Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Subic to avoid the sleazy areas

Where to live in Subic to avoid the sleazy areas

Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

WHISKYSPRITE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to live in Subic to avoid the sleazy areas

I understand that a lot of men are intimidated by a successful , driven , beautiful career woman , so it easier to go for a certain culture of women who need to treat you like a king and stroke your ego, but a lot of the time it's for the financial need to support themselves and their extended families. Am not saying at all that this is your relationship, but I know enough of what happens in a lot of Asian countries and why there is a genuine necessity for these girls to bag a uk man with money . I have a family member who is living with a Thai girl whom got pregnant and he now supports her and her mother, sisters etc . he has no trust in her as he knows that she would up and leave him for the next expat with a bigger pay cheque.
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WHISKYSPRITE
No, the majority of UK women have good jobs and careers that enable them to be quite independant if they wanted to be . They contribute to the household financial and help towards paying the bills, mortgages etc. UK women can earn as much if not more in some cases than men . Have you not heard of house husbands who look after the children whilst their wives go to work ? all the UK women I know certainly didnt or don't meet a guy and immediately think have they got enough money to look after me and any potential children !!!
The relationship is based on physical attraction, personality and love , I would never expect a man to have to keep me , I'm quite capable of doing that myself , so , no I guess I don't have a problem .
Ok but you do have a problem in The Philippines and yes i did have a few lady friends in The UK that would pay their own way and i,ve had a wife that did try hard but i helped along the way so what. Ah you know my woman now is not a child loves me loves me not i don't care , she takes care of me and i try to take care of her. They are not all bar sluts............Trust your Husband or dont let him come here
Old Apr 25th 2013, 3:46 pm
Forum Regular

No, the majority of UK women have good jobs and careers that enable them to be quite independant if they wanted to be . They contribute to the household financial and help towards paying the bills, mortgages etc. UK women can earn as much if not more in some cases than men . Have you not heard of house husbands who look after the children whilst their wives go to work ? all the UK women I know certainly didnt or don't meet a guy and immediately think have they got enough money to look after me and any potential children !!!
The relationship is based on physical attraction, personality and love , I would never expect a man to have to keep me , I'm quite capable of doing that myself , so , no I guess I don't have a problem .
Not sure where my last post went [ polly ] but i have had woman friends in the UK that paid their own way also my wife with 2 children whose father was a waster, hey we cant all live in middle England so what i helped , it was my wife after all. So now at an older age i got a woman in her 40,s and our 8 year old boy and that's all i pay for. So if you are for real why cant you trust your husband. Why worry
Old Apr 25th 2013, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

robbo462003 is an unknown quantity at this point

My husband has been offered a job in the Subic area, my only concern is the info I have read about the way the phillipine girls are, desperate to bag a western man for his money! Really don't fancy having to be out and about and have my husband targeted and propositioned every where we go. I would like an area that is as far away from this kind of behaviour as possible as I find it totally disrespectful to go on like this in front of a mans wife ! are there any areas that are in a quiet area with other expat couples and families? Not come across any other british woman who has posted her experiences of living there with her husband so would be by interested to hear from anyone already living there and if its as bad as I have read! really want to come live there as apart from this it seems a really nice place.
How often have you visited the Philippines?
Old Apr 26th 2013, 12:34 am
Unspoilt by progress.....

The Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud ofThe Woodcutter has much to be proud of

My husband has been offered a job in the Subic area, my only concern is the info I have read about the way the phillipine girls are, desperate to bag a western man for his money! Really don't fancy having to be out and about and have my husband targeted and propositioned every where we go. I would like an area that is as far away from this kind of behaviour as possible as I find it totally disrespectful to go on like this in front of a mans wife ! are there any areas that are in a quiet area with other expat couples and families? Not come across any other british woman who has posted her experiences of living there with her husband so would be by interested to hear from anyone already living there and if its as bad as I have read! really want to come live there as apart from this it seems a really nice place.
Try Antartica!
Seriously - it is quite obvious that you have insecurity issues and are one of these people that like to label people with generalised statements - redheads are fiery, blondes are dumb, etc. It is disturbing that a seemingly educated person like yourself genuinely believes that a filipina would over ride their ingrained virtues to bag a man with money.

If we are talking about generalisations - and that is what you are doing - that women are only interested in a man's money - it happens all over the world and not just Asia as you are suggesting. If we get back to basics we can argue that a woman, any woman, will choose a man as a life partner who can care for her and nurture her and provide a stable base for any off springs. When choosing a mate the financial stability of the male is one of many attributes that a woman will look for.

Although my sister in law is a nice lady there is no way that she would have married my brother if he had been a taxi driver for example, and there is no way that my ex wife would have married me if I had been a shelf stacker at Tescos. Both ladies in question are British and both my brother and my jobs with the respective salaries were important to them.

It is obvious that you know very little about Asia and in particular the Filipino culture and I find your original assessment quite offensive - to label filipino women the way you have. To suggest that Filipino women will target and proposition your husband wherever you go is naive and insulting.

As you have a significant hang up about this - my advice is don't come.

Last edited by The Woodcutter; Apr 26th 2013 at 12:43 am.
Old Apr 27th 2013, 11:13 pm
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

I understand that a lot of men are intimidated by a successful , driven , beautiful career woman , so it easier to go for a certain culture of women who need to treat you like a king and stroke your ego, but a lot of the time it's for the financial need to support themselves and their extended families. Am not saying at all that this is your relationship, but I know enough of what happens in a lot of Asian countries and why there is a genuine necessity for these girls to bag a uk man with money . I have a family member who is living with a Thai girl whom got pregnant and he now supports her and her mother, sisters etc . he has no trust in her as he knows that she would up and leave him for the next expat with a bigger pay cheque.
I think your "understanding" is misplaced, most educated men I know have a strong preference towards "successful , driven , beautiful career women" as intelligence is a huge attraction to a man, just as confidence in a man attracts a woman.

Maybe you should re-read the replies to your initial posting and rethink both your relationship and whether you should move away from the security you imagine is solely available in your home country.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 3:15 pm
Forum Regular

Even Nigella Lawson did not re marry beneath her station so beautiful career woman, yes not so many on the local council estate. What does your Husband think about his career move or don't the poor fella have a say in it
Old May 3rd 2013, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by piero
Even Nigella Lawson did not re marry beneath her station so beautiful career woman, yes not so many on the local council estate. What does your Husband think about his career move or don't the poor fella have a say in it
Old May 3rd 2013, 9:09 am
Red Horse

bootleultras is an unknown quantity at this point

It's a shame I havnt yet had a reply from a female british expat living there with her family , obviously expat men replying are going to sing the praises of the phillipine women ! If I were an ageing guy looking to up my chances and bag a younger girl who treats me like a king for financial gain then I suppose I would head off to either phillipines or Thailand ! from a females point if view I don't understand how you can be with someone when you know it's more of a business transaction and not based on love . Surely you would want a partner to love and want you based on your personality and physical attraction, not on your bank balance or nationality ? Being with someone who only wants the benefits of your money must also make you very insecure as there will always be someone else with more money than you . Real love can never never be bought , it's a very shallow existence .
Im 39 (hopefully not ageing that much) been over here for over 10 years now, happily married, so I think your comments about only being over here if youre ageing and want to give filipinas all your money is misled. Sure Filipinas will look for western men for a secure future if the chance arises but they are also respectful and if they see you with your wife or you tell them youre married & arent interested, many are envious and respect that......it is what they struggle to get from filipino men so who can blame them. Now if youre husband is likely to go to the bars, of course they are going to be all over him as thats what them places are there for, like it or not its a part of society. But as for your point of a place to stay, if you look for a place around the old airbase, there are many expats from all over the world living in the areas, the rental prices are a little steeper but if thats what youre looking for, its a really nice area, you should have a car if you live in the freeport zone though.
Old May 6th 2013, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by bootleultras
Im 39 (hopefully not ageing that much) been over here for over 10 years now, happily married, so I think your comments about only being over here if youre ageing and want to give filipinas all your money is misled. Sure Filipinas will look for western men for a secure future if the chance arises but they are also respectful and if they see you with your wife or you tell them youre married & arent interested, many are envious and respect that......it is what they struggle to get from filipino men so who can blame them. Now if youre husband is likely to go to the bars, of course they are going to be all over him as thats what them places are there for, like it or not its a part of society. But as for your point of a place to stay, if you look for a place around the old airbase, there are many expats from all over the world living in the areas, the rental prices are a little steeper but if thats what youre looking for, its a really nice area, you should have a car if you live in the freeport zone though.
A nice honest post but i think The Lady has already made up her mind and is not for turning..... don't know why but my last sentence looks familiar
Old May 7th 2013, 3:06 am
Red Horse

bootleultras is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by piero
A nice honest post but i think The Lady has already made up her mind and is not for turning..... don't know why but my last sentence looks familiar
to that mate!
Old May 13th 2013, 1:21 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

We (male westerners) are not all after a bit of young flesh, we are not all "dirty old men".
I am married to a very intelligent successful wonderful pinay that has a great career, she is only slightly younger than me 18 months) she is or they have different values from western women, more family focused with a need to please.
Now I compare this with the attitude of western women (not saying them all) and its a no contest.
I am loved and treated like a king, I in return treat her like a queen and love her like I have never loved before. Now I could go out to the bar areas and she would not stop me, what you are missing in your relationship is the trust . That's why she need not worry, may be the cracks are already showing in your relationship???

Tony
Old May 25th 2013, 9:35 am
Just Joined

Spafon is an unknown quantity at this point

It's clear you don't trust your husband. Jealousy towards younger prettier women is a terrible thing and will eat away at a relationship. If your husband loves you he won't stray. Surprisingly enough, it is possible for a man to say "No". If you doubt he loves you enough, and you clearly do, it might be better to avoid areas with young pretty women in the Philippines and everywhere else in the world, including your current home.
Old May 25th 2013, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

WHISKYSPRITE is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't have a jealousy issue at all, I am a very well established model /agent with a successful ten year plus career and a wnderful trusting long marriage.I also do know though that looks are certainly not everything , ones personality is a far more endearing asset, something that the old ugly western men with young pretty goldiggers should maybe think about!! My only issue is having to be disrespected by other women when I am out with my husband in a blatant manner. I have a fantastic long and happy marriage of over 20 plus years ! I don't suppose the majority of the people whom have commented to my post have achieved the same ? Divorcees trying to relive there youth with a younger model the same age as there grandchildren no doubt ! Least I know my husband is committed to me out of love and respect .where will your relationships be in 20 years time ???????.
Old May 26th 2013, 9:37 am
Just Joined

chiddock is an unknown quantity at this point

Unrelated, but a useful thing to remember if you are relocating to Subic is that you needn't go through the stress of using the international terminal at Manila airport to travel abroad.

By far the easiest way to travel long haul is to use Clark (the former American air force base) to hop over to Hong Kong and then go long haul from there.

Whilst the domestic terminal at Manila airport is great, the international terminal is a stress generator.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.