NSO Birth Certificate

Old Apr 7th 2014, 10:01 am
Just Joined

BentButcher is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NSO Birth Certificate

Hi,

I am hoping to receive a certified copy of my daughters birth certificate on Friday. The past several times I have requested it I have received negative copies because they have not transferred it digitally onto security paper. I understand the process is slow and could take upto 6 months. I've been patiently waiting for 2 months now.
Does anyone have any contacts in NSO that could hurry the process up or does anyone know anyway of getting it quicker if I get another negative copy on Friday?

Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NSO Birth Certificate

Originally Posted by BentButcher
Hi,

I am hoping to receive a certified copy of my daughters birth certificate on Friday. The past several times I have requested it I have received negative copies because they have not transferred it digitally onto security paper. I understand the process is slow and could take upto 6 months. I've been patiently waiting for 2 months now.
Does anyone have any contacts in NSO that could hurry the process up or does anyone know anyway of getting it quicker if I get another negative copy on Friday?

Thanks in advance.
Where did you register this? we had ours within one month from NSO. You can go direct to where you registered and get copies from them and at same time ask why there is a delay as NSO are very good and the delay may be because the registry guys have screwed up.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 2:10 pm
Just Joined

I registered in Manila at the City Hall. They were undergoing renovation at the time so it was all done outside. I've received a copy of the Live Birth from the City Hall that was certified and stamped by the NSO so I’ve assumed the registration was all in order.
The first request was online via e-census. They issued us a negative copy.
The mother (girlfriend) went to the NSO office in Quezon to find out more info. They told her to come back March 26th. They issued her a negative copy again and told her to come back April 11th.
Old Apr 7th 2014, 11:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BentButcher
I registered in Manila at the City Hall. They were undergoing renovation at the time so it was all done outside. I've received a copy of the Live Birth from the City Hall that was certified and stamped by the NSO so I’ve assumed the registration was all in order.
The first request was online via e-census. They issued us a negative copy.
The mother (girlfriend) went to the NSO office in Quezon to find out more info. They told her to come back March 26th. They issued her a negative copy again and told her to come back April 11th.
suggest you go back to manila city hall with your copy issued by them and start asking for more copies and explain and show the negative results sent to you by NSO
Old Apr 16th 2014, 10:43 pm
Just Joined

Just to follow up for any readers...

My girlfriend went back to the NSO office last Friday and asked to collect the birth certificate. They instantly told her that they can not find it and that they don't have a record. However, after my girlfriends 3rd visit she was so angry with them that she requested to speak to somebody higher up. As soon as she asked that, a more thorough search was conducted and voila.. They found a birth certificate!! On the actual official receipt it said the certificate was ready for collection March 26 (the original date my girlfriend was suppose to pick up the certificate). I'm guessing it was in the wrong pile OR they just couldn't be bothered to look for it properly... I'll go with the latter!!

I also used the NSO helpline website, https://nsohelpline.com to order a couple of more certificates. Quite a good service.. Online payment, a tracking process and delivered on the 3rd day as promised!

If anybody wants more info on Birth Certificates just give me shout, I think I'm pretty clued up on it now!!! Probably have more knowledge than those at the NSO!!