Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Procedure for traveling outside the PI on 13a visa

Procedure for traveling outside the PI on 13a visa

Old May 20th 2018, 9:51 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Procedure for traveling outside the PI on 13a visa

I have a 13a probationary visa and wish to exit the Philippines for a week. Can anyone advise me of any procedure I should encounter at the airport. My passport is stamped with the 13a visa but I also have a balikbayan stamp which has 7 months validity left.Do I just turn up at the airport and pay the fees, or do I have to initiate them before arriving at the airport?
Old May 20th 2018, 1:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Procedure for traveling outside the PI on 13a visa

you pay on departure. A it will be yur first time out under a 13a you get the privilege of paying another 500p on the exit fee be about 2840 all in for that plus the 1650 departure tax Your terminal fee may be in the ticket price, if not add another 750 pesos. all for the privilege of going away, probably more than the ticket!!

Did they cancel the BB in the passport? if not then you may get away for nothing!! just open the passport on the BB page
Old May 20th 2018, 11:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Mike,

B/B stamp not cancelled, think I will act dumb and give it a try !
Old May 21st 2018, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

I think I read somewhere that when on a probatioary it can be a bit more complicated than that. Well worth checking with the BI first.
Old May 21st 2018, 7:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
I think I read somewhere that when on a probatioary it can be a bit more complicated than that. Well worth checking with the BI first.
The part where you first apply to get a 13a is when you need to stick around for about 30 days whilst they process this for you. If they have any questions and you are not around you may to start the whole process including new fees all over again. They used to extend the tourist visa to 59 days whilst you waited. No harm in checking with them,but I think you will find that you are not under ''house arrest'' for the first year of your temporary 13a
Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

liam_neeson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikek1
Thanks Mike,

B/B stamp not cancelled, think I will act dumb and give it a try !
Don't break the law. You risk everything. Especially with such a high status. When you go to the airport, you go to a VIP lane just for us. Look for the mini BI office in the wall with a window. Kind of nice. Present your ACR and ICR, pay the fees. Under 3,000 they used to be. And off you go. Yeah, if you do not yet have your ACR and ICR(or CRTV if you are provisional), you have to go to the BI first, as you will not have your RP without your ACR.