Me and My Family

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Dorothy...

Thanks for that. I cannot read all of the article because a "log in" is required. But there are many other articles on the subject which I have read. Hopefully assuming the link is established to her abdominal pains and after the prerequisite medication all will be well. The Cancer clearance was a relief to us both and after the PAP test in a few weeks time hopefully all will be well also.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 7:47 pm
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Dorothy...

Thanks for that. I cannot read all of the article because a "log in" is required. But there are many other articles on the subject which I have read. Hopefully assuming the link is established to her abdominal pains and after the prerequisite medication all will be well. The Cancer clearance was a relief to us both and after the PAP test in a few weeks time hopefully all will be well also.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards
Given some of the causes of cervicitis, it might be an idea for you to get checked out too - if it is caused by an STI, you wouldn't want to keep reinfecting each other. Hope the diagnosis is shown to be the cause of her ailments, there's not a lot worse than just not knowing why someone is suffering.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dreamy...

As I said, I assumed it was cervicitis from what she told me but that word was not used when describing the diagnosis to me from the doctor. Just said it was an infection of the cervix caused by an aggressive form of UTI. But yes.....I also saw that some of the causes could be an STI and thankfully....I have no symptoms. However, I have no idea why she needs a course of 6 injections and research has told me that 2 or 3 is the norm. STI is normally 1 or 2.

Since her first injection last week there appears to be a small improvement on her symptoms.....the first for a few months. A positive step. She is certainly more happy in her demeanor despite having outlined the ramifications of our finances at the moment.

Her two boys made a visit today ....This made me happy. And her.

Regards
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 1:21 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dreamy...

As I said, I assumed it was cervicitis from what she told me but that word was not used when describing the diagnosis to me from the doctor. Just said it was an infection of the cervix caused by an aggressive form of UTI. But yes.....I also saw that some of the causes could be an STI and thankfully....I have no symptoms. However, I have no idea why she needs a course of 6 injections and research has told me that 2 or 3 is the norm. STI is normally 1 or 2.

Since her first injection last week there appears to be a small improvement on her symptoms.....the first for a few months. A positive step. She is certainly more happy in her demeanor despite having outlined the ramifications of our finances at the moment.

Regards
You don't need to have symptoms to have chlamydia. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...nowledge-panel
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Dreamy...

Regards
6 injections are most likely not the amount required but were the amount that the doctor thought he could get get away with charging you for. A friend here had water on the knee, he was told he required a saline drip and two days in hospital, in the real world your GP will put a drain in and tell you to come back in a couple of days. The local judge's driver spent two night in hospital ( P10k later ) for acid reflux. I gave him a packet of Gaviscon ( P280 ) the next time he got it. He reckoned the Gaviscon was more effective.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 1:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dorothy....

You are correct. However chlamydia is treated orally by either tablet or by medicine. She is having a course of injections.

Stokkevn. I agree with you. This is a private hospital and I have now seen in the two hospitals where she was admitted they spare no expense even to the point of OTT. However, that is my unprofessional opinion. They appear to milk every peso they can get. But, I intend to go with her on maybe her 2nd or 3rd visit to find out what they are giving her. As I am giving 1750 peso per injection, it may be her that's milking me. Not unheard of. However, each injection contains two vials so maybe 900 peso per vial is not so bad. One I believe is for the cervix infection the other for UTI.....but I am guessing on that.

Regards
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 1:59 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy....

You are correct. However chlamydia is treated orally by either tablet or by medicine. She is having a course of injections.

Gonorrhea and chlamydia are bacterial STDs/STIs that can be treated with antibiotics given either orally or by injection. Because the infections often occur together, people who have one infection are typically treated for both by their health care provider. Recent sexual partners should be treated at the same time.
https://www.nichd.nih.gov/health/top...ninfo/specific
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 2:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy....

Stokkevn. I agree with you. This is a private hospital and I have now seen in the two hospitals where she was admitted they spare no expense even to the point of OTT. However, that is my unprofessional opinion. They appear to milk every peso they can get. But, I intend to go with her on maybe her 2nd or 3rd visit to find out what they are giving her. As I am giving 1750 peso per injection, it may be her that's milking me. Not unheard of. However, each injection contains two vials so maybe 900 peso per vial is not so bad. One I believe is for the cervix infection the other for UTI.....but I am guessing on that.

Regards
My wife's doctor in the 'big city' says that he will not treat foreigners as they ask too many questions. Sort of says it all really. When I was back in the UK about 6 years ago he admitted her for one week for a pollen allergy. I brought back a load of Piriteze which she takes for about 10 days each year when something in the jungle here is in flower. Even she is starting to think that the health system here is a con.
Old Feb 23rd 2019, 11:55 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Dorothy....

Regards
B12 can be given orally too. However I get it by injection .

My point was that if she is being treated for a STI then you should be at least tested, if not treated as well. There's no sense in treating her if you are just going to reinfect her. And many STIs do not show symptoms, so a blood test is the only way to know if you have it.

If it were my partner of 4 years I'd be asking some hard questions about where it came from in the first place. And I certainly would not be paying for his treatment until I was satisfied with the explanation.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 12:42 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
My wife's doctor in the 'big city' says that he will not treat foreigners as they ask too many questions. Sort of says it all really. When I was back in the UK about 6 years ago he admitted her for one week for a pollen allergy. I brought back a load of Piriteze which she takes for about 10 days each year when something in the jungle here is in flower. Even she is starting to think that the health system here is a con.
In Chong Hua (Cebu) the doctors encourage you, to ask questions. They give the answers, in plain language. The last time I was admitted, my thoughts were, that my medication had failed. My prime physician's view, it was something else. She knew I was worried, and suggested a simple ultrasound, to put my mind at rest. Cost P3000 I agreed to it. P3000 well spent for the peace of mind it gave me. It ruled out a blood clot to the brain. Oh and Chong Hua automatically discount, for Senior Citizens for medication when admitted. However, the hospital drug price, is higher than outside, and thus it works out, much the same.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
In Chong Hua (Cebu) the doctors encourage you, to ask questions. They give the answers, in plain language. The last time I was admitted, my thoughts were, that my medication had failed. My prime physician's view, it was something else. She knew I was worried, and suggested a simple ultrasound, to put my mind at rest. Cost P3000 I agreed to it. P3000 well spent for the peace of mind it gave me. It ruled out a blood clot to the brain. Oh and Chong Hua automatically discount, for Senior Citizens for medication when admitted. However, the hospital drug price, is higher than outside, and thus it works out, much the same.
That is good that they encourage questions, I like to know how I got whatever it is and what do I need to do with my life style to mitigate/get rid of it.
Old Feb 24th 2019, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

S.O.S....

Thanks for that. Fortunately I have no qualms about STI's having seen all the previous test reports. Just mention of slightly overlarged liver, high pancreas levels plus the UTI and cervix infection. Not seen anything on her latest visit however, but she knows that I will be going with her in a couple of weeks to have a chat with her gynecologist about her condition and treatment. She is very happy with that....

Moving on....

She has decided not to progress further with the doctor investigating her abdominal pains as she has been convinced by the gyno that its due to the aggressive UTI. I would have preferred to have closed the chapter on that one with a final visit with the test results. Also said it would save valuable money which gave me a little lift.....but hope its not false economy.

Again, I agree with the comments questioning the doctor. Its one thing knowing what you are suffering from....but quite another and perhaps more importantly how it can be avoided in the future. Something on which we Westerners comes naturally. It seems the Filipinos do not like asking questions....perhaps its because they do not like answering them.

Today has seen another improvement in her demeanor and is full of the joys of spring. Not seen her like this for a long time....and long may it continue.

Thanks all...
Old Mar 8th 2019, 3:03 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Phi11

I've not checked your thread in a while as I've been consumed with talking with, caring for and attending medicals with my eldest daughter who has an aggressive breast cancer. I've been busy as you can imagine.

I see you've not posted since February. How is your wife and just as importantly, how is your health? Have there been an positive results?

Rita
Old Mar 9th 2019, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Rete....

Thanks for your comment. First of all, may I send you and your eldest daughter very best wishes. You are both going through a traumatic and difficult time which makes my problems pale into insignificance. Yet, you have found the time and interest to contribute here with your very helpful comments. I am sure that I will be speaking for all the contributors here to wish your daughter well and for a speedy recovery.

I have not commented here for a while because I have nothing of great interest to add which does not generate any interest here.. However, I can tell you my wife has progressed well with her course of injections and I now have my lovely lady of old back. She is bright, cheerful and has a spring in her step. My ex-pat friends here have mentioned her transformation to me on numerous occasions and I can tell you, its a heavy burden lifted off my shoulders.

Its no secret that this has had an effect on my health over the past few months dealing with her ill-health, medical and hospital expenses and of course her business debts. The sad loss of her beloved puppy had a great impact on her and of course the loss of my credit/ATM cards came at exactly the wrong time when I needed money the most. I lost about 5kg in weight in those few months and had many many sleepless nights. I still do....fretting about future finances and what bolt from the blue may rear its ugly head next. However, on a positive note, life is now on the up with her health problems nearly solved and her all her business debts paid.

Moving on....

Despite all the positive news I still sense there are a couple of issues bubbling under which I will not go into yet. As previously mentioned, I have a keen sense of suspicion nowadays but maybe without foundation. I have been wrong before. But I have made provisional plans to leave the Philippines if the need arises and my wife is fully aware that any more financial disasters will necessitate leaving here to find work back in the UK.....or even relocate to somewhere else such as Cambodia or Korea. Not because I want to....but I have to. And I can say here and now, if that happens.....my relationship with my wife and the Philippines will be over for good.

Now heres an interesting thing... all expats here are watching my back knowing my circumstances. One guy spoke to me in confidence and assured me that if the worst scenario happens and I end up in jail on trumped up charges, he can get me out with one phone call. He claims to be an agent of some sort but maybe independent of the Philippines. His role here is anti-human trafficking and I also believe in drug smuggling. He showed me an ID card which was quickly flashed before me and I have reason to believe he was in involved in a human trafficking bust here at one of the resorts early last year. Anyway....that's all taken with a pinch of salt but he has no reason to lie.

Thinks that's all for now....Again....thanks for your interest. Special thanks to Rete...

Regards

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Mar 9th 2019 at 5:59 am.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 2:01 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, P11. We do what we must, as you well know. Glad your LL has found relief from her medical issues. It's not easy living on a fixed income and having no way to replenish deleted accounts.

Be well and I'll check in periodically to see how things go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.