Unhumourous Episodes

Old Jan 7th 2023, 6:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Unhumourous Episodes

Things sometimes happen here when you're trying to get service which are not funny and cause great inconvenience.They can be quite unusual. I think it is useful to post these in case they can be useful for others. This may not be one of those but others may be.

Yesterday got a call from a local car shop.."Your car is fixed Sir, we found the trouble". Very relieved as two car mechanics had so far failed to find the problem. It was raining hard so said will come tomorrow morning.
So this morning we turned up there. Pleased with the job, paid the bill...but, a problem....a vehicle blocked the way out of the garage.They didn't have a key, they said, but he will be back in an hour. After 1 hour or so a further explanation as to why it couldn't be moved up the sloping entrance. No brakes. Waited another hour and a half. It's getting to lunch time and I'm getting annoyed. Gave the garage manager a telling off for not having a number for the driver. After first repeating that we had to wait for the guy to return...when was that to be?..he finally thought about starting its engine without a key and replacing its old brake components. So it could be got out of the way. We got out and a lady, who luckily had come later to pick up her car, was also able to get out.
I hate having to raise my voice here...I know they don't like it and often they tell you to calm down. Without doing anything to help. Which this manager did at first. But I replied I will calm down when you tell me something so that I can calm down. So after a few minutes he had either thought of that something or someone there suggested it. Then finally he apologised for the inconvenience.