far and it was all basic stuff accept you had to do a bit of brazing, they also asked a few questions on the way but wernt trying to catch you out, they just were making sure you were a UK plumber and that was it.
How long after the test did they receive their results?

Simon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.