Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

European expats living in the Philippines

European expats living in the Philippines

Old Aug 17th 2012, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of
Default Re: European expats living in the Philippines

The internet has brought us forums for exchanging news on each others experiences be them good or bad and we must be grateful for the time spent by users to air our differences on topics.
I suppose the Filipinas are "honey traps" for some folk and we can see the attraction,....... sure it beats Tescos and the the bar in the Red Lion.
Buyer beware must be observed.
My friend up the road gives his wife some money to shop in SM and she spends every bit of it. He asked me the other day how much allowance i gave my wife.
I replied that she has a cash card from the joint account and takes what she needs, after a few years where she was giving me change from every trip I decided to give her the card. I can easily check her withdrawels on the internet.
I love the life here almost like being treated as a vip and they treat the old people with respect not much left of that in the UK.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 5:41 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

The headline topic is "European expats living in the Philippines".

You are not being treated like a VIP here, you are being treated like a customer spending money. The same goes for Filipinas, except they don't call you sir like the others.
As a western man in a very poor country, you can be old and fat and ugly, a desperate single mother filipina will be your one man prostitute anytime. They are happy, you are happy, as long as the money flows, these women will be good partners. But it is all fake, you are way down the list in reality, her kids, her immediate family and her barkada are her real concerns, you are the one funding her new found lifestyle, that's all and she will do her best to keep that cash coming to her.

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 19th 2012 at 6:13 am.
Old Aug 19th 2012, 5:53 am
BE Enthusiast

brussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to beholdbrussels_sprout is a splendid one to behold

Bah, personal attacks, assuming I am bitter and date bargirls, blah blah blah, you don't know me and I don't know you, I could be female as far as you know, ASSUME ASSUME - makes an ASS out of U and ME.

The lady I mentioned in a previous post with 2 ex western husbands, ( I call her the black widow), the last husband had an argument with her ( he did have some mental problems) and he ended up dead, shot like a dog in a police stake out, a la Raoul Moat. There was no news of it in the local papers or TV, but everyone knew what happened. You can be sure it was officially noted that he died of 'natural causes' seeing all foreign deaths must be reported to the embassy ( he was not British citizen).
She has a new American beau as I write. Also she is rich now. Filipinas know their "rank" in society don't they? Here you get respect for your position not for what you are.

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 19th 2012 at 6:15 am.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Originally Posted by brussels_sprout
Bah, personal attacks, assuming I am bitter and date bargirls, blah blah blah, you don't know me and I don't know you, I could be female as far as you know, ASSUME ASSUME - makes an ASS out of U and ME.

The lady I mentioned in a previous post with 2 ex western husbands, ( I call her the black widow), the last husband had an argument with her ( he did have some mental problems) and he ended up dead, shot like a dog in a police stake out, a la Raoul Moat. There was no news of it in the local papers or TV, but everyone knew what happened. You can be sure it was officially noted that he died of 'natural causes' seeing all foreign deaths must be reported to the embassy ( he was not British citizen).
She has a new American beau as I write. Also she is rich now. Filipinas know their "rank" in society don't they? Here you get respect for your position not for what you are.
Never make assumptions! Of course you could be a western female. There are many who dont like asian women as their husbands have disappeared with them!!
You just seem to have a very jaundiced view. Remember everyone is different. Just because you and your neighbours have suffered misfortune it doesnt follow that everyone else will or have done.
Old Aug 20th 2012, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

I was in 2 minds whether to report this to his embassy or not. It seems unjust but I want to live here without problems. And of course, it is here say, but almost certainly true. And he was slightly loco but didn't deserve that.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 2:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Last night at 02:20 I heard someone at our window saying "hello? " in quite a loud voice, 1 minute later he was banging on the front door loudly. It was an east European man, I did not know what it was, maybe a personal matter, I thought initially. So i awoke my girlfriend and she opened the door, the yayas were just about to open it. He wanted to know the location of the Travellers' Guesthouse, what an ignorant, arogant way of behaving. We were in shock and anger for 1 hour. Bastos. Bloody foreigners, although western Europeans would never behave like this, disturbing sleep of locals in small town Philippines. Has anything like that ever happened to you?

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 21st 2012 at 2:18 am.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

desert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nicedesert-rat is just really nice

Where are you located brussels-sprout?
I wouldnt be too happy about anyone banging on my door in the early hours.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

I am on Palawan, I had a word with our local Pulis, and he would have arrested this guy. We were so wound up, I couldn't get to sleep after. I was telling everyone today that British people would never do that, hopefully the locals don't think that all foreigners are like the guy last night. He must have been rich, been to El Nido and now going to exclusive island. Thought he was so much better than the Filipinos, richer not better
My neighbour said he would have punched the guy

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 21st 2012 at 8:25 am.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 9:44 am
Forum Regular

Yes its pretty bad form.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

You live near the chocolate hills, rat?
Old Aug 21st 2012, 1:41 pm
Forum Regular

No on the coast about 5 km past the turn off to Carmen and the Chocolate Hills. Just past where the Loboc River meets the sea.
Old Aug 21st 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point

big dog??? he he sorry .im use to my gsd s.i dont need a door bell.. hope to get something like an akita once im there /coming soon .12 days to paradice mmmmmmmmm .
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 8:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Englishman refuses ( sensibly) to make a loan to his filipina wife's aunt, so she tells everyone that he is a vampire and the whole village now fears him
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...im-family.html

Has a filipina ever asked YOU for money? I have a feeling that desert rat has a pile of IOUs from filipinas, but at least he can still eat garlic though

Last edited by brussels_sprout; Aug 22nd 2012 at 8:41 am.
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 10:21 am
Forum Regular

Many have asked.Some even had the audacity to ask for money for a tricycle in the morning when I first came to these pleasant islands 25 years ago. It is rumoured that there are several Filipinas that still have IOUS written by me!!!!!
Old Aug 22nd 2012, 11:31 am
Forum Regular

blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point

well it depends how you mean ,ive briught her some nice presants . but most of those she asked for and there for her buisness .and thats now a good little one which is enableing me to leave this .....hole of country , so im very happy with my investment in her..................i brought her a laptop six mths ago but as for lending to anyone else i have a look igive and it scares them, and me!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.