Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Life Certificate Pensions Letter 2018

Life Certificate Pensions Letter 2018

Old May 2nd 2018, 11:44 am
Just Joined

Meggiesman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Life Certificate Pensions Letter 2018

"....I know a couple of expats who did not appear to get their letter and only found out when their pension was stopped. On calling International Pensions they were told that if they think they should have received a Life Cert letter to call IP and ask if one has been sent. In these cases I understand the DWP emailed them the form to print out and action.."

Thanks Quiltman. Think it's a great idea- waiting for a supposedly sent letter- this way by phoning them they may respond as you suggest by email.

Thanks
Old May 2nd 2018, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that an annual enquiry to DWP regarding Life Certificate letters may be prudent.
Old Jun 10th 2018, 4:14 am
Just Joined

expatuk2017 is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently had the same problem both myself and my filipino wife have UK pensions and it was stopped in may, we never recieved the POL forms
as we never did back in 2013 ! I phoned the Int pension service 08.10 uk time 3.10pm on Thurs phil time
via the pldt operator got straight through pressed a few buttons got to a nice chap named david after a few questions to confirm my id etc
he told me the forms were sent out in Jan !
any way they emailed me the forms in 2013 which i had stored on my pc, these i printed out 2 copies myself and the wife filled in the forms
got our doctor to witness them also included a photo of us and tbe Doctor with me holding my POL form sent by LBC 4 days later pension recieved !
i emailed the Int pension service and told them we will be in future sending the POL forms to them every January regardless !
and as several have said here for important documents etc use either LBC or similar ,
since we arrived in 2011 most of the mail we have been sent that we knew to expect from relatives in the UK has never arrived !
We have sent birthday cards etc which never arrived in the UK.
my private pension companies both contact me by email so does my UK bank so why cant the DWP ?

Last edited by expatuk2017; Jun 10th 2018 at 4:17 am.
Old Jun 10th 2018, 5:20 am
Just Joined

Meggiesman is an unknown quantity at this point

That's the way to do it- cheers