Moving to The Philippines

Old Jul 21st 2017, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to The Philippines

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Don't understand how that works. Who did he offer the guarantee to?
I have no idea, but I will dig out his contact and ask him. I know it was common practice with Indian students that that the sponsor ( be it the university or relative ) had to put up a guarantee, either in cash or equity that the student would leave the country prior to visa expire date.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by David Mashael
Don't understand how that works. Who did he offer the guarantee to?
Found the link to the Indian cash guarantee.
Indians to pay £3,000 cash bond deposit for U.K. visa - The Hindu
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:47 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

LPR is on a distinguished road

By the looks of it that plan was scrapped in 2013, which is a pity.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by LPR
Trust me to be 5 years behind the times.
Old Jul 21st 2017, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LPR
As I said earlier, there is no appeal for visit visa refusal. Put it down to experience and at least you know where you need to make your application stronger. I don't believe the finances will be an issue so long as you clearly state in the application that you will sponsor her visit and provide bank statements as evidence of your financial capacity to do that. The big issue is to do with convincing them that she will return after the visit. Don't use children, if she has any, as a reason. That will have the opposite effect, in that it will be assumed that she will look for work in UK to send money home to support them. She needs to have either a job, land, house, university or college studies, anything to show that she has a need to return after the visit. Good luck, whatever you decide.
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:06 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Les,

As I mentioned my appeal was a long time ago,, however my brother took his wife from China 2 years ago to the U.K. On a visitors visa without a problem. When her 6 months visit was about to expire he applied for an extension. The border control (they suggested she remain in the U.K. till the outcome of the request. The application was expensive £750, his request was declined.
Earlier this year he again applied for a visitors visa for her. This was declined on the basis that she had no funds, and was unlikely to return to China. The fact that she over stayed, despite the recommendation by Border Control was also a very negative factor in their decision. Incidentally she overstayed by 2 weeks.
When my brother was informed that the visa was declined, he decided to appeal. He was told that it is no longer possible to appeal, which bears out what a previous member correctly states.
Even though my brother married his Chinese wife (in China) ,and has a good job,house and funds ,when he applied for her to come to the U.K. on a spouse visa, that was declined because she failed the English test.
Seems to me that the authorities are certainly trying to make things more difficult for visa applicants

Last edited by mikek1; Jul 22nd 2017 at 1:12 am. Reason: Spelling mistakes
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 7:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Default position of the authorities is that they do not want to encoutrage foreigners to come here - unless they are REALLY rich !
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scot47
Default position of the authorities is that they do not want to encoutrage foreigners to come here - unless they are REALLY rich !
Or unless they are illegal immigrants, then every conceivable social benefit is proffered them
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

An awful lot of thread drift!
Old Jul 22nd 2017, 8:26 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

You're right David, we let all the undesirables into the country on "humanitarian grounds" but honest hard working people who just want to visit are rejected because they are too poor. As I said, this from a so called civilised country.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LPR
You're right David, we let all the undesirables into the country on "humanitarian grounds" but honest hard working people who just want to visit are rejected because they are too poor. As I said, this from a so called civilised country.
I know the moderators feel that we have drifted away from the thread, but I personally feel it is actually very relevant. We struggle to bring our wives to join us through legitimate channels and face endless bureaucracy and red tape, not to mention massive expense, only to be held at ransom by some totally disinterested immigration offer who holds our future in his hands. Whilst at the same time countless undesirables (good word by the way) are welcomed with open arms. I'm afraid UK has totally lost the plot.
Old Jul 23rd 2017, 9:25 pm
LPR
Forum Regular

Sorry I was hoping this would be a thread were I could discuss and get advise on all aspects of starting a life in the Philippines.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 12:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Les,

This site will definitely offer you a substantial insight into life in the Philippines. I suggest you read from the very beginning our learned colleague Xxxxxxxx account My Philippine family.
What Pete subscribes is so typical, and extremely true and factual. Anyone who has not lived or plans to stay in the Philippines should read all Peters threads.........it could save them a lot of anxiety, and money!!!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 26th 2017 at 10:28 pm. Reason: Requested. Name removed
Old Jul 24th 2017, 7:32 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikek1
Les,

This site will definitely offer you a substantial insight into life in the Philippines. I suggest you read from the very beginning our learned colleaguexxxxx account My Philippine family.
What Pete subscribes is so typical, and extremely true and factual. Anyone who has not lived or plans to stay in the Philippines should read all Peters threads.........it could save them a lot of anxiety, and money!!!
A recommended read for anyone thinking of moving here!

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 26th 2017 at 10:27 pm. Reason: Requested name removed
Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:44 am
LPR
Forum Regular

I agree, it was "Me and My Philippine Family" which got me hooked on this site.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.