Shopping trolly

Old Apr 4th 2016, 12:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping trolly

Thanks pollyana, I know that certain items can't be shipped and if it's not direct from Amazon it's up to the supplier. I've contacted suppliers in the past and they have agreed to ship but of course with no warranty. As i said earlier, it's usually books I get.
MikeMikes problem was likely because he was ordering more than one item and they were different suppliers, even tho' it looked like one order. similar here with Lazada - some items come direct from them and others from say, Hong kong etc. Anyway looks like mike is sorted!
Old Apr 13th 2016, 6:13 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

as an update - found a trolly in Landmark...but it was the usual "we have but we dont have"...ie none in stock!
Old Apr 13th 2016, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Was about to say "congratulations" , then read rest of post!
Old Apr 15th 2016, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
I've just checked and the Kenwood BM450 costs £74 , packing and shipping is £75 - only option is Global Priority in 2/4 days, import deposit £38. got as far as "buy' and all my details filled in automatically. Billing address - Uk , delivery address Cebu. Hmmm strange.
The Kenwood arrived today, 8 days after they confirmed they would ship.Tomorrow I read the instructions and go for the first loaf 1kg. The sausage machine skins and mixes are also reportedly on their way and ETA is middle of next week. I am off to get some lard and a few other herbs and spices
Old Apr 15th 2016, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
The Kenwood arrived today, 8 days after they confirmed they would ship.Tomorrow I read the instructions and go for the first loaf 1kg. The sausage machine skins and mixes are also reportedly on their way and ETA is middle of next week. I am off to get some lard and a few other herbs and spices
Where do you get lard, what is it called here, I have looked but never found.
Old Apr 16th 2016, 3:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Where do you get lard, what is it called here, I have looked but never found.
My shopping trip has been delayed. they refer to lard as ''shortening'' I found a supplier by googling the product and where I live. I expect when i get there it will be a case of 'sorry, out of stock sir'
Old Apr 16th 2016, 12:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

The banger maker with cumberland mix has arrived

Homemade Sausage Making Kit- Sausage Stuffer/Filler, 568g Cumberland Mix & 2x28mm HL Collagen Casings. by Butchers-Sundries. Now I really will have to track down the lard fast
Old Apr 16th 2016, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
The banger maker with cumberland mix has arrived

Homemade Sausage Making Kit- Sausage Stuffer/Filler, 568g Cumberland Mix & 2x28mm HL Collagen Casings. by Butchers-Sundries. Now I really will have to track down the lard fast
Mike, where did you get this from? Can you get replacement casings?
Old Apr 17th 2016, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by quiltman
Mike, where did you get this from? Can you get replacement casings?
Hi, I went on Amazon and they referred to Butchers-sundries. I will be ordering casings from them once the initial supply is frozen down
Old Jun 20th 2016, 7:06 am
BE Forum Addict

quick update the Cumberlands have turned out ok.....eventually

MUST keep everything cold so put a small amount into the casings. cut and tie off then reverse twist to make the appropriate sized bangers.

Should you let the meat get warmed up it does not flow into the casings and this causes the casings to split.

I have decided that 2 feet of full casing is enough before it all goes back into the freezer for an hour and then do the next two feet.....rinse, repeat etc
Old Jun 20th 2016, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Been following this thread, boy you guys must love your sausages to go to so much trouble for them.....lol
Old Jun 21st 2016, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Can't beat a good old British Banger David!