Shopping trolly

Old Apr 3rd 2016, 8:21 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about
Default Shopping trolly

Hi

My wife is looking to buy a shipping trolly... You know, like the old grannies in the uk have. Anyone any ideas where? I'm in makati near greenbelt

Cheers
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 9:16 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shopping trolly

did once see a four wheeled one in the luggage dept of Metro, Ayala, but that's Cebu so no real help for you! Amazon US show them and would probably ship here, but Amazon UK say they can't ship trolleys to Philippines.
However, I found this:
https://www.olx.ph/all-results/q-shopping-trolley/

Hope it helps!
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 11:35 am
Forum Regular

chmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura aboutchmaiden has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by quiltman
did once see a four wheeled one in the luggage dept of Metro, Ayala, but that's Cebu so no real help for you! Amazon US show them and would probably ship here, but Amazon UK say they can't ship trolleys to Philippines.
However, I found this:
https://www.olx.ph/all-results/q-shopping-trolley/

Hope it helps!
Cheers...having experienced the pain of one parcel being sent here, I have given up on the postal service!
Old Apr 3rd 2016, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

I buy from both Amazon UK and Amazon US but pay extra for the priority shipping as it's tracked all the way.They also estimate customs duties etc and if it proves less then they refund you.(and they do - got £8.50 back on last shipment of books.) TBH I only use them for items impossible to get here , mainly books. From UK takes 3/4 days and from US 4/5 days. Just ordered a new Tefal mixer for my good lady and even with the cost of priority shipping and customs dues, it was still over £50 cheaper than here. Ordered on Sunday night, delivered here by UPS on Thursday!! In perfect condition.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 4:24 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I buy from both Amazon UK and Amazon US but pay extra for the priority shipping as it's tracked all the way.They also estimate customs duties etc and if it proves less then they refund you.(and they do - got £8.50 back on last shipment of books.) TBH I only use them for items impossible to get here , mainly books. From UK takes 3/4 days and from US 4/5 days. Just ordered a new Tefal mixer for my good lady and even with the cost of priority shipping and customs dues, it was still over £50 cheaper than here. Ordered on Sunday night, delivered here by UPS on Thursday!! In perfect condition.
Quiltman I just tried to order a breadmaker from amazon UK, the web site confirms delivery to the Philippines but the order is rejected at check out due to location. Did you have similar issues?
Old Apr 4th 2016, 4:59 am
BE Forum Addict

What I find is when I view an item , it says whether or not it can be shipped to the Phillipines. Seems to depend on who the supplier is. I've found sometimes I can get the same item from Amazon US but you have to be careful as all their electrical items are primarily 110V. Due to distribution agreements etc some items are not allowed to be shipped out of UK.for example, this one, a Russell hobbs says it CAN be shipped here.
Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread in Minutes: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home Russell Hobbs 18036 Breadmaker Fresh Bread in Minutes: Amazon.co.uk: Kitchen & Home
So can the Morphy richards, but none of the Panasonics.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 5:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Just to add, whenever I want an item that says it CAN be shipped, I've never been rejected at check out. My amazon account shows the UK address my card is billed to and my delivery address as here. Maybe it's because you're not using a UK registered card - that's the only reason I can think of.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 6:50 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

"Maybe it's because you're not using a UK registered card - that's the only reason I can think of. "
Sad to say, a few weeks back, I tried to buy something from a UK supplier in £UK with a Hong Kong outlet. Free shipment from Hong Kong to Philippines. The UK card was rejected, without any attempt at authentication. It would seem UK card, Philippine address, rang the alarm bells. matter took two weeks to resolve, including copies of documents proving address etc. I might try again, or I might not, decisions, decisions. The problem lies with the firm processing the payments.
LAZADA do accept UK issued cards, and I have had no problems. Save for delivery sometimes not being too quick, but no other problems.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add, whenever I want an item that says it CAN be shipped, I've never been rejected at check out. My amazon account shows the UK address my card is billed to and my delivery address as here. Maybe it's because you're not using a UK registered card - that's the only reason I can think of.
Thanks, I never got as far as payment details, just a flat NO to delivery to the Philippines.. The item when highlighted advises that it can be delivered to the philippines KenwoodBM450.

I have sent an email and advised of the problem will have to wait

I am so keen on getting the sausage making machine plus skins with cumberland mix I may have to go to the UK to get them lol

the Breville BM costs 36000 pesos which is stupid high, be cheaper to fly to uk!!

Last edited by mikemike; Apr 4th 2016 at 9:12 am.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

If you go to UK , I want some sausage skins as well! the hog casings available here can be a bit tough! Yes, I've found Lazada are OK. I did once try and buy something from HK using my UK debit card and it was rejected. I used my UK credit card and fine! As you say, it's more likely the card processor. My UK debit card is registered with Amazon UK and one click buying works for everything except those specifically stating "this supplier does not ship to Philippines". Amazon also won't ship Kindles or fires , so bought new Kindle via Lazada. took 6 days to arrive.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Ok just got a response from Amazon, I have to contact the seller direct and see if they will be helpful so I have done that for 2/3 items.

the third one is the Breadmaker which does not list the seller!! So have written to amazon again, see if they can help sort that out.

This is my first use of Amazon, not as easy as I was hoping for. At the same time their communication channels are good.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

If you go to UK , I want some sausage skins as well! the hog casings available here can be a bit tough! Yes, I've found Lazada are OK. I did once try and buy something from HK using my UK debit card and it was rejected. I used my UK credit card and fine! As you say, it's more likely the card processor. My UK debit card is registered with Amazon UK and one click buying works for everything except those specifically stating "this supplier does not ship to Philippines". Amazon also won't ship Kindles or fires , so bought new Kindle via Lazada. took 6 days to arrive.
One of the companies that I ordered the sausage machine from also supplies the skins as part of the package, if I get a positive answer I will let you know.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 9:17 am
BE Forum Addict

I've just checked and the Kenwood BM450 costs £74 , packing and shipping is £75 - only option is Global Priority in 2/4 days, import deposit £38. got as far as "buy' and all my details filled in automatically. Billing address - Uk , delivery address Cebu. Hmmm strange.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

I've just checked and the Kenwood BM450 costs £74 , packing and shipping is £75 - only option is Global Priority in 2/4 days, import deposit £38. got as far as "buy' and all my details filled in automatically. Billing address - Uk , delivery address Cebu. Hmmm strange.
Ok I will try again Good news just went through on a BPI master card gold card with Manila billing address. I think because it was bundled up with sausage machine etc the whole order got kicked out.

Thanks for your help

I will keep you updated with results on the other two items

Last edited by mikemike; Apr 4th 2016 at 10:50 am.
Old Apr 4th 2016, 10:42 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Hi guys - some info for you -

A lot of Amazon UK items simply can't be shipped outside of the UK. Books/CDs/DVDs are ok but most other items just aren't available. This is down to complications with shipping - refunds - market agreements, a whole host of stuff! Its not actually anything to do with your credit card and/or whether its a UK billing address.

The only way to know for sure is to check each item before trying to purchase.

If its a market place seller rather than Amazon themselves, its always worth contacting them before trying to place an order as they may make an exception (similar to some of us who sell on ebay - the decision is up to the seller but its not always easy to fit the exceptions into the boxes thaat a seller needs to fill in when listing an item!)

Amazon US are a lot more lenient when selling abroad, also some posters in the Australia forum use Amazon DE - which is Amazon Germany - and report success in getting items shipped to Australia.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.