Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Travel with son who has Philippine and British Passport

Travel with son who has Philippine and British Passport

Old Feb 13th 2017, 7:51 am
Just Joined

Markyebay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travel with son who has Philippine and British Passport

Looks like my wife's Settlement visa may be approved soon. So I have a question about our sons travel to the UK.
He is 1 year and 6 months old and has a British Passport and Philippine Passport.
We were told by a BI Official if he uses the British passport to leave he will need to pay exit clearance fees of approx. 10000 peso. Due to him not having an entry stamp in this passport.
So we were going to use his Philippine passport to leave with.
Does anyone have any experience of doing this and what obstacles they faced.
Any ideas or links we can look at. Or even better personal experience.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Markyebay; Feb 13th 2017 at 7:57 am. Reason: Spelling mistake.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travel with son who has Philippine and British Passport

Use PI passport to leave and UK passport to enter UK. Reverse on return. He'll still need to pay an exit fee - 750p I believe. Any query at UK airport on return, just show the PI passport to prove he's a resident and does not need an onward ticket.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by quiltman
Use PI passport to leave and UK passport to enter UK. Reverse on return. He'll still need to pay an exit fee - 750p I believe. Any query at UK airport on return, just show the PI passport to prove he's a resident and does not need an onward ticket.

Thanks. Excellent info.
Old Feb 13th 2017, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Markyebay
Thanks. Excellent info.
he will also need to pay 50% of the travel tax 800 pesos plus on departure using the Philippines passport
we did this at xmas he left on his pinoy passport and arrived in malaysia on his brit passport, did not need to we could have used the pinoy passport etc

So you will not have any issues
Old Feb 14th 2017, 5:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikemike
he will also need to pay 50% of the travel tax 800 pesos plus on departure using the Philippines passport
we did this at xmas he left on his pinoy passport and arrived in malaysia on his brit passport, did not need to we could have used the pinoy passport etc

So you will not have any issues
Many thanks for the info.
I am happy to report that my son is under 2 years old and according to the websites concerned he is exempt from travel tax and the Terminal fee.
Yippee lol.