Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Evicting foreigners in Philippines

Evicting foreigners in Philippines

Old Sep 24th 2022, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

samtheman40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evicting foreigners in Philippines

I just wonder what the law is in the Philippines on a Filipino evicting a foreigner on a tourist visa from there land?
Old Sep 24th 2022, 9:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evicting foreigners in Philippines

Can you be more precise.
Old Sep 24th 2022, 10:32 pm
Forum Regular

I am from the U.K. married to a Filipina I have Philippines residency and last year bought some land on one of the Philippines islands. The barangay captain helped us by the land. I spent 4 and a half months getting all the paperwork right so we could build a house on the land. Our neighbour is from America and he lives part time in Philippines. When we brought the land he was back in America.
Since Easter he has been back in Philippines. We started building in August and since then he has been verbally abusing our builders and us. He also has 5 American but bull dogs that he dose not leash up and they and we have since found out the dogs have attacked other locals dogs abs killed a locals pig and attacked some humans. Most people in the area are very scared of him. We found out that he goes by 2 different names and won’t give anyone his I’d. I have since typed in one of his names into google and it turned out he has been in prison in the USA and is a very dangerous man. It turns out he used to date a Filipina who had 2 boys by another man and there real dad bought them 2 bits of land each. The boys are now abuts but when the older boy was young he was manipulated into signing over his land so our neighbour could live there. Our American neighbour is no longer with the mum of the 2 Filipino boys. The wife of the younger Filipino boy and us are wondering how to evict the American guy from The land as he has not just scared me but most of the island are scared.
aby info would be great.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

To start with , although this doesn't help you now, I'm remembering the considerable help of a Brgy captain when my wife and I bought some land in a coastal area. Fatally his word was taken about a lot adjoining ours. A few years later the owner of that land turned up and blocked our access. Necessitating a 0.5km drive to get to the property.

RA 9482 provides for fines for owners of unleashed dogs...but would you know it existed?
So far there seems little else you can get him on. So you and/or others could try getting some evidence on that and submitting it to the police.
Otherwise when you become fully resident you must hope that his abuse of the builders was a failed attempt to stop you building there and that your neighbour will reluctantly accept your presence.Though you need to have good walls and a CCTV system, if those aren't already in your plans.

Eviction is by a land owner to a tenant. Not as here. Focusing on his visa rather than getting him off the property might be a better way. The locals, not you, being the ones to do that. But your problem would be the American will suspect you are behind it. That goes for the dog complaint as well.

So it seems to me there's little to be done unless he does something really serious to the locals or you. Even then its not guaranteed the authorities will act. Especially if it only involves you.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

My wife is currently speaking with the owners brother and sister in law. The owner is coming to the Philippines soon. The tenant on the land is a felony from the USA he was bailed out of prison for beating up a policeman and shooting loaded fire arms in a residential area in USA and was found with drugs on him. Was just wondering if a lawyer in Philippines could get the contract ripped up that the American guy bullied the son of his ex girlfriend to sign. The owner of the land the brother and his wife are scared of him. As are myself and my wife and our builders and so are the expats that live near by.
I spend lots of money getting a lawyers letter signed and sent to the manila immigration and we complained to the barangay and to the police. But they not really doing anything about it.
not really sure how a felon was allowed to leave the USA and travel to the Philippines. He has 2 different names on 2 different Facebook accounts. All very scary.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 1:36 am
Forum Regular

His dogs that are pit bulls and banned in some countries. They have badly attacked other people’s pet dogs to the point they have had to go to the vet and pay over 7000 peso to save there dogs. He just says his dogs were provoked that’s why they attacked. Also his dogs bit an 11 year old child and pinned down a foreigner. But he just manipulated the situation and gets away with it.
I think the best thing to do is to try get the owner and family to somehow evict hike from the land.

Last edited by samtheman40; Sep 25th 2022 at 1:39 am.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Ah...he's a leaseholder, not owner.. Is he up to date with the rent? Abiding by the other terms? If not can you all help the owner to kick him out?
Looking around one source says convicted US felons applying for a Philippines visa need to apply to the Philippines government through the Philippine Embassy there to be forgiven! You can do further checks to verify that should be what has to be done. Anyway keep up the BI letters, there's a new Commissioner there getting his feet under the table. They can include a question about him being forgiven, Because even if he has he may be breaking the conditions.,
Old Sep 25th 2022, 2:21 am
Forum Regular

I doubt he is paying any rent money and he is on a tourist visa. Ya right felons should get a letter from the government to come to Philippines. Since he been here there have been 3 presidents. He just put up the house with out any build permits when we asked him about deed of donation and DENR and DAR who are the people who tell you the building and land laws that the Philippines have he had no idea what we were talking about.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Saw a similar case about one month ago.

The locals reported him to Immigration and he was duly arrested. Now out on bail. I have heard nothing further.

Immigration would take great interest if he is here possibly under alias to hide a criminal record.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 6:03 am
Forum Regular

We already sent a lawyers letter to Manila immigration. But when I asked the lawyer about how long it will take to sort out the lawyer got all defensive and said he did not want to get any more involved. We also sent photocopies of all the info about him we could find on google. We seem to be doing the barangay’s job for them. Not sure why they won’t do much to help
and relying on us to sort it out.
Old Sep 25th 2022, 7:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Your neighbour has /is paying extra for his unfettered stay.
Old Sep 26th 2022, 1:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

If this guy does have a criminal record at the level you are suggesting Then I would think the Immigration department may wish to take an interest. they often refuse entry to such people on arrival
Old Sep 26th 2022, 2:13 am
Forum Regular

As said in a post b4 that we sent a letter from the lawyer to the Manila immigration. How he managed to be allowed into the country I do not know. But he seems to know how to manipulate the system.
Old Sep 26th 2022, 3:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samtheman40
As said in a post b4 that we sent a letter from the lawyer to the Manila immigration. How he managed to be allowed into the country I do not know. But he seems to know how to manipulate the system.
When was the letter sent?

If you don't have a copy you need to get one

Who is "we"?

It will be a great coup for immigration if they nab an illegal criminal who appears to have outfoxed them on arrival .
Old Sep 26th 2022, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

We is my wife and myself.
letter was sent about 3 weeks ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.