marrying philippine g/f

Old Jun 5th 2010, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

deerhunter74 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default marrying philippine g/f

hi folks im interested in contacting members who have married ladies from sth east asia' im considering marrying long term g/f in the philippines next december.... with a view to returning back to the uk can anyone shed any advice on requirments for obtaing a visa 4 my g/f new wife ..... and general information i have had a look on the british embassy website in manila but have not found anything relating to marrige' would i be better of contacting the philippines embassy in london i sem to be at a loose end
Old Jun 6th 2010, 1:05 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: marrying philippine g/f

Sorry Deerhunter I have been away a short while. I have replied by PM.
Old Jun 16th 2010, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

mattwilkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Im not only married in the Philippines i live here... if you want any help from the paperwork to assistance in sorting the wedding out without a hitch drop me a PM.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 1:46 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

One of the important things to do is both of you keep any correspondence you have and have some photographs to prove a longstanding relationship. If the girl is from an impoverished background then of course her intentions will be in question and a visa will be difficult but not impossible.
It is her they are interested in not you, remember that.
I know some chaps with financial difficulties who have wished that the Embassy had denied their wives a visa in the first place!
Best advice would be to spend time with your girlfriend here in the Philippines and discover your possible responsibilities.

Originally Posted by deerhunter74
hi folks im interested in contacting members who have married ladies from sth east asia' im considering marrying long term g/f in the philippines next december.... with a view to returning back to the uk can anyone shed any advice on requirments for obtaing a visa 4 my g/f new wife ..... and general information i have had a look on the british embassy website in manila but have not found anything relating to marrige' would i be better of contacting the philippines embassy in london i sem to be at a loose end
Old Jun 19th 2010, 6:27 am
Banned

Bijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond reputeBijilo123 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sunnydays
I know some chaps with financial difficulties who have wished that the Embassy had denied their wives a visa in the first place!
Brilliant!!
Old Jul 29th 2010, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

amanda1101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by deerhunter74
no problem, but these visas do take time. You might want to get married first and then have your wife start the process while you come back home.
Old Jul 30th 2010, 2:10 am
Just Joined

turko-steve will become famous soon enough

Hello Deerhunter 74
Sunnydays has got it spot on. Just follow his advice. Personally I had very little trouble in getting a spouses Visa. I paid 550 GBP and waited three months and the visa was delivered by courier. My wife had a stable job working for the local governor. And came from a good background. So I suppose it made things easier. Just be careful as some girls just want your money and can turn your life into a nightmare.
Good luck.
Steve.