Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

Question about basement shower-plumbing problem

Question about basement shower-plumbing problem

Old Nov 16th 2008, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

DAVIS125 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question about basement shower-plumbing problem

I m live Los Angeles
I have a full bath in the basement. Doing renovations there and the shower stall has rust/something coming up from the pipes. My h. thinks they can just put a snake down there and clean it out? Is this the case?

I know it could be roots but I refuse to tear a tree down. We get water through the city- can they help me with this- help- any plumbers out there??
Old Nov 18th 2008, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

gazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nicegazclaire is just really nice
Default Re: Question about basement shower-plumbing problem

Amazing what they can train snakes to do, Don't know about anyone else but the description seems a bit vague and not something easily solved without seeing the actual job. Best to get someone out to look. Good luck, hope you get it solved
Old Nov 18th 2008, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

wilsonkori is an unknown quantity at this point

If there are roots in there they will just cut up the roots. It won't hurt the tree. If you find that is your problem you will just have to have your line cleaned out every year or two. It isn't a big deal.
use plumbing contractor Los angeles
Old Dec 21st 2008, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Blueflash is an unknown quantity at this point

I have heard of Snakes on a Plane, but not snakes inside plumbing...wow