Moving to The Philippines

Old Jun 8th 2017, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to The Philippines

BPI Online now working
Old Jun 8th 2017, 1:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
BPI Online now working
Yup! I tried at 8.45 and it was back.
Old Jun 8th 2017, 7:11 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

LPR is on a distinguished road

That'll make the girlfriend happy, she banks with BPI.
Old Jun 10th 2017, 2:49 pm
Just Joined

JohnSurrey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LPR
Hi to all members and guests. Having been reading posts on here for a few weeks now I thought it might be a good place to get some inside information.

I am looking to retire to The Philippines in just over a year’s time so I want to start preparing the ground in the hope that I can sort out any problems before I get there (forever the optimist).

I was planning on opening a BPI bank account here in the UK and then an account over there but I notice that BPI are not on the list of “PRA Designated / Accredited Bank(s)”. Can anyone recommend which bank to use? Also does anyone know if it’s possible to open an account while there on holiday as I will be visiting at the beginning of July and would like to start depositing some money for use when I am visiting.

Thanks in advance for any help and information.

P.S. Am I the only one suffering from "Me and My Philippine Family" withdrawal symptoms.
You might be able to but I doubt it - generally want to see your ACR-I card

ACR I-Card

I use BPI Europe and BPI Phils and works fine for me - just transfer in what you need and a buffer for the emergencies (earthquakes, typhoons, Tsunami's, martial law etc. )
Old Jul 19th 2017, 3:07 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

Hi, has anyone had any experience with obtaining UK visitor visas. My GF wanted to visit the UK to meet my family before I retire to the Philippines next year. For some reason they think that if she comes here she won’t return to the Philippines, so they have refused to issue a visitor’s visa. Is there any point in appealing? If not is there any other way for her to come here as this may be the only opportunity for her to meet my parents who are in there 90’s.
Thanks
Les
Old Jul 19th 2017, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LPR
Hi, has anyone had any experience with obtaining UK visitor visas. My GF wanted to visit the UK to meet my family before I retire to the Philippines next year. For some reason they think that if she comes here she won’t return to the Philippines, so they have refused to issue a visitor’s visa. Is there any point in appealing? If not is there any other way for her to come here as this may be the only opportunity for her to meet my parents who are in there 90’s.
Thanks
Les
I don't believe it is possible to appeal the decision on a visit visa. Refusal on the grounds of not showing sufficient ties to her home country is the most common basis for refusal. I suggest that you try again and this time address that issue. If she can show that she has a job there, owns land or property etc will definitely help. In your application how did you cover the financials? Did you show that she has adequate funds of her own, or that you would be whole sponsoring her visit?
Old Jul 20th 2017, 8:49 am
LPR
Forum Regular

Yes David, it appears that insufficient ties to her home country is the reason. She doesn’t have any children and doesn’t own any property. All the financial side was covered on my side with sponsorship form, letter of invitation, bank statements etc.
It’s ironic really as she has no desire to live in the UK as all her family are in the Philippines. Still I’ll just have to keep looking at other options.
Maybe it’s a sign that I should retire early…….now that sounds like a plan.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LPR
Yes David, it appears that insufficient ties to her home country is the reason. She doesn’t have any children and doesn’t own any property. All the financial side was covered on my side with sponsorship form, letter of invitation, bank statements etc.
It’s ironic really as she has no desire to live in the UK as all her family are in the Philippines. Still I’ll just have to keep looking at other options.
Maybe it’s a sign that I should retire early…….now that sounds like a plan.
Don't give up so easily, its quite normal for a visit visa to be refused first time, and the most usual reason is lack of ties to her home country etc. You need to offer as much evidence that you can, to show that she will not overstay in UK. Does she work, does she take care of aging parents, has she travelled previously with visas in her passport? Anything to convince the UK ECO's that she will return after her visit.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 1:21 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

I had a similar problem with my 21 year old niece,although this was a long time ago (11years). She was refused a visa on the same criteria. Because it was our first experience of obtaining a visa for a relative we used the services of an immigration solicitor,thinking that would ensure we would not encounter any problems.
When my my nieces visa was refused, we immediately appealed and were given a dates to appeal our case at a immigration court. All the relevant documents were sent back from the Philippines and were made available at the court ,which incidentally was only 8 miles from where we live. The appeal lasted 5 minutes, was easy, no awkward questions and the outcome was the visa was granted. No fees were involved!
Since this visa for our niece,we have obtained visitors visas for my other niece and my wife's sister without any problems.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 4:20 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I am thinking of taking my wife and two, kids to Uk during october half term.

Will they recognise for work status...Domestic engineer, ie full time house wife and mother of two school kids, no income but more than sufficient funds in her name in a UK bank account? We can show the kids are at school and need to return to complete their school term etc. Should have stated that the visit will be no more than 7 days. i do not want to purchase return air fares that cannot be refunded if a visa is declined. Booking a Hotel is easy enough as they will allow payment on arrival.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 6:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

A friend in UK about 9 years ago upon re-application for a tourist visa for his girlfriend from Cebu offered a £5,000 guarantee that she will return to the Philippines before the expiration of her visa. She got her visa. Worth a thought.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 7:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
A friend in UK about 9 years ago upon re-application for a tourist visa for his girlfriend from Cebu offered a £5,000 guarantee that she will return to the Philippines before the expiration of her visa. She got her visa. Worth a thought.
Don't understand how that works. Who did he offer the guarantee to?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 8:12 am
LPR
Forum Regular

Thanks for all the replies, it's given me some hope that the situation can be rectified. Now I have to try and console the girlfriend who is beating herself up over the fact that she is poor and has let me down.
Question for Mikek1, how did you go about appealing the decision? Any pointers would be appreciated.
Les
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

First don't ever buy tickets before a visa is given, unless it's completely refundable. Second I believe UK Gov stopped visit visa appeals a few years ago.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 10:38 am
LPR
Forum Regular

Yes Gazza, I've just read the letter they sent her and it does say there is no right of appeal. It seems a bit draconian for a so called civilized country. Maybe a case for the ECHR (if I win the lottery).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.