Humorous Episodes

Old Apr 6th 2022, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Humorous Episodes

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
The best idea was the yearly MOT but even then they weren't checking lights but would fail for defective aircon.
They're doing an expanded MOT now. Last year in my provincial LTO they did check lights. Nothing much else. In Pasay City they did a lot more a few weeks ago to a car I help pay for. They found a leaking brake fluid hose, and my daughter had to get it fixed there by someone who the staff called up and came on a motorbike! They also found her brake lights not working. Don't know why that wasn't dealt with in the same way, but she went away and will have to get those fixed before trying to register again.
Old Jun 1st 2022, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Took a jeepney to town this morning, first in a couple of years and sat in the front which I very rarely do. About half way it stopped to pick up a woman who came up to the front and said I had to move because she was councilor xyz, I replied "Sorry to hear that you have my condolences, if you had studied harder at school you could have got a proper job". That was followed by sniggering and laughter from the back, she slammed the door and stomped off, obviously to catch another jeepney with passengers she could intimidate. After we got going someone translated for the driver, he thought it was funny so I gave her fare he missed as well as mine.
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Headline from a newspaper

Bill making birth, death, marriage certificates valid for life lapses into law

Death certificate is not going to be valid for very long then.
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

This is about a trade off between security and the cost/inconvenience to the public. But what they should do is drastically reduce the number of certificates people have to produce in the first place.

Also, incorrect use of the verb "to lapse" by the Filipino who put this in the Constitution as if a bill lapsed it would be void and not become law. Where they got this term from I can't find out. Except that In Australia a lapsed bill has be resubmitted.
But they do become law here. Some are not signed within 30 days because they are only about building a bridge somewhere and others maybe because the President is lazy, doesn't know what to do or doesn't want it to be said he signed the measure, even though it became law.
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

It's all about authenticated copies only being valid for six months. So every time you make an application say you need to get a new copy of your documents. crazy.
Old Aug 2nd 2022, 9:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Read somewhere the PSA said older certificates were more likely to be tampered with. So they brought in features like new colours. It was said some years ago Recto was the place to go to get fake certificates, so I assume they were good at altering them too.
You would think now the need to submit all those papers in folders should be greatly reduced with digitalization. But no.
Old Aug 22nd 2022, 5:04 am
BE Forum Addict

I thought I had seen most things during my life, but then I moved to the Philippines. Last night we had a power outage and after about an hour there was a noise on the track behind the house that carries the main power lines. The power company van had turned up with a guy standing on the roof shining a torch up and down each power pole until the eventually got to the one they thought was the problem, on the lower cross member it had two small transformer type boxes. They then sprung into action with their high tech repair system, two torches to identify the fault and a long piece of bamboo to wack the defective bit with. Over the next 15 minutes the lights came on at least 30 times, then they brought in the big guns, two of them on the piece of bamboo, a few spark later the power came back on. Bamboo thrown in the ditch and off went the van. About an hour later the power went out again, so I unplugged everything and went to bed.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Aug 22nd 2022 at 5:08 am.
Old Dec 21st 2022, 11:51 am
BE Forum Addict

In the local town supermarket where we do some of our monthly shop I do the household shopping ( washing powder/liquid, toilet rolls, bleach etc ) and my wife does the tinned and food cupboard bits, last time we were there, there were a couple of young women looking at my trolley and at me so I just told them that I was a house boy and only picked up household stuff as Madam did not trust me to do the food shopping. That will be a story for the family when they get home, Filipina with white houseboy. Wife is not happy about me winding up the natives.
Old Dec 23rd 2022, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

They will say they saw a white house boy as you didn't say "joke". The need to often say that after attempting some humour is a bit tedious.
Old Jan 3rd 2023, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

You can now see pictures of people with onions as jewelry which is not surprising as you can now buy a barrel of oil for less than 7.5kg onions.
Old Jan 3rd 2023, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

maybe tim eto order 60kg max weight of onion from the UK in a Bb Box about 260pesos per kilo including box costs and flog them on arrival for 500pesos per kilo