Plumbing test in Canada

Old Jul 21st 2008, 8:15 am
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Plumbing test in Canada

Hi
Does anyone know what the kind of format is for the test for plumbers in Canada?

Hubby hates tests and things, although he's been plumbing (has an NVQ2 but no gas) for 4 years now.

Any reassurances appreciated!
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Plumbing test in Canada

Originally Posted by umpalumpa
Hi
Does anyone know what the kind of format is for the test for plumbers in Canada?

Hubby hates tests and things, although he's been plumbing (has an NVQ2 but no gas) for 4 years now.

Any reassurances appreciated!
Hi there , we are moving to calgary hubby is a plumber, we are awaiting a buyer for our house and the police checks to come through so we can send off for the twp, firstly you need to send off to to the AAIT in alberta to have your hubbys qualifications assessed he has to meet the standards for the redseal exam and he will get a letter to tell him what to do when he arrives in alberta, you have 6 months to study and pass this exam and get 2 attempts only, you have to have a pass mark of 70% and above, i have been advised that it is multiple choice questions, does your OH have a job offer?
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

Julie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of lightJulie_p is a glorious beacon of light

Forgot to say he also as to have proof from a employer of the work he as done and the hours he as done plumbing i think its around 9 hundred and something hours, you have to send all certificates and letters too, it costs $450, any other info ask away i will try and help you,
Julie
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:27 pm
Eager Beaver!

umpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond reputeumpalumpa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Julie_p
Hi there , we are moving to calgary hubby is a plumber, we are awaiting a buyer for our house and the police checks to come through so we can send off for the twp, firstly you need to send off to to the AAIT in alberta to have your hubbys qualifications assessed he has to meet the standards for the redseal exam and he will get a letter to tell him what to do when he arrives in alberta, you have 6 months to study and pass this exam and get 2 attempts only, you have to have a pass mark of 70% and above, i have been advised that it is multiple choice questions, does your OH have a job offer?
Hi Julie
Thanks for your kind reply - we're hoping to get to Ottawa (fingers crossed!) so I don't know if that's different, as the provinces are so different aren't they?
Hubby has been self employed for the last 4 years, so to be honest, there is no one to say we;ve done X amount of hours. I wonder how we get around that!
Hmmmmm - me thinks this is just another hoop we're gonna have to overcome - any other thoughts honey?
lol
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:28 pm
Eager Beaver!

Sorry - p.s. no job offer yet, we're going out in Feb for as many interviews and meeting as is humanly possible (snow permitting too!)
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Julie
Thanks for your kind reply - we're hoping to get to Ottawa (fingers crossed!) so I don't know if that's different, as the provinces are so different aren't they?
Hubby has been self employed for the last 4 years, so to be honest, there is no one to say we;ve done X amount of hours. I wonder how we get around that!
Hmmmmm - me thinks this is just another hoop we're gonna have to overcome - any other thoughts honey?
lol
Hi i am not sure about ottawa, i would imagine its the same with some sort of official test to sit, maybe if you add a question in the general forum someone could advise you? my husband as worked for himself for 5 years but did 8 years previous for a employer so he got his 'proof' from them, i really do not know how you would do it with been self employed.
Old Jul 24th 2008, 6:06 pm
Eager Beaver!

Hi i am not sure about ottawa, i would imagine its the same with some sort of official test to sit, maybe if you add a question in the general forum someone could advise you? my husband as worked for himself for 5 years but did 8 years previous for a employer so he got his 'proof' from them, i really do not know how you would do it with been self employed.
Hmmm - thanks for your thoughts and feeback Julie - lol
Old Dec 28th 2008, 3:49 am
Just Joined

Adymidd is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm - thanks for your thoughts and feeback Julie - lol
Hey umpalumpa, Get intouch with the MTCU and they will give you all the information you need ,If you cannot document 6000hrs you could possibly swear an affidavit to enable you to write the plumbers exam. The exam is now based on the new plumbing code for Canada 2006, 125 questions and you get approx 3 hrs to write. Good Luck.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 10:34 am
Eager Beaver!

Originally Posted by Adymidd
Hey umpalumpa, Get intouch with the MTCU and they will give you all the information you need ,If you cannot document 6000hrs you could possibly swear an affidavit to enable you to write the plumbers exam. The exam is now based on the new plumbing code for Canada 2006, 125 questions and you get approx 3 hrs to write. Good Luck.
Hi Adymidd

Thanks so much for this info - I'll check it out today - Happy New Year too! am hoping that 09 is gonna be our year - good luck to you and yours too.
Thanks again
Colette ;o)