Me and My Family

Old May 18th 2016, 5:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: Me and My Family

Looks like I am going to win my bet....................it will all end in tears. The pension episode and the buying of jewellery for herself would have brought the whole episode to a swift conclusion. I would have 'walked'.
Old May 19th 2016, 3:41 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Well , did wonder if things were OK. Sounds like they have realised the "Bank of Foreigner" is not an easy touch anymore! As sister hinted she wanted another loan , then found the money for both the fare and a small fish pond for "worm boy" that infers she was still looking on you as her ATM. Good for you for standing up to them but as scot47 and mikek1 say, it may be the start of the downward slope. How long did the pinoy pout last this time? Tell her if she goes back to Kuwait you expect her to start sending YOU money as you've supported her and her family for all this time! That should bring on a real pout!! Good luck with whatever you decide.
The only answer re the pension is that you pay the premiums and deduct it from her allowance. Hope things work out for you. We all appreciate your frankness in posting here and hopefully a few potential expats have a better idea of real life here in the Philippines.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:28 pm.
Old May 19th 2016, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks both for your responses.

Scot: You are wrong. I will not be paying the outstanding pension premium. I had her acting like a drama queen over the last few days when she went to get her jewelry valued for pawning. I ignored it. Her last throw of the dice was when she said she was going to go back to Kuwait so she can pay for her pension. I told her to do as she wished. This was on the same day she bought nearly 10k of jewelry. It was a bargain sale apparently. Telling her that created the pinay pout. Trying to pressure me with threats do not work.

Mike: I understand where you are coming from but.....why should I leave? I like this house and the nearby beach. If she feels my ATM is not big enough, she is the one that will be leaving. The pension thing is not quite over yet. The Philam rep will be contacting her that the policy will lapse on the 25th May if no payment is forthcoming. I told the rep to deal with her personally. I have washed my hands of the whole thing. We shall see what the outcome of that is. The whole episode is a big disappointment. She wanted a pension....so I got her one. Ok, I appear to have wasted nearly 20k, but the upside is....I am now saving nearly 10k per quarter. She has been told that her future pension will consist of pawning her beloved jewelry. Her problem. Not mine.

Regards

Old May 19th 2016, 4:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Quiltman,

She now understands that I do not respond to threats. During the pinay pout she got out all her Kuwait docs incl passport, etc. Posted something on fb about going to Japan which has advertised jobs at 66k per month. The episode lasted that evening and most of next day. I just got on with life.

Yes, it maybe a downward slope.....but its not the end of the world.

All is back to normal now. Off to Bacolod tomorrow with her to renew my visa.

Regards

Old May 19th 2016, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

, just out of interest what pension are you paying, is it SSS. I would never pay anything other than SSS as they are just a con and will unlikely be still around when the time come. The govermant SSS never lapses as you just get the amount appropriate to the number of year paid in. My wife whilst out shopping without me signed up to one of these plans, she's now out by over 100k as the company folded just after she finished paying in. It may have been before she finish but the direct debit remained in force.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 9:57 pm.
Old May 20th 2016, 2:55 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

good on you! She has to realise she's much better off WITH you than without you.
A job for 66K in Japan sounds good but it's not much for there - by the time she has paid for food and lodging there will not be much left over to send back here!
As you say, you're happy where you are so it's up to her to decide - I notice there's no mention of watermelon recently?
Enjoy your weekend.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 9:57 pm.
Old May 20th 2016, 5:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Had a couple of hints for money. Her father broke the glass on his phone and wanted a new one. Her sister who owes me 7k wanted to attend a function a couple of hours away and couldn't afford the 180 peso return fare. The hints were ignored. She miraculously found the money anyway. Also enough to have a small fish pond built for her son "worm boy".
From what I understand about 'worm boy', this maybe more than just a fish pond, it might also double up as a 'keep fresh, open all hours Sushi snack bar'.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:44 pm.
Old May 21st 2016, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for your replies.

Gazza: She did have a pension with Philam Life. Yes, I have heard that story before from someone else. I was recommended to Philam by someone and they appear to be a reputable and successful company. I believe SS do not offer much in the way of pension in the little research I have done and I think she can pay a max of about 2k pm as self-employed. But that's from memory. But I hear what you are saying. And water under the bridge now. Sadly.

Quiltman: I think she has gone off the Japan option. To earn that salary she has to undergo 6 months training.....which I think she has probably done by doing a 4 yr stint in Kuwait. But she has to learn Japanese also..... Water-melon! She has since realized some time ago I do not need water melon. Although I enjoy the odd water melon now and then. But being force fed the stuff was a bit OTT! I mean, a bucket full a day was a little bit too much.

Stokkevn. Had to smile at the sushi comment. Worm boy is still eating well and still thin as a rake. He has stopped showing off his circumcision to all and sundry. Apparently the customers at the local big store here were not amused. Nor was his mother. Yes....she is the one who lives rent free...pays nothing to what she uses in utilities....owes 7k. And waddles into my house at will.

Got my 6 month extension yesterday. For the sake of family unity, she paid for her uncle to come back with us and her brothers wife and small child. Her heart is in the right place as far as her family is concerned. Why her father could not do that with his new found wealth is beyond me. Maybe its because he spent it all on a new expensive phone, Cignal TV and a trip to Cebu for his family. Odd priorities to me. I noted my lovely lady spent 1.8 k on facial make-up. Money flows like water here. Except when they run out.

All for now

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 9:58 pm.
Old May 21st 2016, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies.

Gazza: She did have a pension with Philam Life. Yes, I have heard that story before from someone else. I was recommended to Philam by someone and they appear to be a reputable and successful company. I believe SS do not offer much in the way of pension in the little research I have done and I think she can pay a max of about 2k pm as self-employed. But that's from memory. But I hear what you are saying. And water under the bridge now. Sadly.

Quiltman: I think she has gone off the Japan option. To earn that salary she has to undergo 6 months training.....which I think she has probably done by doing a 4 yr stint in Kuwait. But she has to learn Japanese also..... Water-melon! She has since realized some time ago I do not need water melon. Although I enjoy the odd water melon now and then. But being force fed the stuff was a bit OTT! I mean, a bucket full a day was a little bit too much.

Stokkevn. Had to smile at the sushi comment. Worm boy is still eating well and still thin as a rake. He has stopped showing off his circumcision to all and sundry. Apparently the customers at the local big store here were not amused. Nor was his mother. Yes....she is the one who lives rent free...pays nothing to what she uses in utilities....owes 7k. And waddles into my house at will.

Got my 6 month extension yesterday. For the sake of family unity, she paid for her uncle to come back with us and her brothers wife and small child. Her heart is in the right place as far as her family is concerned. Why her father could not do that with his new found wealth is beyond me. Maybe its because he spent it all on a new expensive phone, Cignal TV and a trip to Cebu for his family. Odd priorities to me. I noted my lovely lady spent 1.8 k on facial make-up. Money flows like water here. Except when they run out.

All for now
Hence the phrase 'One day millionaires'

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:44 pm.
Old May 24th 2016, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Greetings!

Yesterday, I thought today I would be writing my final post
Two nights ago, my lovely lady had another Pinay Pout ..... I had no idea why. That evening she put a lovely post on her fb about us going to Maldives for honeymoon. This as expected prompted lots of great comments etc. She was her normal happy self. Later she had gone into a Pout for no discernible reason. I asked what was up...as usual, no reply. Yesterday morning, Pout was still there so I just ignored it.....as you do. Later that morning, she announced solemnly that she was going to go to Bacolod tomorrow (today) to prepare to go back to Kuwait. She said (tearfully) that she needs to go back and earn money for herself. Told her that if she goes, then I will get her father to remove her possessions from my house. More tears. Later in the early afternoon, she said she was going to go to Bacolod that afternoon. I told her to go....I was off to the beach for lunch and a few beers. I said goodbye....then more tears. Long story now short....She accompanied me to the beach and spent an hour or so there. She told me she was frightened of the future with no money. Now, I think this all came about because her pension advisor contacted her to tell her she will lose her pension if she does not pay the premium by the 25th of this month. I reassured her (again) that I promised to take care of her whilst she was with me. So....after her mini drama. All is well again. She is back to her happy self. But the premium remains unpaid.

I have no idea what gets into her mind. 99% of the time she is as perfect as anyone can wish. A caring, loving, attentive lady. But as a 34 year old she can be very immature.

I have noticed for the last couple of months or so that she seems to have become unpopular with her family. Coinciding with their lack of visits. She appears to run the family and her word seems to be final. Shame really. She spent 4 years as an OFW providing for them and prior to that 3 years in Manila. She pays their 3k rent, I pay for her fathers medication 2k per month. As you know, she constantly gives them food. She recently re-united her family as I mentioned a few posts ago. Her brothers 2 y/o son who has also been re-united has been provided with a baby push bike. By her.....3k I believe. Her eldest sister...the one who waddles at will through my house...also seems not to engage her much also. Strange. For a woman who has provided so much over the years to be treated in that way.

Anyway....I was told a few pages ago to write something joyful and nice about Sipalay.

Here goes: Went to the beach last night as per usual with my lovely lady which was nice...had a coupla beers...watched a few dogs evacuate on the beach....and came home. Sunset was nice though.

All for now.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 24th 2017 at 2:34 am.
Old May 24th 2016, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I have noticed for the last couple of months or so that she seems to have become unpopular with her family. Coinciding with their lack of visits. She appears to run the family and her word seems to be final. Shame really. She spent 4 years as an OFW providing for them and prior to that 3 years in Manila. She pays their 3k rent, I pay for her fathers medication 2k per month. As you know, she constantly gives them food. She recently re-united her family as I mentioned a few posts ago. Her brothers 2 y/o son who has also been re-united has been provided with a baby push bike. By her.....3k I believe. Her eldest sister...the one who waddles at will through my house...also seems not to engage her much also. Strange. For a woman who has provided so much over the years to be treated in that way.
This is normally born out of jealousy, one member of the family feels grieved that they do not seem to be receiving their share of her wealth and others do, so they stop speaking to them and her, Chinese whispers start and it ends up everyone jealous of everybody else and no one speaking to anyone.

Last edited by BEVS; Oct 11th 2017 at 10:45 pm.
Old May 24th 2016, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
This is normally born out of jealousy, one member of the family feels grieved that they do not seem to be receiving their share of her wealth and others do, so they stop speaking to them and her, Chinese whispers start and it ends up everyone jealous of everybody else and no one speaking to anyone.
When the greavy starts to run they expect it to run forever. When it stops it's not 'ok it was good while it lasted' it all gets very nasty. They will think you still have the money and maybe giving it to someone else. The attitude is one of expect rather than thank you.
Old May 24th 2016, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

I think the answer to all the family problems might be that you and your 'lovely lady' move away from them. Give yourself some space. I know you have invested in the rental property but its no good crying over spilt milk, and it could well be a salvation.

Regarding her not happy to be without money, as she considered selling her jewellery and not wasting money on more? You say she pays her parents rent.............don't you mean you pay the rent, it only comes out the allowance you give her.

I am quietly betting you end up paying the premium for the pension..............tomorrow.

Chin Up,

Mikek

Old May 25th 2016, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Mikek,

Yes...you are right. In retrospect living near to her family was a bad choice. Someone once said that I should live closest to her village....but in a different country. A fair warning to anyone else considering living with their gf. But I did it because she had spent 7 years away from her family and figured it was the right thing to do. Oh for 20/20 hindsight!

Re the jewelry. She has always considered it as an investment. Fair point. Its always pawnable although she did not pawn to pay for her pension. But that is now finished. I sent a message the other day to our agent who looks after my life insurance and her pension to find out what happens if she did not pay. She is a friend of ours and not replied back. I guess she will be upset about losing her commission if the pension plan has lapsed. Might be difficult getting another plan in the future. But that's her problem.

Yes indeed...it is me paying her allowance and therefore my money paying the rent. Her 8k personal allowance is now spent thus: 3k rent, 3k for a second tv and 2k for her expensive mobile phone. Her choice. She also gets 25k for rent and food etc.

She decided to make another impromptu visit to her parents house last night. I decided to go with her to see whats going on. Normally she is gone about an hour. This lasted 5 mins. The kids were pleased to see me with high 5's etc, her father presented me with a beer...which I politely declined. Didn't want to be offended again by having to return it later. I was invited in but declined which I normally do because its a small house and too hot for me to sit. No idea what the visit was about.

I mentioned previously that we seem to be shunned by the family for whatever reason. Worm boy, her eldest sisters son used to sit with us during the evenings until he fell asleep. That happens no more. Her eldest sister who used to waddle frequently through the house rarely does so now. As I mentioned they both live adjoining our house. Strange.

Finally, I have not mentioned this before. A few weeks ago during the pension payment drama, I noticed my lovely lady chatting on her phone. Not unusual...she is forever chatting in her spare time. Difficult to understand the conversation as its always in Illongo and text speak. But I picked up on this. It was to an ex-OFW in Bacolod where she needs to go to prepare to work overseas. She replied to her friend...25/26th. Her friend mentioned a local hotel costing 1.4k per night and "its home from home" My mind worked overtime on that. Maybe I am putting 2 and 2 together making 5. 25th of each month is when she gets her household and personal allowance. One reason why I thought it odd that she was going to leave a few days ago without her allowance.

She has been chatting this morning to her OFW friend and has just made another flying visit to her families house. Interesting....!

Finally. I mentioned sometime ago that her ex employer in Kuwait wants her back with enhanced pay. Her ex-employer is expecting another baby this month and wants her to be her nanny. All coincidences? We shall see. But she spent most of yesterday morning re-potting all her plants and getting me to re-align the tv aerial.

Regard

Old May 25th 2016, 3:49 am
Just Joined

KevinTREvans is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

I've been following your thread for a long time now but not commenting much.

If I had a gf in the UK that starting acting the way your partner is I'd be thinking she is preparing to leave. It could be as simple as your not spending as much money anymore on her and her family and the relationship is not financially viable anymore. I hope this is not the case but from my own experiance in Thailand and makati love and emotional commitment with south East Asian girls is something that can have a monetary value put on it.

Like I said I hope am wrong and maybe I've met the wrong girls and I know you can't judge everyone the same but I also think security and money stability is reason to start and end a relationship in south east Asia. There are a lot of shallow women in the world dude.

Kevin

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 11th 2017 at 9:59 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.