hi

Old Oct 27th 2012, 5:16 am
Just Joined

dave_gen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default hi

me and wife are moving to philippines next month in davao city, Im A UK citizen and this is my 2nd time to visit davao and I found out that davao is a good place very fresh,unpolluted full of fruits and also they are so friendly.

We want to meet friends, to chat with and have fun xxx

Cheers,
Dave
Old Oct 28th 2012, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice
Default Re: hi

Welcome to the forum. I like Davao but live in Bohol now. keep us up to date with your progress.
Old Oct 28th 2012, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I live in Cebu.
You mention fruits, a caution here: the durian tastes as bad as it smells to most of us. However many locals think that it is the food of the gods.
I don't think you will find many foreigners that do like it.
Old Nov 27th 2012, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

DaveInGensan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, I just joined here. I live in Gensan, about 2 hours south of Davao and the next largest city (with the possible exception of Cagayan D'Oro). It's a nice place. There's lots to do and see in Mindanao. The closest place to Davao to relax and enjoy the local culture is Samal Island (about 10 mins by Ferry) and my favourite spot there is Paradise resort. Cheap, clean and great food!
I love Durian!
I commute from Gensan to Canada (I am from UK originally) to work 5 or 6 times a year and spend 3 weeks each time I come home. I married a local girl in Gensan 18 months ago.
I prefer Gensan to Davao because it's a little smaller and there's less traffic, but both are pretty safe places. I hope you enjoy it there. Are you staying long?
Dave
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the forum. I live in Laguna about 2 hours from manila depending on the traffic! Before you jump into anything here take some time to understand your new environment.
Old Apr 15th 2013, 4:08 am
Banned

Friendly O is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear all,

I am travelling to Manila during the next week, arriving on the 20th of April.

I would really like to meet up with fellow British expats for a nice chat and a banter, but I'm afraid I don't know anyone residind in Manila at the moment.

Would any of you nice chaps be up for a beer or two next week?
The first beer will be on me!

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 15th 2018 at 10:29 am. Reason: Email address removed
Old Mar 23rd 2014, 10:42 am
Just Joined

FrancisBanks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DaveInGensan
Hi, I just joined here. I live in Gensan, about 2 hours south of Davao and the next largest city (with the possible exception of Cagayan D'Oro). It's a nice place. There's lots to do and see in Mindanao. The closest place to Davao to relax and enjoy the local culture is Samal Island (about 10 mins by Ferry) and my favourite spot there is Paradise resort. Cheap, clean and great food!
I love Durian!
I commute from Gensan to Canada (I am from UK originally) to work 5 or 6 times a year and spend 3 weeks each time I come home. I married a local girl in Gensan 18 months ago.
I prefer Gensan to Davao because it's a little smaller and there's less traffic, but both are pretty safe places. I hope you enjoy it there. Are you staying long?
Dave
Hi. I just arrived in Gensan. My wife is Filipina. I am looking for someone to share a beer or a jog with.