Me and My Family

Old Nov 15th 2019, 4:04 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Me and My Family

Originally Posted by Dorothy
P11, I don't think anyone is suggesting you go back to the UK. I think it's being suggested that you find another place where your pensions will be enough to live on without the constant checking over your shoulder for what's going to happen next. Cambodia, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia have been mentioned. They're all beautiful countries where you could live by the beach and enjoy your retirement.

Honestly, I don't see an amicable split in your future. Maybe you want it to be amicable, but your wife has proven to you over and over that she cannot be trusted. If it were me, I would always have to wonder what new scheme she was cooking up. Con artists don't do amicable.
Income requirements for Thailand are tough these days for many what with the pound being so low. Show 20k sterling in a thai bank account before visa renewal, of which 10k must remain untouched all year round , or monthly income of around 1700 gbp. Although if you have a Thai wife the requirements are a lot less, and it's Thailand so there's always ways round things with under the table payments etc.

I belive Malaysia has tougher requirements than Thailand under the MM2H program.

The impression I've got is that P11 doesn't have much spare cash so that's going to be an issue.

Got no idea about Indonesia , but Cambodia is somewhere I've visited many times over the years, although admittedly not for nearly ten now. Always liked it. It is easy to stay long term and it is cheap . But I've always seen it as a place to visit, not to live. The grinding poverty of many, lack of decent health care if something goes wrong, and now the mass influx of the Chinese in some areas would put me off.

Has P11 considered places like Portugal, Cyprus, Greece etc. Also cheap and fairly decent weather.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 7:26 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
I belive Malaysia has tougher requirements than Thailand under the MM2H program.
The income requirement for an MM2H application is that you have a monthly income equivalent to MYR10,000. Which, at the current exchange rate, is about GBP 1,870. Besides that you have to proof that you own a certain amount of liquid assets (MYR 350,000 for applicants above age 50). There are also some non-financial requirements. Once your application has been approved you have to deposit MYR150,000 in a fixed deposit at a Malaysian bank.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

WiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really nice

MM2H Sarawak could work for him. But... He will most likely fail the requirement to have a functional Pair of Balls/Eggs, or Spine.

Sorry I couldn't help myself...LoL.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 10:13 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WiredTight
MM2H Sarawak could work for him. But... He will most likely fail the requirement to have a functional Pair of Balls/Eggs, or Spine.

Caring too much and trying to make something work with someone he loved isn't spineless. Misguided in this situation maybe.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 12:17 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

If P11 likes the Philippines why should he leave? I don't think not getting along with an ex is a valid reason to leave a country you have decided to make your home in, if it was pretty soon some people would have run out of countries they can go to!
Good luck and I hope everything works out and you continue with a legal split that doesn't cost £££££s
Old Nov 15th 2019, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Interestingly, the doctor gave her a prescription before she had completed her lab tests. That came to about 4k from memory and I instructed her to get the lab tests done first without buying the meds. She was then told by me to take lab report to another doctor which she is going to do. I just found it odd that a doctor would offer a prescription without first seeing lab test reports. Lab test is for liver function (she had that done before when admitted to hospital), high BP and Cholesterol. Her meds was for all 3. She may not have problems with cholesterol or liver function, Seems stupid to waste money on something not required. I suspect her high BP is due to stress only. Or being physocotic....(sp)
Doctors here do scatter gun prescribe tablets/ointments etc. on the principle that one of them might do some good for anything they may have missed diagnosed. When my wife had brain surgery a few months ago I cornered the doctor and queried the 11 different tablets on the prescription, after quite a few "Well", "Errr", "Umm"s we got them down to two, omitting the several different vitamin tablets in case she had a bad diet, the diabetes tablets as she did not have diabetes, the high cholesterol tablets that the lab tests showed she did not require and the tablets and for constipation which even he struggled to defend prescribing them. The only doctor I would use would be our local health center one who is free and thus has no financial advantage prescribing more than required, my wife went there years ago with the thought of having to have a liver transplant ( something she had seen on TV ), quick examination came to the conclusion that she ate too much, took too little exercise and was overweight and did not need a liver transplant, I agreed with him, but he was still removed from the Xmas card list.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 12:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Doctors here do scatter gun prescribe tablets/ointments etc. on the principle that one of them might do some good for anything they may have missed diagnosed. When my wife had brain surgery a few months ago I cornered the doctor and queried the 11 different tablets on the prescription, after quite a few "Well", "Errr", "Umm"s we got them down to two, omitting the several different vitamin tablets in case she had a bad diet, the diabetes tablets as she did not have diabetes, the high cholesterol tablets that the lab tests showed she did not require and the tablets and for constipation which even he struggled to defend prescribing them. The only doctor I would use would be our local health center one who is free and thus has no financial advantage prescribing more than required, my wife went there years ago with the thought of having to have a liver transplant ( something she had seen on TV ), quick examination came to the conclusion that she ate too much, took too little exercise and was overweight and did not need a liver transplant, I agreed with him, but he was still removed from the Xmas card list.
I'm guessing it was your wife who took him off the Christmas card list

Re (over) prescribing drugs, I had a similar experience recently in Thailand. I think the standard of health care and facilities there is excellent, but the hotel's doctor was a bit, let's say 'ambitious' in the amount and type of drugs he prescribed and provided. I just had a fever and the runs, probably linked to buying and eating a sticky rice and condensed milk ice-cream from a boat vendor in the middle of the river the day before.

The paracetamol and hydrolite he gave me were understandable and appreciated. The drug to stop me vomiting was a bit of a puzzle as I hadn't thrown up at all, but ok. Then there was Tamiflu, an anti-viral drug 'just in case I had the flu'. And a drug to settle my tummy in case the drugs upset it. And a sedative to help me sleep (I'd been asleep for 12 hours before he came!). And three other drugs that I can't remember off the top of my head. And a charge for writing a certificate for my travel insurer. In Australian dollars the visit was cheap at $40, all the rest came to nearly $600! (roughly 23,000 Philippine peso). I really wasn't in any fit state to argue so I just signed everything. It didn't work out too badly as my Oz travel insurer reimbursed the lot less my $200 excess.

So yes, beware doctors bearing multiple prescriptions is a good message!

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Nov 15th 2019 at 1:02 pm.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 1:37 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

You do realise that adding "Lol" at the end of an insult doesn't make it a joke, right?

P11 has tried to make his marriage work. Does that mean he has not got functional testicles or a spine? Well, then I guess the vast majority of men are spineless eunuchs then and considering you have a female partner/girlfriend it stands to reason you'd fall into that category as well.
Sorry I couldn't help myself...Lol
Old Nov 15th 2019, 2:24 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I'm guessing it was your wife who took him off the Christmas card list

Re (over) prescribing drugs, I had a similar experience recently in Thailand. I think the standard of health care and facilities there is excellent, but the hotel's doctor was a bit, let's say 'ambitious' in the amount and type of drugs he prescribed and provided. I just had a fever and the runs, probably linked to buying and eating a sticky rice and condensed milk ice-cream from a boat vendor in the middle of the river the day before.

The paracetamol and hydrolite he gave me were understandable and appreciated. The drug to stop me vomiting was a bit of a puzzle as I hadn't thrown up at all, but ok. Then there was Tamiflu, an anti-viral drug 'just in case I had the flu'. And a drug to settle my tummy in case the drugs upset it. And a sedative to help me sleep (I'd been asleep for 12 hours before he came!). And three other drugs that I can't remember off the top of my head. And a charge for writing a certificate for my travel insurer. In Australian dollars the visit was cheap at $40, all the rest came to nearly $600! (roughly 23,000 Philippine peso). I really wasn't in any fit state to argue so I just signed everything. It didn't work out too badly as my Oz travel insurer reimbursed the lot less my $200 excess.

So yes, beware doctors bearing multiple prescriptions is a good message!
Private hospitals are a license to print money in Thailand. Obviously it doesn't matter as the insurance paid, but any pharmacy, 2 bob clinic would have sorted you out for $5.

There are excellent hospitals in Thailand, but sadly the vast majority of the population don't have the means to go there.

Be prepared to wait at any government hospital. Having said that , both my children were born at provincial government hospitals and I have no complaints whatsoever. A good doctor is a good doctor anywhere.
Old Nov 15th 2019, 2:42 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Private hospitals are a license to print money in Thailand. Obviously it doesn't matter as the insurance paid, but any pharmacy, 2 bob clinic would have sorted you out for $5.

There are excellent hospitals in Thailand, but sadly the vast majority of the population don't have the means to go there.

Be prepared to wait at any government hospital. Having said that , both my children were born at provincial government hospitals and I have no complaints whatsoever. A good doctor is a good doctor anywhere.
I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that post nonthaburi! It's good to know about going to clinics and pharmacies, thanks. Although on this particular occasion I don't think I'd have made it out of the hotel before having a very embarrassing accident (sorry, TMI). You're spot on regarding good doctors and I'm glad that you and your wife had such good care. I still think about Hua Hin, my goodness what a fantastic place for a no stress, wonderful holiday.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 5:19 am
BE Enthusiast

RedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond reputeRedApe has a reputation beyond repute

MM2H Sarawak could work for him. But... .
It might suit him...English speaking, nice people. Quite peaceful with low crime rate. Good healthcare and affordable clinics.

Sarawak offers 5 year visa. He could likely come over...do a few visa runs to see if it suits him and to find a local sponsor in Kuching. Unlike some who have to rush-rush- he has the time to make friends who will likely do it as a favor. He might want to wait off on the beach life - but could likely find a place that's affordable to rent. But the beaches are well away from the malls and supermarkets...unless he wants to look into Miri.

Single applicants must show pension and or liquid income of RM7000 (~ £1300) OR place RM100,000 (£18,7000) in a fixed deposit. Health check to show no VD or drug addictions. Visa annually is RM90 (`£17) so cost over 5 years about £85. UK and most Commonwealth applicants don't have to pay a Journey Performed fee. It's a lot cheaper than the Peninsular MM2H or Sabah MM2H...which now requires everyone to submit a fixed deposit.
Old Nov 16th 2019, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

WiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really niceWiredTight is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dorothy
You do realise that adding "Lol" at the end of an insult doesn't make it a joke, right?
Dorothy,
LoL LOL Hahaha.... I can appreciated your reply. My LOL reflects P11 whole time in the RP, not just his brief married time. Sometimes a Sarcastic/Cruel/Insult Joke is enough to zing some sense back into as situation.
For instance... Last week I locked myself out of my apartment, after a significant amount time and money, I found a lock smith to fianlly unlock my door (unlocked under 30 secs). The next day I was telling a couple friends what happened (perhaps for a bit of sympathy)... Instead of someone telling me I was a Good Guy, or "It happens to everyone"...I was promptly called a P'ucking Idiot and other Insulting comments. After I stopped laughing, I thanked my friends, and the next day I handed over a 2nd set of keys to a trusted friend/neighbor.

If I was to ever sit down with P11 in the real world, I would most likely offer him a hand shake, a beer...and a small box labelled "P11's balls" as a gift.

Sorry I couldn't help myself...LoL LOL hahaha

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 16th 2019 at 9:53 pm. Reason: quotes. meh
Old Nov 16th 2019, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I was actually thinking of you when I wrote that post nonthaburi! It's good to know about going to clinics and pharmacies, thanks. Although on this particular occasion I don't think I'd have made it out of the hotel before having a very embarrassing accident (sorry, TMI). You're spot on regarding good doctors and I'm glad that you and your wife had such good care. I still think about Hua Hin, my goodness what a fantastic place for a no stress, wonderful holiday.
That's okay. Think we've all been there .......

Ditto Hua Hin. Was there 2 weeks ago and will be back there in 6.
Old Nov 17th 2019, 8:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Very many thanks for taking the time and effort for your detailed comment. The loan was taken out by her for money lending at 12%......she borrowed at 10%. She has the names of the supposed two girls who have done a runner. I believe they were friends. Strangely enough I still have not heard from the creditor for a number of days now.....and my wife has not mentioned her nor the loan. Maybe something is hatching or indeed a collusion between the two of them to extort money from me. I should add that the loan was taken out before our marriage and without my consent

As far as our wedding was concerned....yes. we jumped through all the hoops and I have with me here all the documentation and it has been recorded at PSA. I have grounds for annulment but hoping the marriage can be declared void if evidence of bigamy is proved.

Many thanks again!
I have no idea why you wish to continue to put yourself through all this, leave the country and wherever you go when sufficient time established for jurisdiction just file for divorce- as long as you stay in PI she will continue to cause problems and issues.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings...

Quick update.

Still in temp accommodation with a local family who are relatives of a very good ex pat friend here. Not the best accommodation but the friendliness of the family more than makes up for it. But that is in the Filipino culture. Looking for something permanent so I can put some fresh roots down. I have now established a good group of friends and I am happy to remain here.

Rumours abound at the moment...

The latest and perhaps more laughable is that my wife has converted to the Muslim faith. No idea where that stems from, but if its true, I would summize that her bf is Muslim.

Had positive proof from a well meaning friend that my marriage was illegal and was asked to check various details on my marriage paperwork. This I did but he admitted that his positive proof was wrong. Anyway, I intend to check with PSA soon if she was married under a different name. Long shot...but worth the punt.

It has come to my ears also that she is telling her creditors that I am on vacation and will be back in December to pay them. More lies if true. The major creditor (191K) knows that is not true. All quiet on that front.

Still trying to verify her place of work. She will come up with an address soon. No Employment Contract...etc. Got details of her pay statements etc but are handwritten with no address etc. The forms could have been bought anywhere.

She has produced a doctors prescription ...whom I trust that she has high blood pressure . Medication costing 4k this month. BP is stated as 180/100. Slightly different on the other arm as 160/ 80.

Anyway...think that's all for now. The next problem is to get her out of the house which is costing me 12k pm. Contract expires in January. Non-renewable.

Thanks again for all your inputs....Most appreciated!

Regards

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.