Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Life Certificate/ Proof of Life re UK State Pension

Wikiposts

Life Certificate/ Proof of Life re UK State Pension

Old Nov 9th 2023, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life Certificate/ Proof of Life re UK State Pension

Rely on snail mail to inform you that they need a Proof of Life cert. Fine if you live somewhere with a postal service. Otherwise you're left guessing if you need to send one in. That's now my situation. Last time I guessed I was due and phoned them. They said they hadn't sent out a request, but do one anyway on the form they emailed.

That was last year. Now wondering what to do. Of course you can just wait until they stop paying.

Anyone else here getting a State Pension living somewhere with no home postal delivery?
Old Nov 9th 2023, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I find it incredible that both the DWP and HMRC haven't come up with a secure process to email their correspondence. It must be cost effective to do so, or am I being too obvious because that will be a cost cutting exercise.
Old Nov 9th 2023, 12:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I find it incredible that both the DWP and HMRC haven't come up with a secure process to email their correspondence. It must be cost effective to do so, or am I being too obvious because that will be a cost cutting exercise.
If you go to the HMRC gateway you can select either email or snailmail for correspondence. Obviously they can't email your tax rebate cheque.
Old Nov 9th 2023, 1:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Yes but they can do a direct bank transfer, home or overseas!
Old Nov 10th 2023, 4:59 pm
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Looks like DWP are moving to annual Proof of Life when it was every two years. Or, maybe the increase in frequency depends on age. You know the older you get the greater chance of falling off your perch! ...
I think you may be right re the frequency of these certificates increasing with age. However, not so in my case as I only qualified for my state pension 2 years ago.
Old Nov 10th 2023, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Ive only been receiving my pension for 9 months and already had to complete one of these this month.
Old Nov 11th 2023, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
Ive only been receiving my pension for 9 months and already had to complete one of these this month.
Not received one yet, still maintain a UK address. I have travelled back to the UK yearly so as far as UK gov is concerned I'm still a resident.
Old Nov 11th 2023, 2:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

"If you go to the HMRC gateway you can select either email or snailmail for correspondence. Obviously they can't email your tax rebate cheque."

It seems that the money receiving Ministry is not sharing it's expertise with the paying out Ministry.

Old Nov 12th 2023, 10:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

I have received Proof of Life letters for both of my government pensions over the last few years.... but never for my private pension since initial payment about 10 years ago. Maybe they don't think it's important... because it's quite an insignificant sum paid annually
Old Nov 12th 2023, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

In addition to the State Pension I have three private pensions and all require Proof of Life all currently at two year intervals.
Old Nov 12th 2023, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a mate who worked for UN. Has to do a voice message for Proof of Life . Much easier/ smarter and logical than filling in a form , and getting a "responsible person " to countersign.
Old Feb 27th 2024, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

I today (28th February 2024) received a communication dated 10th September 2023, requesting I fill in and have authorised the enclosed Life Certificate, within sixteen weeks! I phoned 00 44 191 21 87777 and entered option "3" for life certificates. A very pleasant woman "Amanda" answered, and upon hearing my tale of woe. Has extended the deadline to sixteen weeks from today.
Also in today's post:
Notice of pension increase from April 2023, dated January 2023.
Bank Passcode posted 2nd February 2023.
Building society letter asking me to confirm something by 27th September 2023.
Many other letters with deadlines long past.
Christmas cards etc.
Yes I have regularly gone to the Post Office asking if their is any mail for this household.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 8:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Another tale about the efficiency of Philpost. I live in Marikina about 15Kms from the airport in Manila. In the past when they stamped the progress of airmail the following timeline was typical.
Date of letter to receipt at Manila Airport 5 days. Manila Airport to Central PO 3 days. Central PO to Marikina PO 4 weeks. Marikina PO to home delivery 5 weeks.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

In the Tagaytay area Tagaytay post office was closed in 2022 leaving only two small POs in two of its three neighbouring towns,each a good way away. One hidden in the corner of an indoor basketball court.

My plan with the Life Cert is just to wait until the money fails to come then phone up. I have a blank copy of the form.
Old Feb 28th 2024, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

I think that the Life Certificate is sent every two years. I'm waiting until August when I will make a Skype call to DWP. For the life of me (excuse then) why can't the DWP move away from snail mail?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.