Six months in Manila

Old Sep 1st 2012, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Six months in Manila

Hi that's ok i,ll have a beer offline . have you been to Risal park yet and did you know that he was the one that created tagolog, no i didn't until my wife told me you must go to intromurous for a visit and the zoo then you will feel sorry for the animals. But yes Manila its massive enjoy i did
Old Sep 23rd 2012, 10:28 am
Just Joined

suzywong is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! Hope you've found your footy place! My friends go to Murphys or at Howzzat for this. Both are in Makati. Murphy's in Legaspi Village and Howzzat on Kalayaan Ave. Hope this helps
Old Oct 9th 2012, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

KLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to all

Originally Posted by suzywong
Hi! Hope you've found your footy place! My friends go to Murphys or at Howzzat for this. Both are in Makati. Murphy's in Legaspi Village and Howzzat on Kalayaan Ave. Hope this helps
Thank you

Been going to Heckle and Jeckle so far, but I'd be keen to try other venues too.

Started to venture further afield of a weekend night too, Malate, Bonifacio, Eastwood etc.
Old Oct 13th 2012, 3:39 am
Just Joined

tallchefuk is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KLPlates
Hi,

Starting a Project in Manila in August and looking for any top social tips.

Googling around, seems like Makati is the place to go?

Basically, looking for somewhere to enjoy a few beers, possibly some English football and a local pub type vibe with some ex-pat company of a Friday and Saturday night?

I'll be fully intent on immersing myself in the local food/culture/history etc, as I do wherever I work, but of a weekend it's nice to have a sense of some home comforts (especially on a longer term Project) so a good place for a Sunday morning full English would be a bonus as well.

Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks in advance.
hahahaha i been looking for a half decent english breakfast the best i found was big breakfast at mcdonalds or make it yourself dont forget the fried bread where you from im from scarborough north yorkshire

best wishes Richard
Old Oct 18th 2012, 5:49 am
Forum Regular

KLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tallchefuk
hahahaha i been looking for a half decent english breakfast the best i found was big breakfast at mcdonalds or make it yourself dont forget the fried bread where you from im from scarborough north yorkshire

best wishes Richard
Hello, mate, I'm from Manchester. Best so far is Heckle and Jeckle or Howzat, proper back bacon butties! Give us a shout if you fancy a pint, we're here until December.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:13 am
Banned

Friendly O is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I am travelling to Manila during the next week, arriving on the 20th of April.

I would really like to meet up with fellow British expats for a nice chat and a banter, but I'm afraid I don't know anyone residing in Manila at the moment.

Would any of you nice chaps be up for a beer or two next week?
The first beer will be on me!
Please let me know: oscarsilvatavares at hushmail dot com
Old Apr 19th 2013, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

Outback in Makati (near Glorietta and Ascott) is a decent bar, mate, plenty of ex-pats knocking around usually and pretty much all decent guys. I'm out of the country at present but return 12 May until Christmas so if you're still around then I'd be glad to introduce you to a few people.
Old May 3rd 2013, 11:30 pm
Red Horse

bootleultras is an unknown quantity at this point

Try the hard rock & tgi fridays in glorietta 3 too, plenty of expats around. Best bet is the heckle & jeckle for atmosphere, footy etc or the Howzat for english food & happy hour!!
Heckle and Jeckle has now moved though, still along the same street (polaris) but further down towards the bottom on felipe street.... Its actually almost directly across the roadfrom the howzat now, will be there tomorrow night for a few bevvies and the footy.
Old May 4th 2013, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

Good shout, bacon butties in Howzat!

Heckle's actually moved then? Heard they were before I left in April. Where is it now, past Handlebar?

Only a week and I'll be back, missed it more than I thought I would!
Old May 4th 2013, 12:25 pm
Red Horse

Pretty much right across the street just immediately before tha handlbar.
Yeah, once youre not here that about the only time you realise how much you really like it here......its really, really, really hot here at the moment too
Old May 4th 2013, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers for the update. New pool tables by any chance?
Old May 5th 2013, 1:42 am
Red Horse

Well they look new to me, the whole place is nice and new, alot different from the old heckle (which i kind of liked) only bad thing is no real parking spaces, then again Imnnot driving around there anyway!
Old May 5th 2013, 6:01 am
Forum Regular

Good stuff. Aye, the old place had a certain charm although I won't miss the rat

Is there a decent outside seating area with a screen like there was before?

Roll on next Sunday!
Old May 5th 2013, 8:39 am
Red Horse

Yes although not as big, it still looks the part!
Don't know how lucky you'll be next Sunday, there is a liquor ban due to the elections 9th-13th I believe, still trying to find out if anywheres open next weekend.
Old May 5th 2013, 12:49 pm
Forum Regular

So I believe. I'll make some enquiries with some colleagues that are already there and let you know if I come up trumps. I do know the hotel bar will be open as a last resort.

Still, as I only arrive at 16:00 on the 12th and will be in work on the 13th (if only for an hour or two), I'm sure I can manage the trauma of a couple of days without a SML

I'll definitely give the 'new' H&J a look on the following Friday at the latest. Let me know if you'll be in and I'll gladly stand you a beer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.