Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Where to live in Subic to avoid the sleazy areas

Where to live in Subic to avoid the sleazy areas

Old Feb 10th 2013, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

WHISKYSPRITE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Where to live in Subic to avoid the sleazy areas

My husband has been offered a job in the Subic area, my only concern is the info I have read about the way the phillipine girls are, desperate to bag a western man for his money! Really don't fancy having to be out and about and have my husband targeted and propositioned every where we go. I would like an area that is as far away from this kind of behaviour as possible as I find it totally disrespectful to go on like this in front of a mans wife ! are there any areas that are in a quiet area with other expat couples and families? Not come across any other british woman who has posted her experiences of living there with her husband so would be by interested to hear from anyone already living there and if its as bad as I have read! really want to come live there as apart from this it seems a really nice place.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: Where to live in Subic to avoid the sleazy areas

Don't always believe what you read. Of course your husband will be propositioned if he is in a girly bar of which there are a lot in Barrio Baretto. Stay on what used to be the base there are reasonable rentals there. The heyday of Olongapo City when it was the world's largets brothel are long gone.
Old Feb 11th 2013, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

You are grouping all Filipino girls/woman with the bar girls. There are many others that also want a western husband but if they know he is married they may not even say hello, they do have morals . The bar girls mostly same story boyfriend in the province made them pregnant then he has gone, so baby with mum etc and now she has to support. Not always true. So hows it go in the bar hello daddy/hony ko how old are you [ i,m 120 ] oh your still young , where you from [ London ] oh its that in LA . Do not worry too much just enjoy
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

grahamuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Probably best to not let your hubby out of the house if you are so insecure in your relationship, and if you have such a negative view of Filipinas without (perhaps) even having visited the country, then I suggest you both stay in the UK.
I'd sooner have a relationship with a Filipina than the usual heavy-drinking, bed-hopping slapper that is so prevalent these days in Britain, so yes, maybe Western women DO need to worry, and not just in bar areas...unless they're looking for work.
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by grahamuk2
Probably best to not let your hubby out of the house if you are so insecure in your relationship, and if you have such a negative view of Filipinas without (perhaps) even having visited the country, then I suggest you both stay in the UK.
I'd sooner have a relationship with a Filipina than the usual heavy-drinking, bed-hopping slapper that is so prevalent these days in Britain, so yes, maybe Western women DO need to worry, and not just in bar areas...unless they're looking for work.
Frankly, no need for that - she's asking a relevant question!
Old Apr 2nd 2013, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

grahamuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

She got a relevant answer...as I've lived as an expat in Subic and other parts of the Phils for over 23 years, and I'm British.

Do you have anything constructive to add ?
Old Apr 3rd 2013, 10:47 am
Rizlared

kevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to allkevray is a name known to all

Originally Posted by WHISKYSPRITE
My husband has been offered a job in the Subic area, my only concern is the info I have read about the way the phillipine girls are, desperate to bag a western man for his money! Really don't fancy having to be out and about and have my husband targeted and propositioned every where we go. I would like an area that is as far away from this kind of behaviour as possible as I find it totally disrespectful to go on like this in front of a mans wife ! are there any areas that are in a quiet area with other expat couples and families? Not come across any other british woman who has posted her experiences of living there with her husband so would be by interested to hear from anyone already living there and if its as bad as I have read! really want to come live there as apart from this it seems a really nice place.
Where do you read such "Facts"?? You are tarring every filipino female with the same brush, I could say all english women are bed hopping, violent alcoholics, which is my experience, but as you know, this is actually a minority. You really are just as likely to find someone in the UK as in Phils, who will turn their eyes to your hubby.
As was said above, if you're that distrusting then maybe you should remain in the UK and spend time building a trusting relationship, rather than travel halfway around the world and live in a world of jealousy.
Just my honest opinion, good luck
Old Apr 23rd 2013, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
Frankly, no need for that - she's asking a relevant question!
Well ok she is allowed to ask but better ways to phrase it. Let me tell you a story that goes back now over 20 years, in a friends house with his wife and her friends , i said i,m now going to The Philippines and 1 of his wife's friends said with out hesitation oh they are so Subservient . I think at that time they only had 1 woman President they were of course to have a 2nd and the lady from ilio ilio and so on . How wrong and how insulting ..........yes she was no picture
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

robbo462003 is an unknown quantity at this point

she never did get the question answered the replies she got made me smile.No further postings by her yet maybe job offer is off the agenda?
Old Apr 24th 2013, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

It's a shame I havnt yet had a reply from a female british expat living there with her family , obviously expat men replying are going to sing the praises of the phillipine women ! If I were an ageing guy looking to up my chances and bag a younger girl who treats me like a king for financial gain then I suppose I would head off to either phillipines or Thailand ! from a females point if view I don't understand how you can be with someone when you know it's more of a business transaction and not based on love . Surely you would want a partner to love and want you based on your personality and physical attraction, not on your bank balance or nationality ? Being with someone who only wants the benefits of your money must also make you very insecure as there will always be someone else with more money than you . Real love can never never be bought , it's a very shallow existence .
Old Apr 24th 2013, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shame I havnt yet had a reply from a female british expat living there with her family , obviously expat men replying are going to sing the praises of the phillipine women ! If I were an ageing guy looking to up my chances and bag a younger girl who treats me like a king for financial gain then I suppose I would head off to either phillipines or Thailand ! from a females point if view I don't understand how you can be with someone when you know it's more of a business transaction and not based on love . Surely you would want a partner to love and want you based on your personality and physical attraction, not on your bank balance or nationality ? Being with someone who only wants the benefits of your money must also make you very insecure as there will always be someone else with more money than you . Real love can never never be bought , it's a very shallow existence .
Very true, money can't buy you happiness, I'll take the money
Old Apr 24th 2013, 2:07 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevray
I could say all english women are bed hopping, violent alcoholics, which is my experience, but as you know, this is actually a minority.
You must have met some very interesting ladies
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Wow i think you have more problems than the filippinas . My wife is so far away from a 20 year old, 1 of her favorite singers is Matt Monroe , she can tell me almost the whole history of The Philippines . So in The UK etc women are also not looking for a man to take care of them and the children. You have the problem, not me
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Well i think this is bullshit unless you have friends in the British Consulate and a few other wealthy expats you wont find so many wives other than filippinas. If your real then clearly you cant trust your husband and you do sound like a real bitch which is why so many of us has decided to call this home
Old Apr 25th 2013, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

No, the majority of UK women have good jobs and careers that enable them to be quite independant if they wanted to be . They contribute to the household financial and help towards paying the bills, mortgages etc. UK women can earn as much if not more in some cases than men . Have you not heard of house husbands who look after the children whilst their wives go to work ? all the UK women I know certainly didnt or don't meet a guy and immediately think have they got enough money to look after me and any potential children !!!
The relationship is based on physical attraction, personality and love , I would never expect a man to have to keep me , I'm quite capable of doing that myself , so , no I guess I don't have a problem .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.