New to Angeles city

Old Dec 28th 2015, 12:05 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Default New to Angeles city

Hi just got a new condo in Marquee residence and wondered if there were any groups that meet up for a beer and a chat around here ?

Tony
Old Dec 28th 2015, 6:47 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Angeles city

Originally Posted by hcmcman
Hi just got a new condo in Marquee residence and wondered if there were any groups that meet up for a beer and a chat around here ?

Tony
Hi I'm a Brit married to a filipina (4 years), who she still can't join me here in Uk because of visa financial requirements. Anyway, I wanted to ask how much was your condo etc. because even though I've never been to Angeles, my wife is issuing me with a choice of joining her in Philippines or she leaves me? I want us to live in my favourite place (Makati), which is where we always stay when I visit her as I really like that place, but it would likely be too big a drain on my modest savings and I'm too young to get a pension. I want a city life for various reasons, even though the provinces are cheaper still, but definitely not in her home town of Muntinlupa for example as its a horrible, dirty place, unfortunately.
Dale.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 11:02 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dale
Angeles is ok I guess, it's loud and a bit like Makati in that it's very very busy but a better place to settle I think. Condo was around $100k Australian but then you have to furnish it and it was brand new. My advice to you would be to rent for a year or two until you settle, I left uk 10 years back and lived in Vietnam Hong Kong and the Australia, now I love Asian culture but it still is a hard thing to live here.

Tony
Old Jan 29th 2016, 9:03 pm
Just Joined

NathanJames is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Dale,

I was born in Angeles City but now living in San Francisco for 19yrs, i went back to my hometown after 18yrs living in the U.S. and was shocked that it was totally different from when i was growing up. The park place that me and my brother use to play were replaced with tall building. The local language that we use to speak (kapam-pangan) is beginning to diminished, people from different part of Philippines are migrating to Angeles City for VA jobs (virtual Assistant) that is why the population of city has triples in size.They were a lot tourist on every corner of the city and most of them contribute to the growing economy of the city.

Tony is right, it was like Makati people are always busy. If you can handle the bustling traffic of the city and don't mind the loud atmosphere, I think you will love Angeles City specially Balibago where mostly tourist are strolling around with beer in their hands. But if you look for a nice quiet place or town i will visit a small town (suburbs) northeast of Marquee Mall , Magalang. I like Magalang, a little quiet and slow pace living with wide open space area also known as a farm town.

The question now, will i go back again to my hometown? of course!. We still have a house in Carmenville Subdivision and my mom love living in Angeles City event though it's crowded. This is just my 2-cent opinion, i hope it broaden your choices.

Nathan
Old Jun 18th 2016, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

Simon1983 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tony. I work inbetween Angeles and San Fernando. I'm from UK but moved here with my wife 2 years ago. We were living in Pangasinan and I was basically farming/gardening and doing a bit of travelling, getting to know the country and culture. We just had a baby so I had to look for work, and I ended up finding a pretty good deal in Angeles . I now just spend Fri-Mon in Pangasinan and stay in Angeles during the week.
I don't know any other expats here in Angeles but happy to meet for a beer and hopefully meet others also.