in the philippines

Old Dec 15th 2012, 12:46 am
  #91  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 76
googly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

Originally Posted by desert-rat View Post
He didnt say he got married. You can get balikbayan status in two ways. the first is being married to a Filipino/Filipina the second is by having some cash left in your passport.
That's true but as gaza said its not the same as it used to be when dealing with government officials. Maybe he can let us know.
googly is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2012, 4:27 am
  #92  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Bohol via Dubai, Muscat, Karratha, Brisbane, Doha.
Posts: 263
desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: in the philippines

Originally Posted by Gazza-d View Post
I'm not sure that works anymore and would be extremely foolish to try. It could go two ways, you get in or you never get in again. Your choice.
Of course there is a risk involved but I know several people who have gone through Manila recently using this method.
Mactan Cebu is good. As long as you produce your marriage certificate and have previous BB entry stamps in your passport you dont need your spouse with you. And no bribery needed!!
desert-rat is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2012, 7:26 am
  #93  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 76
googly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

Originally Posted by desert-rat View Post
Of course there is a risk involved but I know several people who have gone through Manila recently using this method.
Mactan Cebu is good. As long as you produce your marriage certificate and have previous BB entry stamps in your passport you dont need your spouse with you. And no bribery needed!!
I know they will let you through without your spouse and give you a BB stamp. Are the people you know that went through manila not married?
googly is offline  
Old Dec 15th 2012, 1:55 pm
  #94  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Bohol via Dubai, Muscat, Karratha, Brisbane, Doha.
Posts: 263
desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: in the philippines

No they are not married. They have Filipino kids registered to them though.
desert-rat is offline  
Old Dec 16th 2012, 10:11 pm
  #95  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 11
Jonnyivy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

I've been following this thread of Mr Blackbear for a while now as he's actually done what I was too cautious about doing 7 years ago ( and we're the same age roughly )
I can see he writes some things on here that well, maybe I'd keep to myself, and I'm sure its like waving a red flag to a bull with some of the comments exchanged back and forth.
But,..don't forget that we are NOT all alike in what we term as doing something the 'right' way. There sure is a high risk in what he sometimes gets up to,....but what if, yes , what if this guy gets his dream,..and it all pans out just the way HE wants it ( not the way others think he should be doing it ).
I'd be the first to post out a 'well done bud' if in even a years time he is still moving forward, making a little money and has made many good friends.
My point here is that I've been over maybe 15 times now,..I like to think I know the 'ways' over there,...I've seen some Americans and Brits just making a total arse of themselves in public, most of an older generation than BB and me,..and I wouldn't be seen anywhere uptown in their company because of their manners and their obnoxious way they treat the locals.
I have a sneaky feeling that BB is doing what a lot of us would like to be doing, (considering the worsening state of UK and Europe), running around free-wheeling in his life at an earlier age than most,..okay, maybe living in a bubble sometimes,..but he had the guts to do it !!
Just don't take too many risks Bud,... keep the posts coming,... at least I'm interested to see how far you get and show it can be done..

Jonny
Jonnyivy is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 2:39 am
  #96  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 76
googly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

Originally Posted by Jonnyivy View Post
I've been following this thread of Mr Blackbear for a while now as he's actually done what I was too cautious about doing 7 years ago ( and we're the same age roughly )
I can see he writes some things on here that well, maybe I'd keep to myself, and I'm sure its like waving a red flag to a bull with some of the comments exchanged back and forth.
But,..don't forget that we are NOT all alike in what we term as doing something the 'right' way. There sure is a high risk in what he sometimes gets up to,....but what if, yes , what if this guy gets his dream,..and it all pans out just the way HE wants it ( not the way others think he should be doing it ).
I'd be the first to post out a 'well done bud' if in even a years time he is still moving forward, making a little money and has made many good friends.
My point here is that I've been over maybe 15 times now,..I like to think I know the 'ways' over there,...I've seen some Americans and Brits just making a total arse of themselves in public, most of an older generation than BB and me,..and I wouldn't be seen anywhere uptown in their company because of their manners and their obnoxious way they treat the locals.
I have a sneaky feeling that BB is doing what a lot of us would like to be doing, (considering the worsening state of UK and Europe), running around free-wheeling in his life at an earlier age than most,..okay, maybe living in a bubble sometimes,..but he had the guts to do it !!
Just don't take too many risks Bud,... keep the posts coming,... at least I'm interested to see how far you get and show it can be done..

Jonny
Good post Jonny and i can see your point of view. At first i was also interested how he was getting on and had tried to give him some advice on doing business/living here as i have done some of the things he has mentioned but it seems he knows better.
Have met my fair share of expats that come here with there big ideas on doing this and that. The vast majority dont make it past 5 years and blame filipino's for there failure instead of actually looking at what they did wrong.
Yes it can be done but there are certain things you must learn about the culture before you get to deep into anything.
Have lived and run a business here with my wife for 14 years and started coming here at the age of 18. Now in my 40's.
googly is offline  
Old Dec 17th 2012, 3:22 pm
  #97  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Bohol via Dubai, Muscat, Karratha, Brisbane, Doha.
Posts: 263
desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: in the philippines

Interesting to read blackbears story. Fair play to him he seems to keep fairly active and appears happy with his lot.
Keep us updated and dont worry about those green eyed monsters lurking in the background. Every forum has them.
desert-rat is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2012, 3:02 am
  #98  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: asia ,philippines
Posts: 109
blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

im not one for taking advice ,sorry, i make my own mistakes,always have and there have been a lot!!!!but again there have been some good ones too. its good in some ways it lets you guys off the hook if i take your advice and it goes wrong, i have you to blame ,this way, my way its my own destiny.
Im the happiest iv been in years, yes ive done a lot in what 4 mths!!!! wow but as ive said anna and i have had a plan ,but trying to do things from 8000 miles away is hard, so thats why i came here,im just letting others maybe thinking of a new life here that maybe you can do it ,ive not done it by any stretch ,ive made a very small start,i dont have any forenier friends here ,weather thats good or bad ,i dont know.
I love my life here now, ive just brought a 12 year old mitsubishi pajero 198000 php.so were moble now no more back ache or trying to fit into a sardine can of a trike,thank the lord for smqll mercys
blackbear1137 is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2012, 6:43 am
  #99  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Philippines
Posts: 76
googly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

Originally Posted by blackbear1137 View Post
im not one for taking advice ,sorry, i make my own mistakes,always have and there have been a lot!!!!but again there have been some good ones too. its good in some ways it lets you guys off the hook if i take your advice and it goes wrong, i have you to blame ,this way, my way its my own destiny.
Im the happiest iv been in years, yes ive done a lot in what 4 mths!!!! wow but as ive said anna and i have had a plan ,but trying to do things from 8000 miles away is hard, so thats why i came here,im just letting others maybe thinking of a new life here that maybe you can do it ,ive not done it by any stretch ,ive made a very small start,i dont have any forenier friends here ,weather thats good or bad ,i dont know.
I love my life here now, ive just brought a 12 year old mitsubishi pajero 198000 php.so were moble now no more back ache or trying to fit into a sardine can of a trike,thank the lord for smqll mercys
Blackbear, i enjoyed reading your post. Some i have found quite erratic and i wasn't sure if you where just some guy somewhere trying to stir things up. Having read the latest one i can see i was wrong and am sorry for thinking that way.
Like you i have always been singled minded and have done most things my way. If i had listened to all the people that told me i would fail in the Philippines i wouldn't be here. Nothing wrong with not having any foreigner friends here as they will spend all day bitching about the country they live in. I love it here and everything goes to plan will be here until the end.
PS never been a green eyed monster!
googly is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2012, 5:13 pm
  #100  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: asia ,philippines
Posts: 109
blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

pajero is in for service ,mmmm not sure what its called here ,sevice here means ,car working for one family, mines having oil change etc. party party to day my maids bday 23 .ok shes my sister in law .poor kid couldnt afford to fin schooling so job prospects nil... s she dose for us and we feed her cloth her give her cell .etc .she very pretty but only looks maybe....... 16 most!! i fell bad cos we go shopping and the times i get asked asawa ?? wife.
any way we have good prospects for the results of our thieland visit. brought a new hp laptop very nice very cheep compared to here.my wife .ok ok were not married yet but you know what i mean!! weve had some silly arguments mainly cos she dosent understand me and i dont understand her. and shes as pig headed as me!!!but its all part of life at least she hasnt hit me over the head with an iron pan!!!!!the last one did.still have the lump!! 20 years on !!im staying for the duration now .till i die .i want to die and be burried here .my ONLY ONLY REGRET IS I WAITED ,,SHOULD HAVE COME SOONER ,I WOULD HAVE BEEN WITH ANNA 3 YEARS LONGER .THATS ALL I REGRET. MY SON IS 32 TODAY MY BEST FRIEND ,HIS WIFE MADE IT LESS HARD TO COME HERE .EVERY DAY HERE IS AN EXCITING ONE IVE LOST COUNT OF THE PARTIES .IM NOT ANY DIFFERANT FROM ANY OF YOU .MY OLD MOTO WHO DARES WINS.NOW IS TAKE ONE DAY AT A TIME ENJOY IT,I COULD GET HIT BY A PIECE OF CRAP FROM SPACE!!!!!! ANY ONE THINKING OF COMING HERE ,DO WHAT IVE DONE? DONT BE SILLY.!!!!!!!!! stay in uk work for the govrnment till your 75 85??? pay your taxes have a nice couple of years then you can go to a home be misstreated .
blackbear1137 is offline  
Old Dec 18th 2012, 11:28 pm
  #101  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: asia ,philippines
Posts: 109
blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

the late nite ramblings of a very tipsy man !!!!!! heehhe was fun though, i m not here to write books anyway ,just thing as they are hehehe so ill leave it!
blackbear1137 is offline  
Old Dec 19th 2012, 4:19 am
  #102  
Just Joined
 
windmill_13's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Makati City
Posts: 8
windmill_13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

I'm happy that you are happy living here in the Philippines blackbear1137.
windmill_13 is offline  
Old Dec 19th 2012, 7:02 am
  #103  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: asia ,philippines
Posts: 109
blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

thanks windy ,im happy to ok work on pajero has cost me 6000 php for oil filters etc and 1500 f0r the mechanic. and some st migal!!! i got drunk on 1 bottle!!! and when i woke up ,anna had been praticing to drive it ,shes good .her brothers came sunday r going to do some work on one of our houses ,no charge but can we be with you for xmas!!!! howwwww nice is that!!!yes yes of corse only one condition ,please not tooo drunk last time they were both out for the count for 3 days!!!!!!nice boys though .the step father ,mmm i can take him or leave him, hes ok ,weird views with HIS daughter but hes the father. so i leave it .
looking faward to xmas now lunch will be interesting i think we have 20 plus coming well be eating in the street!!!sunshine at xmas,,,,,,,wow
blackbear1137 is offline  
Old Dec 19th 2012, 8:51 am
  #104  
Just Joined
 
windmill_13's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2012
Location: Makati City
Posts: 8
windmill_13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

You are welcome blackbear1137. Wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas
windmill_13 is offline  
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:14 am
  #105  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2012
Location: Scotland
Posts: 11
Jonnyivy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: in the philippines

Hey Bud,...I'm sure you'l spare a thought for us back home at Xmas,...in the house with the central heating on full blast looking out into a grey miserable sky !
Only joking,...we all look forward to Xmas day with our kids,... I'm sure you'll have a blast over there,...best wishes,

Jonny
Jonnyivy is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2022 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.