Sugar and Salt

Old Oct 7th 2022, 11:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sugar and Salt

I have a fairly simple diet primarily from fresh food and some local canned products.
One of the latter is Pork n Beans. Hunts brand. I don't like paying extra for baked bean offerings from the UK and Italy..
Ok but it is annoying to see lumps of pork fat in the can, which I try to scoop out. But have just bought and sampled their new offering "Baked Beans". Ok, but I thought a bit salty and sweet..
Looking but the nutrition information confirms that. The comparable figure on their Pork n Beans can in brackets:
Per 100g serving:

Sodium 420mg (390mg)
Sugar 9g (5g)

Disappointing, I may go back to Pork n Beans. Obviously they think the public here will only buy this new offering if it's sweet and salty.

Old Oct 8th 2022, 1:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sugar and Salt

Originally Posted by Raffin
I have a fairly simple diet primarily from fresh food and some local canned products.
One of the latter is Pork n Beans. Hunts brand. I don't like paying extra for baked bean offerings from the UK and Italy..
Ok but it is annoying to see lumps of pork fat in the can, which I try to scoop out. But have just bought and sampled their new offering "Baked Beans". Ok, but I thought a bit salty and sweet..
Looking but the nutrition information confirms that. The comparable figure on their Pork n Beans can in brackets:
Per 100g serving:

Sodium 420mg (390mg)
Sugar 9g (5g)

Disappointing, I may go back to Pork n Beans. Obviously they think the public here will only buy this new offering if it's sweet and salty.
Original Heinz baked beans, not the low salt low sugar variant. Salt per 100g 0.6g Sugar 4.3g