Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Life Certificate/ Proof of Life re UK State Pension

Life Certificate/ Proof of Life re UK State Pension

Old Oct 11th 2022, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Certificate/ Proof of Life re UK State Pension

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
How often are these life certificate/Proof of life documents sent out, I received my UK pension a year ago. And like most here the postal system is terrible, my last letter from the pension office was posted on 22nd June, arrived Manila 26th June, arrived at our local post office mid February.
Ask the question and 3 days later a life cert turns up in the post.
Old Oct 13th 2022, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Phoned them up yesterday to tell them my life cert hadn't arrived and from what I know about other recipients it was probably lost in the post. Only to be told by the lady it hadn't gone out yet!

Explained I had moved to an area where it seems mail is not delivered. And it was difficult to keep checking back in my old subdivision 10 miles away. She was sympathetic about that. But at first didn't seem to believe there were no deliveries at my new location and asked me for the address. I gave it but said that in 5 months I haven't seen any mail delivered in our area. I then suggested using the local Post Office as Poste Restante.. Which she agreed to. Gave the address.

Then suddenly, as my balance was about to run out, she said she would email me a blank form. What was the email service like here she asked. Good, I lied. I gave her my email address and a few minutes later it came. I need to fill it in, get it witnessed and mail it off. Referencing the call though. Something of a relief.

So it seems that if you do have any life cert delivery problems to here they might make things easier by emailing that form to you if you contact them.
Old Oct 14th 2022, 3:00 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

How often have you or other posters been receiving Proof of Life certs... start every two years from 66 , or random timings ? Whats everyones experience?
Old Oct 14th 2022, 3:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
How often have you or other posters been receiving Proof of Life certs... start every two years from 66 , or random timings ? Whats everyones experience?
Random for me. From memory I received my first one about 5 years ago and second one a few weeks ago. Been here about 7 years
Old Oct 14th 2022, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

For me every two years since 2014.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute
Default Life Certificate - Update

I rang the International Pensions Service today to check if my life certificate had been processed and cleared. The rep wanted to know when the form had been posted; I told him when it was delivered instead, giving him the details of who signed for it. After doing the normal security checks, he eventually confirmed that it had been processed and his comment was: ‘Clear and Active’. I took the opportunity to enquire after the following:

Q. Was it possible to blank out my NI number and give a copy of the form to friends who had not received theirs yet, but were told it had been posted? I was concerned that the barcode on the left of the form may directly relate to an individual's NI number.
Ans: His reply was that if someone doesn’t receive their form, just call us and we shall e-mail it to them. This form can be retained and used again and again, The form that is sent out by e-mail does not have a barcode on it. When there is a barcode, I think it’s generic but it’s best for the person to get their own and not tamper with the form, especially as we can e-mail it to them.

Q. When can I expect to get the next form and why do some people receive the life Certificate every 2 years and others maybe 4 years?
Ans: There's no fixed date, the forms are computer generated. It’s quite possible that the programme is set so that the older one gets, the more frequent the form is sent.

I made the call by Skype. After waiting on the line for 12 mins, I was disconnect before being put though. After reconnecting and waiting again, I was on the phone for another 22 mins. So, overall the total time was 34 mins costing 87 pence. Happy with that and glad to close this matter, for now. For those interested in the timeline, it was as follows:

14 Aug 22 Date the Life Certificate was generated in UK
06 Oct 22 Date I received the form in Ph
13 Oct 22 e-mailed life form to friend in UK - no covering letter.
20 Oct 22 friend posted it by Royal Mail, ‘Signed for/ Recorded delivery’. Cost: £2.35
26 Oct 22 Delivered to Pension Office and signed for.
29 Oct 22 Processed and declared ‘Clear and Active’
05 Dec 22 Rang to enquire whether or not my form had been processed and received the good news.

So, the advice I was first given by the Pension's Service was correct. You can e-mail the completed form to family or friends in UK and get them to post it for you. Certainly cheaper that using a courier service from here.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 10:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Your advice is greatly appreciated. I have just one piece of advice (I also use Skype) when phoning the Pension Service try at 08.15 UK time, I always get through straight away.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Your advice is greatly appreciated. I have just one piece of advice (I also use Skype) when phoning the Pension Service try at 08.15 UK time, I always get through straight away.
Thanks for that. I’m the same and tend to call as close to 08:00 UK time as possible, hoping to get near the front of the queue. Today, my first call went in at 08:10 and after getting cut off, I dialled again straight after. I always try to avoid calling on Mondays but as my 16 weeks deadline expired on the 3 Dec, I thought I'd better get on with it today. Perhaps calling on a Monday was the problem.
Old Dec 5th 2022, 1:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
Thanks for that. I’m the same and tend to call as close to 08:00 UK time as possible, hoping to get near the front of the queue. Today, my first call went in at 08:10 and after getting cut off, I dialled again straight after. I always try to avoid calling on Mondays but as my 16 weeks deadline expired on the 3 Dec, I thought I'd better get on with it today. Perhaps calling on a Monday was the problem.
What is the best number to call
Old Dec 5th 2022, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
What is the best number to call
(+44) 191 218 7777 and select Option 1

Old Dec 5th 2022, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Feidlimid
(+44) 191 218 7777 and select Option 1
Thanks for that
Old Dec 10th 2022, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

I realise there are reasons why they might not accept confirmation on the HMRC's online portal but surely they could -place alerts about it being sent and confirmed on there, given that lack of funds could be life and death for some pensioners - and the govn is saving huge sums by not having to pay out for social care and health for those overseas.
Old Dec 10th 2022, 11:12 am
BE Enthusiast

It's quite strange that HMRC accept important information online and DWP does not. I suppose it highlights how disfunctional the British Civil Service is. As an aside all my other pension providers accept proof of life online.
Old Nov 9th 2023, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Received another Life Certificate today. If we go by the date on their letters, 14 August 22, 23 March 23 and 10 September 23, that’s three in the space of just over one year; is somebody spreading rumours about my health? Granted the first and last were from the International Pension Centre which handles state pensions and the other was from the MOD that handles military pensions.

I know they are computer generated, hence the sporadic nature of these certificates but maybe that programme could do with some tweaking. Even better, wouldn’t it be great if those two ‘branches’ of government coordinated with one other.

Fortunately my method of scanning and e-mailing the certificate to family / friends in the UK to print and post is being accepted.
Old Nov 9th 2023, 11:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Looks like DWP are moving to annual Proof of Life when it was every two years. Or, maybe the increase in frequency depends on age. You know the older you get the greater chance of falling off your perch!
A Belgian friend has to prove he is still with us every six months.
I recently had a request of my survival from a company pension scheme. Very smart, the whole process was completed online within two minutes. Way to go DWP. But then judging on how the Civil Service works it won't happen in my lifetime!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.